Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Prayers are the only help I can offer but you have them.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Indeed they do! That's how I found myself in Afghanistan! laugh

I think I'd prefer the oil fields to that!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Prayers are the only help I can offer but you have them.

They are no small matter my friend. I learned from a young age that nothing of significance happens in the Kingdom of God without prayer, so it's MUCH appreciated!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
I'm ignorant

You think you ain't... grin

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
HAJ, Wifeys a COO/CFO for a major health network and oversees about 25 big hospitals and untold community clinics in a multi state area, want me to have her take a look and see what may be available?

And God Luck ta Ya Bro.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I don't have any great words of advice or job leads, just a few comments on toughing it out.

I chose to live and work in rural America and that worked great for me for about 27 years, then technology outpaced the industry I worked in, my rural technical Mecca got left in the dust.

I did the 13 month unemployment gig with 26 weeks of coverage. A guy can sure learn how to live cheap, and a good freezer helps.

I changed careers and am doing well financially today, it is just that my job absolutely sucks. I am, however, learning a much more portable skill than I had in the past. My son graduates from HS this year then I intend to test out that portability feature in an even more rural direction.

Look in to things for displaced workers wanting to continue their education.

Most of all, I just wanted to wish luck and strength to you and your family as you overcome this obstacle.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
HAJ, Wifeys a COO/CFO for a major health network and oversees about 25 big hospitals and untold community clinics in a multi state area, want me to have her take a look and see what may be available?

And God Luck ta Ya Bro.

Gunner

Ah man! That would be a tremendous help!

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Things are taking off again , but a lot of companies are reluctant to do full hires..

Consulting?

don't spew the obama bs, the guys hurting, lies will not make it better.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Joe! smile

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tough times don't last, But tough people do.

Stay strong,Keep the faith alive, be patient.

As long as you keep putting one foot in front of the other, you will get there,

I guarantee it.

You will find certain employers will prefer experience before a degree.

The College of Common Knowledge as been producing quality employees for a long time.

Ten years ago I had 4 kids in the House, I had to reinvent myself, at mid-age, in a declining economy.

It can/will be done, just stay confident in the interim.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Honestly, I wouldn't know how to market myself for that...

Start calling contacts. If they can't hook you up, ask if they know anyone who can.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500

And God Luck ta Ya Bro.

Gunner

Ah man! That would be a tremendous help!

Say Bro, PM me your particulars and specialty areas and I'll pass 'em on to Wifey, she's OOT on business but will return to the farm on Friday evening. wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
mark, check text messages

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
nothing received yet my friend...

Turdlike, by default.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by eyeball
Man, HAJ, I'm sorry to hear of this. May God be with and protect and bless you. Amen.

Same here. Have faith my friend. You willing to relocate?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My situation really makes relocation difficult. Houses here don't sell well, and I'm elbow deep in a mortgage. Unless a company can help with relocation expenses and home sales, I just don't see how I can...

That said, I'm willing, if they are able.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
HAJ, I hope you get through this ok. Remember, there's always some poor devil who's got it worse.

Last edited by R1150R; 08/21/13.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No kidding! I just saw the thread about the guy that may lose his home that he built due to a fire.... eek

Turdlike, by default.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The job I do now losses it's funding in 8 days.

I have a boy turning 13 and another turning 1 in the next two weeks.

I live in the most educated City in the Nation, and have no degree, but I do have a lot of experience.

I'm a Sr. System/Program Analyst at my current job.

If any of you know of a position of that sort, in Huntsville AL, please drop me a line.

I've submitted over 2 dozen resume's. No bites...

2 dozen is just a teeny tiny start! Send out 200 and then keep sending more!

I sure know what your feeling! I was classified as an Electrical engineer 3 with GM (now Government Motors) lol

Anyway I had no degree either but I was doing the work and doing it very well. They approached me for a position at GM until they found out I had no degree! SO I stayed with the job shop I was in (Modern Engineering)! I still designed the controls for the production lines we built aqnd supplied to them but for slightly less money than GM would have paid!

Anyway, here's a link that might help ya some while ya pull out your hair searching for descent work! http://www.glassdoor.com/index.htm

and another http://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/senior-systems-analyst-programmer-salary-SRCH_KO0,33.htm

Hope it helps some!

Last edited by MtnGreyBeard; 08/21/13.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks MGB. The hard part is finding 200 positions that I qualify for. Everyone wants a BS. I've spent days on Glassdoor, Indeed, and Monster. Good places to look though!

Turdlike, by default.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

253 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 29 invisible), 2,029 guests, and 1,061 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,746
Posts18,495,188
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.