I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by isaac
To view things as subjectively as you are, is inherently wrong.
=======

Subjectively is the norm. It has to be. It always has been.

Bullschit. Subjectivity is the path to being a pussy.

Travis

======

Actually, it's just the opposite. Hang in there, though.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So who do we kill? What if Assad has not used them? Do we hit the rebels? Both?
=========

For about the 6th time now, those in possession or control of the chemical weapon arsenals.

That would include the United States. At least the pilots don't have to fly far.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
How would the possession or control question ever get sorted out?

From the reading I have been doing sounds like Shreck is exactly correct about it takes an extremely hot fire under controled conditions to destroy chemical weapons....

This vile "human insecticide" is reported to be stored in many many different locations.... Mostly in or near population centers.... Lobbing in bombs where we think it might be could result in God only knows how many deaths down wind from the impact locations.....

Oh, please don't bring reality into the picture. We're too busy being a nation of women.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
=========

For about the 6th time now, those in possession or control of the chemical weapon arsenals.

Who is in possession of them, where are they keeping them?

We have poor intel on this situation, there is confusion over who released the freaking gas unless you believe Obama.

Obama's bullschit posturing over Snowden and gay rights in Russia have all but guaranteed that the Russians will back Syria if we strike them.

My question would be why are we bombing, who are we bombing and what are we bombing in this limited strike, and what will it accomplish.

Not whoever they are or whereever they are...

Should we really be cheer leading for an incompetent President to go bomb someone when we can't even answer the question of who?

Last edited by heavywalker; 09/05/13.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
To view things as subjectively as you are, is inherently wrong.
=======

Subjectively is the norm. It has to be. It always has been.

Bullschit. Subjectivity is the path to being a pussy.

Travis

======

Actually, it's just the opposite. Hang in there, though.

Objectivity is the key to happiness. Unless your vagina is dragging on the floor...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's football season so I don't give a schit,

Nuke the place and lets get back to Beat The Penguin.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by shreck
=========

That would include the United States. At least the pilots don't have to fly far.

======

Really shreck?? Stay on topic.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From the reading I have been doing sounds like Shreck is exactly correct about it takes an extremely hot fire under controled conditions to destroy chemical weapons....

We usta just dump them in the sea. eek

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We don't know where they are. Of course, we will be told where they are.

And we will be told that we destroyed them.

Just where they were and just HOW we located and destroyed them will, of course, remain classified.

There will, of course, be pictures of dead children we killed with our missiles and bombs.

We will claim they are faked, but pay reparations anyway.

But we will be told to consider how many more little children will be spared another deadly gas attack because we, by God, did the noble thing and bombed SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE in Syria.

THAT's the best case scenario.

The reality will likely be much worse.

As soon as learn to spell "isolationist", I'm gonna sign up to be one.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shreck
=========

======

Really shreck?? Stay on topic.

OK, Russia, North Korea? Sir, both sides in this civil war have gas. Both sides. And you just don't blow them up, even unmixed binary components as they are you will still disperse lots of unpleasantness. Unless you nuke them but that causes other problems. YOU JUST CAN'T BOMB THEM.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sure we know where they are,

They're in deflave's trailer.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was just about to ask that question Shreck but could not figure out, which of the 200 Syria threads to ask it in.

Thanks---

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Obama, his Admin., and his lapdogs would have the American people believe they know little to nothing of what happened before, during, and after Benghazi.

Yet now they expect us to believe that he/they know EXACTLY what happened in Syria.... gmafb.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
I was just about to ask that question but could not figure out, which of the 200 Syria threads to ask it in.

Thanks---

I hear ya, wish there was a way to co-mingle several threads on the same topic into one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Geez,

Some here are panicking like 3rd grade school girls about sending a few cruise missiles over to a schit hole in the Middle East.

It ain't that big of a deal...

It won't start WWIII, as a matter of fact, it won't do much of anything.

So we can quit working ourselves into a lather about it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Obama, his Admin., and his lapdogs would have the American people believe they know little to nothing of what happened before, during, and after Benghazi.

Yet now they expect us to believe that he/they know EXACTLY what happened in Syria.... gmafb.

A-[bleep]-men

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Sure we know where they are,

They're in deflave's trailer.

Different gas, more deadly than sarin and tabun combined.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by curdog4570
We don't know where they are. Of course, we will be told where they are.

And we will be told that we destroyed them.

Just where they were and just HOW we located and destroyed them will, of course, remain classified.

There will, of course, be pictures of dead children we killed with our missiles and bombs.

We will claim they are faked, but pay reparations anyway.

But we will be told to consider how many more little children will be spared another deadly gas attack because we, by God, did the noble thing and bombed SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE in Syria.

THAT's the best case scenario.

The reality will likely be much worse.

As soon as learn to spell "isolationist", I'm gonna sign up to be one.

It'll assuage American guilt and bad feelings for the children. Just like Obamacare, but more bombs and quicker, less painful deaths.

We just gotta do SOMETHING!

Honestly all hyperbole aside I agree with Bob completely in his concern for the disgustingly inhumane nature of these weapons and the even more appalling lack of respect for human life exhibited by those who are holding them. I don't believe that there is one poster in this thread who doesn't.

The immediate problem for me is two-fold:

1) these "limited" strikes ALWAYS exceed limitations, dragging us into broader conflict even under "good" leadership in DC. Complicated problems aren't solved by simple answers, as Shrek as pointed out

2) the sitting Pres couldn't properly extricate his head from his a$$ with a map and his cabinet to help him. There is no possible way that he could get this right even if Assad stood in the town square of Damascus surrounded by tanker trucks full of the stuff.

This is a recipe for disaster no matter what. Better someone else's children die than mine, cuz plenty are gonna die no matter what.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You best just worry about the GA-SC pick.:)

But I'm with Shreck in that it seems to me if you blow up the gas locations then you release all of it and then who knows how many are killed. I'm also a little disturbed by the possibility of awakening a sleeping giant on our own soil. You have to believe it's already here.

If the Saudi's are willing to pay for it then let them fire the shot. They have the technology. Time to stop being the world's help desk.

Hell they wanted us to outsource jobs to them so here's a big one.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Page 16 of 26 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (222Sako, 10gaugeman, 224th, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 59 invisible), 2,609 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,396
Posts18,527,874
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.