-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just a bit of friendly advice Ricky, but pull at 135-138 and let it rest up to 145 under foil. If you pull at 145 it will be over 150+ in no time and you haven't gained much.

My wife and I both like our steaks rare/medium rare and I have learned to pull them at 120 and rest them for 5+ minutes covered in foil. They come out perfect every time 125-130.

Also, a Thermapen and a Maverick ET-735 are two of the best tools you can ever own to compliment your BGE, or any cooker for that matter.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always pulled at 145, I'll have to try that next time, I foiled to rest a bit anyway.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They have a ET735 out now?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow...So many great looking pieces of food! Ya killin' me!

Those bacon weaves look great, that chicken looked incredible, and I gotta try a potato bomb.

Gotta say though, I prefer my corn like you started off. Cooked with the husk on. Lots of friends cook it nekkid to put a little char on it and it just ends up chewy.

I just toss it right on the grill and it steams in the husk. Husk and silk come off lickity split and its damn near impossible to make chewy.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oop's SandBilly, I meant ET-732. It's a great tool. I mostly use it when I do low and slows along with my Bbq Guru. It helps me sleep like a baby through the night!

Mike

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Got some more time in on the Egg over the weekend. 1st up was some more Lemon Pepper Wings with several other items, but the wifey put in a request for some Portabella Mushrooms also. It was my 1st attempt at them.

The Mushrooms were about 5" in diameter. I rubbed them down with a light coating of EVOO then splashed some Italian dressing on them. I then sprinkled some shredded cheddar cheese on them. Lastly, I decided that some of my wifes fresh salsa from outta the garden would finish them off nicely ... what a great decision that was! This is my only pic but they are on the backside of the grid.

[Linked Image]

Wife said I will be making these again in the near future! grin If mommas happy ... well everyones happy!

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Had an annual neighborhood fish fry to attend today. I was looking for some type of finger food/appetizer to take along and had decided on some ABT's. I made a post earlier this week asking about them and what people had suggested. I went with the previous suggestions and they were a HIT!!! I used shrimp inside the ABT's to go with the fish theme and brought home an empty pan. I sliced the jalapenos in half and cleaned out all the seeds and deveined them. Then I placed them in ice water for about 45 minutes to try to remove as much heat as possible. Pulled them out of the water and patted them dry with a paper towel. Then I placed a single shrimp inside each half. I then spread a mixture of flavored cream cheese(onions and chives) & mexican shredded cheese on top of them. Wrapped them all with a piece of bacon & then sprinkled some of my sweeeeeet homemade bbq rub on top of them.

Here is what they looked like all fixed up & ready to be placed on the grill.
[Linked Image]

Then I prepped my Egg and settled in the temp at 225 degrees with an indirect setup. Decided to cook them low and slow to try keep from loosing as much of the cheese as possible. Figured that too much heat would boil all the cheese out of them. Here they are as I placed them on the Egg.
[Linked Image]

I cooked the ABT's at 225 for exactly 2 hours. Here they are after pulling them and preparing to go to the party.
[Linked Image]

I got lots of compliments on these and plan to try other variations in the near future! Time well spent on the Egg this weekend.
wink

Hope you enjoyed

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
This may sound like a weird question but what kinda tongs are you fellas using @ grill side? Mine broke a while back & I have stopped by several places to look at them and just can't seem to find any that I really care for. Didn't think finding a set of tongs could be difficult but the more I get into this grillin thing, the more particular I have become about certain things. Looking for something slim to fit my smaller hands but want them to have some length to them so that I can stay away from the heat better.

Where is a good place to find a set of tongs?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks much!

That looks like a great tong. smile

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought these 21" tongs from the Ceramic Grill Store. They keep your hands clear of the heat and flames especially when searing on the spider. I did disable the locking device as I found it to be a P.I.T.A.

Mike

21" Spider Tongs

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mike they look to be the same ones

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree. Same tongs right down to that stupid lock thing. A pair of side cutters took care of that thing in a hurry. Other than that they are really nice tongs for the price. I've had mine for four years and they're still going strong.

Mike

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Guess I might just have to order some, instead of getting them locally. I posted this same question over on the Egghead forum and have gotten some good responses also.

Never hurts to ask.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I found a set of tongs/spatula on clearance a while ago at a Big 5 made by, I believe, Gerber.

Awesome, heavy duty stuff. That spatula weighs over pound and is serrated on one side. Lifts, cuts, flips, and in a bind...would split the skull of anything short of a horse.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I found a set of tongs/spatula on clearance a while ago at a Big 5 made by, I believe, Gerber.

Awesome, heavy duty stuff. That spatula weighs over pound and is serrated on one side. Lifts, cuts, flips, and in a bind...would split the skull of anything short of a horse.

My luck, I'd drop those while wearing my flip flops and they'd sever my big toe right off resulting in a trip to the emergency room! shocked

I'd like to keep my Egging safe as possible. Don't want the wife banning me from the Egg.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ahh come on. You ain't do'in it right if ya don't have to make an occasional trip to the Emergicare! eek

Mike

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
That was a grillin accident?

... I'd love to hear it.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Guys buy all your stuff from a restautant supply house and look for the NSF markings. Don't care what anyone says I have 20 year old stuff from these markings and suppliers that still survive.

If you have a competition or company name most will give you a discount.

They are called smallwares and they last.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
That was a grillin accident?

Well kind of. I was getting ready to grill burgers on my birthday back in 2011. I had been at my local watering hole and my buddies bought me several shots and Crown and waters. I decided my chef's knife needed touched up a bit before slicing a red onion and I pulled it right across my finger clear to the bone.

DO NOT mix Wusthoff knives and Jagermeister!!

Mike

Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (257Bob, 1936M71, 163bc, 160user, 2500HD, 257 roberts, 62 invisible), 11,791 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,263
Posts18,544,762
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.