Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
OO,

Try Zoloft if the other suggestions don't help you out.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
no kids, no grandkids.

But we have dogs.

And I'll retire as soon as I can afford to, and won't be looking for things to do. PLENTY on the list if I live long enough.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
To me it sounds a lot like plain ol' depression.

I agree. They have meds for this. Go see a few good docs & you will soon find that this is a normal thing that can happen anytime throughout ones lifetime. I experienced it at the ripe age of 34 or 35. Completely lost all interest in everything. Felt like I was wasting space on this great Earth. Well, I'm over it & back to loving my daily routine. Love my job & my family and look forward to the both of them each and every day!

Good Luck my friend. smile

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I turned 60 last year and I am trying to find something that interests me. I'm still working because I like the money, but am tiring of the travel involved. I often think about retiring at 62, and what my daily routine would be. I want to write a book for posterity's sake, but other than that I feel like I have succumbed to life's "rat race." I sold all my motorcycles, cancelled my plans to buy an airplane, no longer have season football tickets, and simply want an uncluttered and simple life. I can't think of any material thing that interests me any more. Is there something wrong with me, or is this just a symptom of growing old?

So get one and enjoy it. Yes, it could be a sign of aging, and it's good that you still have your mind and health to enjoy the new direction you now want to go.

I'd also most definitely get a good physical, during which have your Testosterone level checked, as that can influence what you are going through.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Scott F
I retired at 62 and have not regretted it one day. There is plenty to keep me busy without ever having to look.

I'm semi retired from one long time job, but will be busy farming cows ansd playing around with my semis till I die, I like it, and will play hell ever selling my harleys, hot rods and drag cars. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 16bore
Not ambition, but running outta give a schit for a lot of things/people....

Specially politicians, and whining so called minorities and like scum. mad

Gunner

Trump Won!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I retired at 55, and have never looked back. Have hunted in New Zealand, Africa and Spain as well as all over the USA. I try to always have a "next adventure" to look forward to.

I think that's what keeps me going.

Planing on hunting coastal brown bears in Alaska in 2014 and Cape buffalo in Mozambique in 2015, plus elk and antelope hunts in the American west.

I view every hunt as is it will be my last and just try to keep going.

Plus, I love were we live in western Pa., and have no problem getting up in the morning and trying to make "something" better.

That was pretty much the way I lived my working years, and it has served me well in retirement.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What "eyeball" and some others said.
I won't be able to retire at 62...but My two cents here for what I'd like to see in my future,some of which I do now is...
study the Bible more and deepen my relationship with Jesus
be able to spend more time with my family, although more will be gone by then and my children will have grown up
buy a boat and catch up on ALOT of fishin
hunt ALOT more
shoot ALOT more
spend time reflecting on my life...which will/would be happening in the boat and on the stand
Good luck and prayers coming your way for peace of mind

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
To me it sounds a lot like plain ol' depression. There is nothing better than strenuous exercise for treating it, imo.

BTDT.

This. The things you used to like to do will still be fun if you will just do it. I know exactly how you feel because I've been there. Depression will knock you down if you don't realize what's going on. Ken

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by 16bore
Not ambition, but running outta give a schit for a lot of things/people....

Specially politicians, and whining so called minorities and like scum. mad

Gunner

Dayom. I started to post almost exactly that earlier today. shocked

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
OrangeOkie...no grandchildren? Heck I am looking forward to spending time hunting and fishing with my grandson. Some of my best memories are being with my grandparents.

eh...

My 10 y/o grandson and our close bond is all that is keeping me here anymore. He is actually my step-grandson, but no two guys could be closer, and his dad is a son to me.

He was with me when he shot his first bird on the wing, a valley quail, and he used my dad's old shotgun to do it. He is now shooting a Savage 220 single shot 20ga, just like I hunted with at that age; he asked me to find him one, so he could be just like me.

If not for Owen I would probably vegetate until they planted me. Because of him, life is great!! laugh

[Linked Image]

I've owned about any gun I ever wanted, except for a vierling, and I've hunted and taken everything I ever wanted and exceeded that. I never became rich and missed it by inches several times, but I survive just fine.

I am sure thankful for the good people around me. I do miss the zest for new adventures, however.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kend
To me it sounds a lot like plain ol' depression. There is nothing better than strenuous exercise for treating it, imo.

BTDT.

The things you used to like to do will still be fun if you will just do it.

Just how in the heck do you force yerself to do these things when taking a shower or doing laundry or going to the grocery store or changing yer engine oil is waaaaay too much of a chore? It's a looooooong way from the couch to that garage.

The brutality of clinical depression is underrated in our society.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
If you want to be happy for a day, roast a pig.
If you want to be happy for a month, take a bride.
If you want to be happy for a year, plant a garden.

....or an orchard ? smile

Preach it , Brother !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
nope not out of ambition, but starting the planning on the next chapter of life,

looked at properties this weekend, in a little burg with no property taxes. Imagine that, your paid for place is really paid for! What a concept.

and I'll work for a long time to come, just less of it, as I enjoy working, but really looking forward to having more time for projects

and we'll probably snowbird some, low rent snowbirding, but so fortunate to have a wife that is so akin to my desires, we both like tasting the expensive stuff from time to time, but what we really crave and enjoy is the simple life.

the move will open up new hunting country for me, which I'm ready for, ain't life funny?

spent years guiding and not hunting here, have now found a honey hole in this locale that serves my needs for solitude and good hunting and all I really want to do is explore some new country!

had hobo packets of moose, potatoes, onions and carrots this weekend over an open fire with some rain falling, homemade rolls, and I just can't imagine life being any better.

still have some work to do here, before that chapter officially begins, but we may buy the house we saw with 4 bay garage this next spring or summer in anticipation of our move.

biz is good and we want to sock some more away before we go into glide mode.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't think of any material thing that interests me any more.

A few folks have kinda mentioned it, but I'll come right out and say it.

What you've realized, but need to acknowledge, is that life ain't about stuff. So losing interest in stuff isn't a bad thing. It means you're ripe for filling your life with our savior.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I can't think of any material thing that interests me any more.

A few folks have kinda mentioned it, but I'll come right out and say it.

What you've realized, but need to acknowledge, is that life ain't about stuff. So losing interest in stuff isn't a bad thing. It means you're ripe for filling your life with our savior.

Indeed!

I just sold my gorgeous Len Brownell 7mm Mashburn, and have my other high end guns on gunbroker.

OrangeOkie, if you have not done so, ask God what HE has planned and would like to do with the rest of your life! The life lived with purpose for God and others out of love for those two is a RICH life indeed and never EVER boring. Expect God to bring you to the edge of yourself and expand you and re make you into something so much bigger and better than you ever before could have imagined. THAT is the kind of thing that God does.

I highly recommend getting the book "The purpose driven life" by Rick Warren. Only a life lived for Gods designes and divine purposes is a life worth living whether one is 60 or 16.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Will be 52 in December and two of three sons will be finished with college. Son #3 is 15 and school is covered so I will work another couple of years or so and retire, downshift a gear or two and floor it. Head straight to the place in Idaho for a spell and get out and about. Life's been pretty darn good so far, knock, knock, knock, but I plan to milk it fully when I retire. So, no.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I turned 60 last year and I am trying to find something that interests me. I'm still working because I like the money, but am tiring of the travel involved. I often think about retiring at 62, and what my daily routine would be. I want to write a book for posterity's sake, but other than that I feel like I have succumbed to life's "rat race." I sold all my motorcycles, cancelled my plans to buy an airplane, no longer have season football tickets, and simply want an uncluttered and simple life. I can't think of any material thing that interests me any more. Is there something wrong with me, or is this just a symptom of growing old?

Damn man you sound like me, I will be 61 this year. Can't even get it together to want to buy a new rifle, pistol, shotgun, or telescope and selling more than I am buying of them. smile

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Safariman, I think you hit it dude, we have got so much and we always want more while all the time we have 3 things already that do the same thing. Two women are in jail today in Iran because they had bibles, every week they trot them out and tell them if they will sign a paper condemning Christianity they can go free, every week they go back into their cells. What happened to us? We live and easy life, worry about nothing and we say our lives are useless and have no ambition. Well maybe we need to think about doing something else with what time we have left..your life is not useless or meaningless unless your doing nothing with it. Forget about yourself and see if you can feel any better by helping others with your time, talent or cash.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well, it actually could be a symptom of mild depression - knowing the creeping incremental years heading to the end of life.. It can happen to any/all of us at one point or another..

I hear ya on the 'simpler' lifestyle.. I gotta get there myself. But the LAST thing I'll sell is the bike.. That's the one thing that keeps me a bit young.. smile

When I finally give up the gun business I'll find a part-time job for 2-3 days a week just to keep a little busy. I can't just not work - I've been working rather hard for well over 50 years and just cannot quit now..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

423 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 39 invisible), 2,072 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,132
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.