Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I looked far down the standings list and saw your name, bro'!

What you put on your smoker gets more of my attention.

We really need a special "side thread" so we don't get compelled to play along with the rookie hobbyists.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh my! Just one win (point) back after a terrible 4-6 pick week. What does that say for pickers like JM? You should be at least 5 up on me. Laffin!

About to put the heat back on so get ready. Also gonna' win that sling just to really rub it in. cool

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get your picks in Ladies,..game tonight.!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
Oh my! Just one win (point) back after a terrible 4-6 pick week. What does that say for pickers like JM? You should be at least 5 up on me. Laffin!

About to put the heat back on so get ready. Also gonna' win that sling just to really rub it in. cool

I went 5-5 on week 2. LOL. Historically, I start working my way to the top around week 5-6, when it ceases being a guessing game and my amazing skills of analysis can be better utilized.

grin

This is going to be a tricky one. We've had some tough matchups the last 2 weeks and this one will be no different.

Will is doing an excellent job of picking games.

p.s You and Bob scared to try to win a new sling? I see you homo's have not made a prediction on tonight's game.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
In about 20 seconds,when I'm done, I'll let your girlfriend tell you who I picked for tonight.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Hi Dee...I'll be home later,babe. I'm pretty exhausted though and my jaw is out of alignment.

Bob is taking Clemson.

Love you.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Up to 20 seconds now Bob?

That's an improvement!

Looks like you earned the nickname "shorty" twice.

LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ya'll don't listen to him.

I sent her up there because at this late stage of his life, Bob decided he wants to learn how to read.

The only thing that boy is handling is flash cards.

And trying to decide if he should tie his dick up or down. grin

TDC Online Content
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
It is going to be an underdog week. Go 'eers!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
She makes the most adorable gurgle noises.

William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Keep feeding her saurkraut and beans.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
She makes the most adorable gurgle noises.

That's you Bob...

Attempting to sound out vowels. LOL

She says you should be reading your first word in time for Christmas.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Laffin'...

NC St.

William Arthur Ward

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Did he finally figure it out. I mean geeze there is more than one school with a football team in NC.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It actually takes a village for some,David.

I'm thinking 7-3 again, if I'm lucky.

William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Dee must be stuck trying to figure out one of those IHOP crossword puzzles.

William Arthur Ward

Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
WVU "might" overlook Maryland for next weeks opponent,..Oklahoma State University...
or

WVU might beat the snot out of Maryland....

They might. WVU doesn't seem to have the emotional maturity under Holgersen that I like to see. Maryland despises WVU, believe me when I tell you there is nobody on the schedule they would rather beat.

But there is reason for optimism as well: WVU ~might~ have found its new QB. I figured Childress to begin the season as starter but it took a few games. He might be the difference in this game but he is still a freshman on the road early in the year. Might take the road dog on this one.

Right now I'm leaning Boise on the road and BYU at home. K-State and Texas is like walking up to a stick of dynamite with a fizzled fuse... you keep wondering if the thing is going to go off on you. Can Texas actually be this bad? I guess we'll see. Might take K-State just to see what it looks like. smile

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Penguin
Can Texas actually be this bad? I guess we'll see.
Will

Yes, they can. I'm in Austin all this week and have been amusing myself reading the "fire Mack" or even "burn Mack at the stake" stuff in local media. They've got the scaffold already built and the rope ready for the next loss.

I'm convinced he's holding goat pictures of the UT president and AD to have held on this long.

He is still much hated in NO for the way he handled his departure to NC from Tulane back in the late 80s.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I doubt he finishes out the season.

They're probably rounding up the money to buy his contract out which supposedly runs through 2020.

That was damn smart of them...

Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I can imagine that well Steve. No one likes losing and certainly not a blue chip laden state like Texas with a history like they have.

Maybe some of the problem is that their recruits aren't as good as they imagine? Or that they aren't implementing a system that uses that talent well? Or that the coaching staff is complacent and ineffective?

Could be. But I have to believe that a good part of it started years ago and it was when they turned away from dominating at the point of attack. Otherwordly quarterbacking by Vince Young only encouraged it. Pass, pass, pass... bah.

If I were in charge of Texas football my first order of business would be to hire Bob Bostad and put him in charge of all things offensive lineman regardless of cost. And then I would bring in the biggest meanest most physical o-linemen I could lay hands on and I would put them to work. And then I'd start doing the same with other positions and their coaches. I'd make Texas the most physical team in CFB.

Mack may have gotten soft but their biggest problem is that his teams are soft.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 163bc, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,746 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,426
Posts18,528,423
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.