Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Last week I needed to get 10k out of Chase Bank, they look at you like you're crazy (debatable) smile All sorts of delays, then about 25 minutes later I get it. mad

It's never a problem or delay when I deposit a large sum...rant off

Just give me my money NOW DAMNIT! I hate banks.

Last edited by okok; 09/09/13.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
......because nobody uses cash, soon they will just implant a chip in your temple and your balance will show up as a faint tattoo.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by okok
Last week I needed to get 10k out of Chase Bank, they look at you like you're crazy (debatable) smile All sorts of delays, then about 25 minutes later I get it. mad

Well, of COURSE.. Similar to insurance companies - they'll take them premiums with the speed of an SR-71 but when you have a CLAIM you can figure the speed of frozen molasses oozing uphill getting the check..

LOL... Could it be part of the problem is that Chase is a large, "you're just a number" bank??

I deal only with my small-town bank where the people have known me for over 40 years... I can get bux inside of 2 minutes if I need it..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Dillinger never had much of a problem. laugh

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Swap to a Credit Union. You wont have that problem.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think anything over $10,000 has to clear with the Federal Reserve. They probably had to call the Feds to get clearance to give you that much cash. Also, banks are required to keep a certain amount of cash in reserve, a percentage of what they show on paper.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Isn't there some threshold amount for cash movement where Federales get notified?

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Probably because unless you are rounding up, they reported you. Anytime you take $10k or more out of the bank, the report you to the Feds. Another result of the War on Drugs. It's not illegal and I have no idea what the Feds do with the info, but that's how it is. The bankers won't even talk to you about it. If you do other certain things I'm sure mandatory reporting is done as well. Stuff like a lot of big, but not $10k, withdrawls in a certain time period. Again, who knows as the bank employees supposedly can get in trouble for just telling people. Also they are supposed to report you anytime they have suspicions. I despise my bank and have told them how it is many times for stuff unrelated to this. Just imagine the potential for reporting somebody like me whom they don't like. So even keeping the withdrawls somewhat under $10k is not assurance you won't be reported. It's better than just withdrawing the 10 grand and insuring that you will be though.

But even leaving that out of it, what you say is absolutely true. The [bleep] have all sorts of rules like not giving you over a thousand at the drive up window after the rest of the bank is closed. Money not available yet after you just made a deposit. Etc. They sukk and swallow.

A few years back I was gonna open another account and I looked into it. I was gtg with all the info they'd said I needed and the money ready, etc. I go into the bank after having talked with the Vice President and some [bleep] teller informs me that I need my Social Security Card. [bleep], I didn't even know where it was as I got an old original cardboard one that isn't laminated. I got pretty hostile because her boss told me I didn't need that. The President was there and he backed her up. I checked around at other banks and they were lying or stupid. My vote is on lying. They agreed to let me start my account without giving them a copy of my card. I told them to stick their account up their ass because them lying to me wasn't a good way to begin a business relationship. MOFOS!

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Swap to a Credit Union. You wont have that problem.

Last edited by okok; 09/09/13.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Were it not you and they handed out your money without any delay or questions how woud you feel then? 1/2 hour of my time is worth $10,000.00 of MY Money.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
My credit union hasn't defined what they consider a large withdrawal, but they ask for 48 hour notice for large withdrawals so they can have cash on hand.

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
I think anything over $10,000 has to clear with the Federal Reserve. They probably had to call the Feds to get clearance to give you that much cash. Also, banks are required to keep a certain amount of cash in reserve, a percentage of what they show on paper.

Even when withdrawing 5k...same hoops to jump thru.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Redneck
Could it be part of the problem is that Chase is a large, "you're just a number" bank??

I deal only with my small-town bank where the people have known me for over 40 years... I can get bux inside of 2 minutes if I need it..

I doubt it. I've dealt with small town banks and mostly they suck as hard as the big ones if not harder. As I said previously, I HATE my bank. Recently it just sold again so I figure things will get worse. Fortunately I've got a couple of other accounts in banks that appear to be nearly as worthless, so you can always go try another if one refuses to give you your own money because of some arbitrary rule they've made up to favor their own interests.

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Probably because unless you are rounding up, they reported you. Anytime you take $10k or more out of the bank, the report you to the Feds. Another result of the War on Drugs. It's not illegal and I have no idea what the Feds do with the info, but that's how it is. The bankers won't even talk to you about it. If you do other certain things I'm sure mandatory reporting is done as well. Stuff like a lot of big, but not $10k, withdrawls in a certain time period. Again, who knows as the bank employees supposedly can get in trouble for just telling people. Also they are supposed to report you anytime they have suspicions. I despise my bank and have told them how it is many times for stuff unrelated to this. Just imagine the potential for reporting somebody like me whom they don't like. So even keeping the withdrawls somewhat under $10k is not assurance you won't be reported. It's better than just withdrawing the 10 grand and insuring that you will be though.

But even leaving that out of it, what you say is absolutely true. The [bleep] have all sorts of rules like not giving you over a thousand at the drive up window after the rest of the bank is closed. Money not available yet after you just made a deposit. Etc. They sukk and swallow.

A few years back I was gonna open another account and I looked into it. I was gtg with all the info they'd said I needed and the money ready, etc. I go into the bank after having talked with the Vice President and some [bleep] teller informs me that I need my Social Security Card. [bleep], I didn't even know where it was as I got an old original cardboard one that isn't laminated. I got pretty hostile because her boss told me I didn't need that. The President was there and he backed her up. I checked around at other banks and they were lying or stupid. My vote is on lying. They agreed to let me start my account without giving them a copy of my card. I told them to stick their account up their ass because them lying to me wasn't a good way to begin a business relationship. MOFOS!

I've had that same problem at the drive thru too. PIA!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I had to sign a form, which included my SS number, when I asked to get $50 (FIFTY dollars) in Canadian money out of a local bank last year.

I guess the Feds think I'm going to upset the global currency exchanges by withdrawing 50 bucks in foreign money.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by websterparish47
My credit union hasn't defined what they consider a large withdrawal, but they ask for 48 hour notice for large withdrawals so they can have cash on hand.

I can maybe see if it's a small town and CU,but this Chase is within 20 miles radius of 2 million people or so.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Seems logical that if the government reads your emails, listen in on all your calls, their most certainly going to keep track of your banking transactions.They used to ask me for a copy of my drivers license each time I withdrew over $5000. cash. Had enough told them they could keep one on file with grumpy ole bas-written on it. Advised them I wanted a copy of the bank presidents license each time I deposited money. They no longer ask! smile GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

It's because the banks aren't holding any money.... They gotta call around and scrounge the cash.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I think you're probably right.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,169
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.