Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kududude
Yup, Sharpton became an Ordained Minister at three years of age. I'm thinking that his degree came from a mailorder diploma mill.

gringringringrin

Degree? Who said Sharpton had a degree? The title "Reverend" is not a degree. It's a title given by churches. In some cases, the criteria for the title are pretty stringent. In the case of some independent churches, it's freely given without requirements regarding education, time in service, internships, or any other criteria. If the church leaders want to give it, they draw up a certificate and give it.

In the case of Sharpton, his ordination as "reverend" at age four is often cited as some kind of special qualification, when what it really does is certify how low the standards of his church are. Al Sharpton has no degree other than a high school diploma. From Wikipedia:
Sharpton graduated from Samuel J. Tilden High School in Brooklyn, and attended Brooklyn College, dropping out after two years in 1975.

Regarding Sharpton's age at his ordination, Wikipedia has this to say:
Sharpton was licensed and ordained a Pentecostal minister by Bishop F.D. Washington at the age of nine or ten. After Bishop Washington's death in the late 1980s, Sharpton became a Baptist. He was re-baptized as a member of the Bethany Baptist Church in 1994 by the Reverend William Jones and became a Baptist minister.

Sharpton is called "Reverend" because someone decided when he was a boy to call him "Reverend." That's all it means. It says earlier in the Wiki article that he is an American Baptist, but I'd be surprised if the American Baptist denomination recognizes his ministerial credentials.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
In talking with an epidemiologist, she told me that the virus was seen in sub-Sahara Africa and was associated with primates. One question lead to another and she clued me in that it was a result of using simian blood or body parts in rituals and had been around there since the early 1950's. But due to the promiscuity and other cultural practices of Africans in general it had spread like wildfire and was ravaging the continent. She was blunt to the extreme.

Crow, that Epidemiologist's name wasn't Klink, by any chance, was it?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ColKlink
He's always reminded me of a black Ron Jeremy and has about the same morals.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'll print this out and put it down in my barn,

should keep the rats out !!!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Did not say they were screwing them, maybe just using body parts

"Ahem".....

You wrote....

Probably got the AID's while visiting Africa years ago. You know how some scientists say AIDS was started by being transferred from monkeys to African men....... wink

and....

Pretty sure it was using primates in rituals, sexual and religious. But that has been buried.

why was HIV unknown until the middle part of the last century, circa 1950?

As I recall it wasn't actually identified until decades later, when the recorded incidences of 1950's-era Kaposi's sarcoma were finally identified as having been symptomatic of the disease.

Why it wouldn't have been identified BEFORE then is easy to explain; far fewer records exist, back then there weren't nearly as many trained doctors, hospitals and clinics in Africa as there was by the 1980's, or even 1950's.

Also, the spread of the disease would have been hugely facilitated by the arrival of roads, mechanized transport, and the movement of people to cities. Prior to then it could easily have remained isolated and local, and/or merely undergone a minor mutation during the last century making it more virulent in humans.

As for the spread of HIV among Africans, might be in part a genetic explanation....

Recently, scientists were astonished to find that some individuals did not become infected with HIV, even after repeated exposure to the deadly virus.

For some reason, they were immune. A long and difficult scientific search, using blood samples from hundreds of HIV-resistant patients, finally teased out the genetic explanation. Resistant individuals had in their cells two copies of a mutation that disrupted the entryway through which HIV viruses entered white blood cells. People who inherited just one copy of the change could become infected, but their disease progressed more slowly.

With this being such a recent epidemic, where did peoples' immunity come from?

Another puzzle was the way this resistance is distributed throughout the world. In some Northern European populations it is relatively common. In Southern Europeans it is more rare, and it is almost entirely absent in Africans, Asians, and Native Americans. Logically, the mutation must have occurred in the past, acting as a defense against a different, previous epidemic caused -- like the AIDS epidemic -- by a pathogen that also targeted white blood cells.

Reading a chronological history, biologists traced the HIV-resistance gene mutation back about 700 years. That was the time at which the Black Death -- bubonic plague -- swept like a deadly scythe through Europe, killing one-third of the population. Then, as now, there were individuals who survived the lethal organism, perhaps because it could not enter their white blood cells. The areas that were hardest hit by the Black Plague match those where the gene for HIV resistance is the most common today.

Ergo, not considering the tiny minority of Europeans actually immune, IIRC the AIDS virus, though ultimately fatal, tends to do its thing a lot slower in Europeans.

Consider another sexually-transmitted virus; HPV virus in women, an estimated 50% of Americans across the board are infected. If it killed us we'd all be dropping like flies.

Birdwatcher

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 08/16/13.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Sharpton broke? Don't make me laugh.

Broke doesn't wear custom suits, smoke expensive cigars at a Manhattan cigar club & drink booze sold at same club during a normal weekday night.

-Ken

IC B2

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'm stating what OReilly said. Re-read the part about "some time Back" referring to a time some years ago when sharpie inferred his Christmas po-folks fund was short in the Harlem- hood dept.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
"Ahem".....

You wrote....

Probably got the AID's while visiting Africa years ago. You know how some scientists say AIDS was started by being transferred from monkeys to African men.......

I never wrote that, and "ahem" I would suggest that you can use monkey parts or anything in a ritual of sexual nature without actually screwing it.

Keep digging.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're right, it was chinstructor that wrote the first part, understandable error on my part given that your post was so similar in tone.

[quote]I would suggest that you can use monkey parts or anything in a ritual of sexual nature without actually screwing it.[/quite]

Why am I reminded of Bill Clinton all of a sudden, was it him that stated oral sex wasn't? I forget. I do recall at one point he was debating the meaning of "is" or some such.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Most of us had Sharpton figured out years ago. What has taken O'Reilly so long? Of course, it hasn't been too long ago that O'Reilly said he would give Obama a "B" on his foreign policy and Charles Krauthamer had to take him to school on that. I think O'Reilly has been extremely careful and given Obama "the benefit of the doubt" many, many times since 2009 to try to avoid being called a racist.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
A few months later I got a very urgent letter asking me to come and be tested for a new virus. Apparently the doctor that removed the foreign object was flaming and had gone into full blown AIDS ( name wasn't even around back then ) and was dying.

"back then" it was called the HTLV-III virus and was asscoiated with certain cancers, throat diseases, and pneumonias.

HTLV-III and HTLV-IV

When HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, was characterized in 1984 by Robert Gallo [2], he named it HTLV-III. HTLV-III is currently the name used to describe another virus related to HTLV-I and HTLV-II.[citation needed] "HTLV-IV" has been used to describe recently characterized viruses.[2][3][4]

These viruses were discovered in 2005 in rural Cameroon, and were, it is presumed, transmitted from monkeys to hunters of monkeys through bites and scratches.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I wonder what makes it so endemic now?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
You're right, it was chinstructor that wrote the first part, understandable error on my part given that your post was so similar in tone.

[quote]I would suggest that you can use monkey parts or anything in a ritual of sexual nature without actually screwing it.[/quite]

Why am I reminded of Bill Clinton all of a sudden, was it him that stated oral sex wasn't? I forget. I do recall at one point he was debating the meaning of "is" or some such.

Sorry Birdy, I posted that BS about AIDS & Monkeys as a joke. Didn't mean to start a [bleep].
I knew from College Biology that it wasn't transferred through the sexual contact between Africans & Apes. I also new it was from probably handleing the blood of some primate / monkey species, though.
Your probably one of the smartest guys here on 24HCF and I always enjoy reading your posts for the educational value alone. And the Texas Ranger/ Native American History.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/17/13.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
eekAwww, now ya done it!!! Ya went and complimented Birdie. The PROPER Campfire response is GFY. grin Beisdes, monkeys have some sort of standards yannow. grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Many years back sharpie was a semi-regular guest on the egomaniacs show. There was some horrific black-on-white crime (forget the details) and the overblown ego asked sharpie to go to the midwest and look into the crime telling sharpie that it would 'show the folks that their criticisms of him were wrong' 'that he isn't just a one-trick race hustler'. That was the last time I saw the Revrum on the blowhards show and I figured he finally figured sharpie out. That was probably the same time frame that the 'everything is all about me' fella gave the grifter the money.

I used to watch BOR(e) when he went after judges who gave lenient sentences to pedophiles and the like. He's in full self-parody-mode nowdays. That shark got jumped a long time ago.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just remember everybody. Birdwatcher lived for a time in a primitive village in Africa. Thus he is an eggspurt on all things African. Including AIDS.

Also, he teaches in a rough barrio in south TX. Thus he is an eggspurt on all things Mexican and in a larger sense border-related.

Don't forget, he grew up in a rough part of the U.K. where white kids beat each other up. Thus he is an eggspurt on all things pertaining to such.

Or, he's just a person who has formed a worldview based on his own experiences and because he teaches kids all day he's used to knowing more than those around him and is arrogant enough to think that carries over to everywhere he goes.

MAGA
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1badf350, 25aught6, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 163bc, 63 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,489
Posts18,529,809
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.