Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
My ambition is for my children. Presently, I have retirement and eternity scheduled simultaneously. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Something else to consider here.

Could it also be part of the equation that watching the country we grew up knowing (and loving) is being systematically taken apart and weighs on our outlook for the future. Our kids will live in a country that has no resemblance of the structure we knew.

We are all about the same age and worked for 40 to 50 years and now we see the rules are changing.

I think it is a factor that we have not admitted to ourselves. We are not leaving things better than we found them.

Just saying.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll be 53 this year.
I've gone hard all my life, hunting, fishing, motorcycle racing, hot rods, nothing was ever done in conservative fashion, balls to the wall, full throttle 24/7.

Now that I'm getting on in years I'm not really liking how I'm feeling.
All the hardware in my leg hurts more (14 screws 2 plates etc..) I find it harder to get out of bed and get going, seems work takes more out of me than it used to, but mostly I miss the time I used to spend with my little boy.
He's almost 21 now working full time and is also a volunteer firefighter.
Between that & the young women in his life Dad don't get much for leftovers as far as his time goes.
Kind of like a drug addict going cold turkey I guess.
Gonna have to adjust to time at home with just the wife too, bless her heart for sticking around while I was out gallivanting with the kid on the rivers and in the mountains, but it is going to take some getting used to the one on one thing.

Seems I'm not alone.

Proud NRA Life Member
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I think having a kid at 48 will keep things interesting. I was single for 19 years betwixt 28 and 47 and those were my 'fun' years.

I'm enjoying being at home and settled for a change.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Some great stuff mentioned here.

I retired at 52 and wore out a good Z-71 trying to hunt and fish every day for near 3 yrs. Went back to work periodically, consulting on shortish term jobs and am now on my 8th try for "retirement". Gonna make it this time and am back adding wear on another Z-71. I do miss work because I am one of those very, very fortunate folks who truly enjoyed what I did and, looking back, wouldn't change a single thing. Again I say, I'm triple blessed. G* is good.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Diesel

Could it also be part of the equation that watching the country we grew up knowing (and loving) is being systematically taken apart and weighs on our outlook for the future. Our kids will live in a country that has no resemblance of the structure we knew.

We are all about the same age and worked for 40 to 50 years and now we see the rules are changing.

I think it is a factor that we have not admitted to ourselves. We are not leaving things better than we found them.

Just saying.

Diesel - you hit the nail right on the head. I see ALL the rules I grew up believing in changing and I do not like it.
For example --- I always figured man worked his whole life and at age 65 put in for SS. Then Uncle Sam
would start sending out checks a man could live on.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Plus 1, with emphasis, on the low T/Testosterone.

Focusing on what God wants to do with your life and making that the challenge and adventure plus some testosterone supplement will, I predict, bring about the fulfilled, energetic and exciting life that we all seek and desire. The T supplement will at least make you physically strong and horny again, a great start.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I think having a kid at 48 will keep things interesting. I was single for 19 years betwixt 28 and 47 and those were my 'fun' years.

You're 47 and embarking on the "have a kid" thing?

*whew*..

,..better lay in a big supply of those 5 hour energy drinks before they go up in price again.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Yeah, I had mine at 36 and it dmn near killed me keeping up with a toddler at that age.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Hotload
Originally Posted by Diesel

Just saying.

Diesel - you hit the nail right on the head. I see ALL the rules I grew up believing in changing and I do not like it.
For example --- I always figured man worked his whole life and at age 65 put in for SS. Then Uncle Sam
would start sending out checks a man could live on.

Everybody always tellin' me I'm glum for recognizing the above.

What they don't realize is,...there's a bright side to being in my late 50's when the world is goin' to chit.

,...and that is,...it can only get so bad in the amount of time I got left.

My kids either have or are getting good educations,...and I've been planting the seed in their minds of jumping off this sinking ship when the time is right.

Of course,..they give me the "Oh dad", routine,...and I don't argue with them about it.

It's enough that they've been made aware of the option.

They're smart.

They'll get there.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe

*whew*..

,..better lay in a big supply of those 5 hour energy drinks before they go up in price again.

in 10 years his idea of playing ball will be rolling a beachball 3 feet across the grass, what fun for the kid.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by eyeball
I'd feel better if I got to do inject some P more often. whistle

A true dilema, cuz if ya takes the T you'll rreeeaaaally miss the P. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by 16bore
Not ambition, but running outta give a schit for a lot of things/people....

Specially politicians, and whining so called minorities and like scum. mad

Gunner

Dayom. I started to post almost exactly that earlier today. shocked

Gass on it Eyeball, you've the right. wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
You go Gunner. wink

Last edited by eyeball; 08/19/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Bristoe

*whew*..

I hear ya, but dad had me at 46 and I've yet to be worn down by kids or 25 years of marriage at this point.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have fun in your retirements fellas. When I get there it won't exist.......... Work my ass off to make decent money (no college) but that still just barely gets me by. Trucked my 20's away. Now working on killing my 30's in a truck. Finally have a job that I'm home every day and can make the bills. But retirement will be a thing of the past when it's my time. Retirement will be a Folgers can that my old lady chucks into the river.........

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
In a word, no. And for that I am thankful. Sorry to hear some others are.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In a word, yeah. But I had a kid at 48. And another at 51. So I have plenty of responsibility to keep me going. I hope that makes up for the lack of energy. And hope.

"Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, sixty rounds
powder and ball, and be ready to march at a minute's warning."

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Probably been said already but I didn't read the whole thread, get your testosterone level checked and your thyroid while your at it. Both easy to treat if one of thems your problem.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 08/20/13.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Dealing with a few of these issues myself as I enter the last few years of my career; 35 years in same industry, last 22 years with the same company that has been sold twice in the last 3 years.Recently got a "reassignment" (looking for younger "talent" maybe?) and replaced by a full blown moron. Still a well paying position that many people would envy. I know my 59 yr old brother would who was layed off and has been looking for almost 2 years.
No kids. Wonderful wife.
Heard this somewhere(maybe here):
�The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. �

I am trying to adjust the sails; just not sure which direction.

Last edited by Cruiser1; 08/20/13.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,259
Posts18,486,376
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.