Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Jcubed
If we weren't committed to winning wars in the modern era...who really thinks we will be committed to winning this one?

For sure.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by eyeball
This is also looking more and more like a situation in which Putin and others wish to take on a gutless POS before we get someone with balls in office.

I don't see why he would.

I think Putin,..along with the rest of the would,..would be happy if the maniacs who control the American government just stopped fuggin' up the world.

I'm not that demanding, however.

I'd be happy if the American government just stopped fuggin' up America.

Amen.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Bristoe

I'm fearful that for the US Congress to even remotely comprehend the significance of that article...the Good Lord Himself would have to descend and enlighten them!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by RMulhern

Bristoe

I'm fearful that for the US Congress to even remotely comprehend the significance of that article...the Good Lord Himself would have to descend and enlighten them!!

The U.S. Congress doesn't care about anything except keeping their masters happy.

The American people aren't their masters.

We're just along for the ride.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who we are??? So where were the scum like Kerry and McLame when the Kmer Rouge wers slaughtering hundreds of thousands of innocent Cambodes?? Rwanda??? How about when Saddam used nerve gas to murder the poor Kurds in HIS [bleep] up country?? I never heard a word from ANY of them. Kerrys finest hour will be when someone holds his face into a spinning propeller of a speedboat. I wouldn't follow him or obamba on a trip to a first class whorehouse.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
In addition where were we when 100,000 civilians were killed in Syria in the last 2 years. Dead is dead, no matter how.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by eyeball
This is also looking more and more like a situation in which Putin and others wish to take on a gutless POS before we get someone with balls in office.

I don't see why he would.

I think Putin,..along with the rest of the would,..would be happy if the maniacs who control the American government just stopped fuggin' up the world.

I'm not that demanding, however.

I'd be happy if the American government just stopped fuggin' up America.

Amen.

I think this is another attempt by zero to fug us up.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
And you were expecting?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by isaac
Sure, babies and innocent children being gassed.

We're talkin' about Syria, not Waco............ try and keep up.
rof

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by okok
Originally Posted by deflave
[bleep] Syria, [bleep] Kerry, and [bleep] anybody stupid enough to enter the world stage and not choose their words.

Travis

This.
Summed up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyD
Obama's been wrong in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt, Libya, Israel, and that's just the short list.

Now some with no memory of any of that think he could possibly be right in Syria?

Nonsense from those with no sense.

I think ricky has pretty much summed it up. The administration has zero credibility, and has an abysmal track record of 'getting it right' on ANY issue, let alone foreign policy and diplomacy.

I have to keep saying that Obama has never done anything in the middle east that actually promoted America's best interests.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
grin Classic!

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by RickyD
Obama's been wrong in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt, Libya, Israel, and that's just the short list.

Now some with no memory of any of that think he could possibly be right in Syria?

Nonsense from those with no sense.

I think ricky has pretty much summed it up. The administration has zero credibility, and has an abysmal track record of 'getting it right' on ANY issue, let alone foreign policy and diplomacy.

I have to keep saying that Obama has never done anything in the middle east that actually promoted America's best interests.
Thinking about getting in another war when we are broke is insane. Iraq and Afghanistan should have been taken over and just run as economic colonies with the money going directly on our debt for the next thousand years or whatever it takes to pay us back for all the money we spent warring with them. But instead our children go over there and fight and die to make it safe for the big boys to make even more money and our treasury is even further depleted. Anybody that wants us to go is either a [bleep] moron or in the employ of those seeking further loot. Let Syria burn.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remember this?

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jun/13/world/la-fg-missing-billions-20110613

Missing Iraq money may have been stolen, auditors say

Reporting from Washington � After the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in March 2003, the George W. Bush administration flooded the conquered country with so much cash to pay for reconstruction and other projects in the first year that a new unit of measurement was born.

Pentagon officials determined that one giant C-130 Hercules cargo plane could carry $2.4 billion in shrink-wrapped bricks of $100 bills. They sent an initial full planeload of cash, followed by 20 other flights to Iraq by May 2004 in a $12-billion haul that U.S. officials believe to be the biggest international cash airlift of all time.

This month, the Pentagon and the Iraqi government are finally closing the books on the program that handled all those Benjamins. But despite years of audits and investigations, U.S. Defense officials still cannot say what happened to $6.6 billion in cash � enough to run the Los Angeles Unified School District or the Chicago Public Schools for a year, among many other things.

For the first time, federal auditors are suggesting that some or all of the cash may have been stolen, not just mislaid in an accounting error. Stuart Bowen, special inspector general for Iraq reconstruction, an office created by Congress, said the missing $6.6 billion may be "the largest theft of funds in national history."
--------------------------------

FedGov is broke AND incompetent, any U.S. involvement in Syria will likely involve similar tales of fiscal tomfoolery.

Obama has already pissed away billion$ in Egypt that we know of, his half-brother is involved in investing/finance for the Muslim Brotherhood. I say he's setting up Barry Obama for a huge payoff when he leaves the White House, courtesy of the American taxpayer.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's 6 billion amongst friends. crazy

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
These stupid "limited strikes/engagements" have never worked. I gota agree with Ethan on this one. If we go in we have to take the place over, kill everybody we don't like and start again. This isn't going to happen, so why fool with it? How many more American lives are we willing to give up to try and save a people who don't want us to save them? I'm not willing to put anymore soldiers in harms way for some half-assed attempt to pick a side in a civil war we have no friends on either side of.
America has the mightiest fighting force the world has ever seen, but we have a bumbling idiot as our commander and chief. Why anybody would want to enter a conflict with this guy incharge is beyond me.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It really is about who we are.

We are idiots who....

Tried to defoliate Vietnam so our weapons designed for use in the Folda Gap could be more effective.

Let Sadam use CBW TWICE on Iranian troops and his own people w/o a response.

Tisked, tisked, over a previous use in Syria.

Turned a blind eye on reported use in Chechnya.

Are now opting for a toothless response stressing constraints on an already forewarned strike with limited assets under highly restrictive ROEs against a regime which, forewarned, has already hidden its most important assets and stock-piled films of dead kids we will cause.

You know you are on the wrong track when the French back you.

What did the US get out of its intervention in Bosnia? The undying gratitude of 'Islamisists' worldwide? Out of eventually chasing Sadam out?

1B

Last edited by 1B; 09/05/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know very little about this particular situation because it is just more invented drama that goes on while our treasury is raped and robbed and we Americans sit around watching Football. All I know is we are way beyond just "out of money" and wars cost money. I also know that the last two have done very little other than cost us money and even more importantly, cost us people. I can't believe a regular poster here is even suggesting this. There are some assclowns and trolls, but a regular? The whole thing is beyond any consideration by anybody who is serious about having a decent country.

Page 5 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

366 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,180 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,452
Posts18,528,948
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.