Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
One thing you can depend on,..

If a U.S. President lays out the conditions for what will cause America to go to war in the Middle East,...it'll happen.

He could say, "If Dairy Queen don't clean up it's act, I'm gonna nuke Yemen",...and the next Heath Bar Blizzard his kid gets will have a cockroach in it the size of your thumb.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of them czars Obama appointed is the "Pretext Czar".

Tell him what you want to do and MSNBC will push the story until he gets to do it.

Bush just had Cheney and Rumsfeld.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
From a purely Machiavellian point of view, it's far more preferable to have your enemies focused on killing each other rather than trying to kill you. From that point of view, there's nothing wrong with providing just enough material assistance to keep the secularists and radical islamists preoccupied with one another. Of course, it's far more complex than this, down to the tribal level, but the guiding principle should be the same. Should the time come when the radical islamists gain the upper hand, that would call for a different approach.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by USMCSS
One dead thug on a roadside in a neighborhood in Florida and he's on the horn instantly running his suck and dividing the american people, hundreds of children dead from the use of nerve gas that the U.S has sworn to defend against, and now not a peep? People ask me why I am so optimistic about ending my career in the Corps after nearly 10 years in a day in age like this with jobs so hard to find. Ill tell ya, I'd rather be jobless living in a dumpster eating leftovers from the bottom of a trash can than to look someone in the eye when asked and admit that this piece of muslim dog [bleep] is my commander and chief! U.S.M.C the presidents own fighting force, what a fuc*ing discrace, why on gods green earth does this coward rate to command the fiercest fighting force on the planet?

I survived 8 years of Clinton. You can survive 8 years of Obama. Suck it up Devil Dog.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Muslims killing Muslims. Blacks killing blacks. By the bushel basket no less.

Can't see a downside here...

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by gahuntertom

How do we know this is not a set up by the rebels? This is a bottomless hole & we don't heed to be involved.

This.

This is exactly what everyone I've talked to with any sense about foreign policy has been saying.

Obama [bleep] up with his "this is the red line you cannot cross" stance. He painted himself into a corner. Now, of course, he can't do [bleep] without escalating this onto the verge of WWIII.

What a [bleep] moron he is.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Bristoe
One thing you can depend on,..

If a U.S. President lays out the conditions for what will cause America to go to war in the Middle East,...it'll happen.

He could say, "If Dairy Queen don't clean up it's act, I'm gonna nuke Yemen",...and the next Heath Bar Blizzard his kid gets will have a cockroach in it the size of your thumb.

Great minds think alike, B.

And apparently, so do ours...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by 257wby
Arabs have been killing Arabs for thousands of years.....thousands of years from now they will still be killing each other.

I'm in agreement, a million arabs are not worth one US Marine.

funny how that attitude changes (not necessarily yours) when it comes to fighting them over Israel.

^

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Obama [bleep] up with his "this is the red line you cannot cross" stance. He painted himself into a corner. Now, of course, he can't do [bleep] without escalating this onto the verge of WWIII.

He is allowing WWIII to begin by proxy. We already have 1,000+ troops on the ground in Jordan waiting for the ball to go up.

It makes me wonder who is actually running the country. He's off on another bus tour, WWIII is about to start in the ME, vital services provided by federal agencies are being cut (make it hurt?) by the sequestration, Mexico is a failed state and we are supposedly going to help them secure their southern border, and the MSM is promoting a race war as fast and hard as they can go.

Just makes me shake my head and try to prepare.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Why does the U.S. always HAVE to get involved in the Middle East?

We have our own problems here to deal with. Obama can't save US, he damn sure can't save them.

They have been killing each other over there since sand was a rock.

I don't like the method or the targets, but is it really worth starting another war over? Will it solve anything to have us involved?

Make no mistake, our own government would not hesitate to use these methods of execution on those HERE that oppose them, (People like you and I, that are against him and his minions.) If he thought it would end opposition to their agenda, they would do it in a heartbeat. Getting someone to execute the orders may be a little harder for him to accomplish though.

Because someone has to be the bunny, and your clowns are the ones that keep putting their hands up for the job.
Which is really annoying as our clowns all want to go party with them every time the whistle blows.

Things would be different if the leaders were first in line.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

If anybody's going to invade Syria to put a stop to this it should be Turkey. They've got the troops, and they can damn well pay for it all themselves. It's their neighborhood.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Ed

Yep. Pretty much. Need any 5.56, Ed?

grin

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by tjm10025

If anybody's going to invade Syria to put a stop to this it should be Turkey. They've got the troops, and they can damn well pay for it all themselves. It's their neighborhood.

Ditto!

Time to ressurect the Ottoman Empire!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Ed

Yep. Pretty much. Need any 5.56, Ed?

grin

Yup. Or a good .223 load for the 80gr Nosler Competition and 80gr.Sierra MatchKings I just came across...

Time to break out the Rock River and get some drills in.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Ditto!

Time to ressurect the Ottoman Empire!

Turkey is on the fast track to do just that. They are the ONLY reason that Iran hasn't done really stupid stuff. Turkey has the support of the rest of the world and could really put the hurt on them. Turkey is playing the long game, and maneuvering itself to become the real seat of power in the ME again. Not just militarily, but politically.

Ed

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

He is allowing WWIII to begin by proxy. We already have 1,000+ troops on the ground in Jordan waiting for the ball to go up.

It makes me wonder who is actually running the country. He's off on another bus tour, WWIII is about to start in the ME, vital services provided by federal agencies are being cut (make it hurt?) by the sequestration, Mexico is a failed state and we are supposedly going to help them secure their southern border, and the MSM is promoting a race war as fast and hard as they can go.

Ed

Just glad I live where I do wink

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm not, you're too far away from here!

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Plinker
We should not be arming ANY Islamists. Instead, lets arm the Syrian Christians.

Best suggestion yet. Unfortunately, Mr. O and his consortium of decision makers are Muslims. It ain't gonna happen. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't be surprised if the revolutionaries didn't launch the chemical attack on their own people. It's been looking like Assad was winning and this could be a desperate attempt to turn that around.

We can't help either side. The revolutionaries are Islamists with Al Qaeda helping. Assad is an evil dictator.

Last edited by ConradCA; 08/23/13.

[Linked Image from ]
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
if its confirmed, the U.S. is going to do something.

I have no idea what - certainly won't be boots on the ground , and I doubt it will be arming rebels.

I'm guessing strategic airstrikes , maybe take out Assad's airforce.

McCain the nutcase is screaming for the U.S. to do something and I don't think he even knows where Syria is, much less which side is which.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 300_savage, 1badf350, 338reddog, 16 invisible), 2,006 guests, and 861 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,802
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.