Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Shooting a Creedmoor match. Day One was not that good. Going to have to do better tomorrow. Hot and humid - worse tomorrow.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
worked till noon, bought my son an archery target, and a complete bow setup, with camo hunting suit,all for $70.
going to try it out in the am,before it gets to `100 degrees,then go look at an outboard.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We are just sitting in a 20ft camper in my parents driveway waiting to close on our house. Supposed to have been moving in by now but you know your typical bank paperwork snafu. Maybe next week.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Elk hunting.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
cut and installed 3 20 ft. 2x6's for the upstairs deck railing cause some dumbazz dropped a tree on it a week or so ago. Said he did it so the tree wouldn't fall on the deck and damage it. (blushin)

cut stakes for the pockets on the snow machine trailer so I can haul some wood with it

aired up the trailer tires, greased the bearing buddy's on it and the boat trailer. Scooped up some wet cat litter outa the driveway from an oil spill.

dropped some more freakin cottonwood type trees (balsam poplars)

gonna try and haul some materials and a fridge to the cabin tomorrow if there's enough water in the river.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Repairing the fence that got wiped out in the flood and helping my neighbor tear out drywall that was damaged in the same flood

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Winnie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1minute
Elk hunting.

I am envious.

Was meant to go deer hunting but that might wait till the end of September when they climb down the mountains onto the ranches.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Did a little shooting this morning before it got so hot. Verified drops at 600 & 800 yards. Tonight I loaded a bunch of ammo for the 3-Gun match tomorrow morning.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by antlers
[Linked Image]
I climbed Mt. Elbert via the Northeast Ridge. I descended via the East Ridge. I then hiked a good 5 miles through the San Isabel National Forest to get back to the trailhead where my car was.

Good deal. I chase elk just across the highway.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Helped my dad and uncle haul and stack square bales from a second cutting of hay on Friday after work. Riding a desk makes hauling hay much more difficult each year. Spent Saturday mowing the five acres of yard around the house and building a gate to install between cross fences in the back pasture to make crossing the fence to pick up dead dove easier. Today will be spent digging the post holes, setting the gate and mixing and pouring concrete. Working all week at the office and running a small hobby farm means no rest on weekends during the summer.

IC B3

Winnie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My other little cousin came over last night, so this morning I let them both shoot the Marlin.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The youngest was discouraged after she shot the first time and missed. I talked her into shooting another round she she hit it just right.

She asked when we can go shoot again. smile

Oh, both ear and eye protection were used. I only had little foam ear plugs so they used those.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We're on the freeway heading home now. Just finished a NRA pistol class with the wife at the gun range. She shot very well. Had fun meeting folks and making new friends.

God I love this country.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Speaking of haying that has been the job last 4-5 days in a row.
Again early tomorrow, massive amounts of 'dryland' hay this year.

Was stuck in Chicago Friday night (I hate O'Hare airport), got into Kansas City early yesterday afternoon, met the wife and parents at Cabelas, drooled over everything I couldn't buy, ate some BBQ and headed to the parents place.

Driving the 180 miles dad commented on how much grass hay was being put up here the last week of August. Typically everything is burnt to a crisp. Grass hay is usually put up in early to mid July around here, but we got rain all summer long and the pastures are green.

Contractor buddy of mine says he doesn't know what to do, he has grass up to his cows bellies, pastures that he hasn't even had a cow on all summer, and doesn't need any more hay put up. I told him to buy more cows, he said his wife didn't like that idea.

Today was mowing the grass, and going to go change fluids and filters on the truck.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Winnie,what scope is on the Marlin?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Winnie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

It's a Simmons 4-16x40 AO that someone on the Campfire gave me for the cost of shipping.

EH76

I must have missed the invite to shoot long range with you. wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Winnie
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

It's a Simmons 4-16x40 AO that someone on the Campfire gave me for the cost of shipping.

EH76

I must have missed the invite to shoot long range with you. wink

Invite is always there Winnie...you should know that by now...

[Linked Image]

if I am still above ground you need to come kill a pronghorn when you get settled...

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Winnie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eh76

Invite is always there Winnie...you should know that by now...

[Linked Image]

if I am still above ground you need to come kill a pronghorn when you get settled...

If I find myself up north and around antelope season you have a deal, sir.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Finish packing for Alaska.
screened and bagged 15 bags of corn.
Filled 2 feeders.
Cleaned a protein feeder
(glad my cattle days are over too in this heat we are having lately... bucking hay would suck)
Shot a 4H sporting clays benefit, while trying to teach a young gal how to shoot a shotgun.
Charged feeder batteries.
Put out oats and iron claypea seeds by hand about another acre
Checked the game camera and downloaded and replaced card
Ran an EMS call for a fella that was on a 20 foot ladder painting when it snapped in half.
Blew a tire totally out on a stob in that guys pasture trying to get to his house.
Changed tire.
Found neighbor with air compressor, seems I had not checked the spare in some time
Went to best friends for BBQ
filled vehicle with fuel as it was low.
Tried to find a new tire. No luck. Small towns shut down on weekends.

This morning plowed in the acre of seed.
Went to a baby "showing" something my nephew married into a church... they screamed about Jesus for 2 hours. I had to plug my ears at times. Then ate with them. That was about 4 hours. And mostly shot to hell IMHO but I digress.
came back and put batteries back in feeders.
Worked on AK packing again.
Replaced rotted vac lines on moms truck
Cleaned her garbage out
And now about to take a briggs off a water pump on a nurse tank so when the new motor arrives it will be ready to put on again.
And measure the trailer so I can buy some pipe fittings to rig up for the fair parade for the fire department next week.

And managed to shoot my AR and a 243 to check the zero's right quick.
Only managed an hour or so nap this afternoon.

Ready to go back to work so I can get some rest again.

Will be a busy week though, have fire drill, fair washdowns, and have to wash and polish all fire trucks plus get the trailer ready on Wednesday evening for the parade Saturday.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The two on the left had never fired a gun before today.

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (1234, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 40 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,095 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,455
Posts18,529,062
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.