Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Sleepin' in is a thing of days gone by.

6 hours is a good night for me.

My sleep pattern has got worse with age and retirement. I can't remember the last time I slept more than 4 hours straight through. Falling asleep is much easier for me now but my problem is I generally wake up at least two or three times a night.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe a couple ounces of fine alcohol?

Fortunately, I'm one of those that can barely remember the head hitting the pillow.

1Minute
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am only 43 but like some said here 6 hours is alot for me, I started taking clonespam (restless leg syndrome) and now I get about 6-8 hours of good sleep melatonin works some also

the liqour, the less I drink the better I sleep, but I am my own demon :-)

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have an odd sleep routine. If I wake up 3-4 times a night I get a better night sleep than if I sleep thru the night. I think it's because I get more REM sleep. I'll wake up at 1 am and think, "What the hell was that dream all about", take a sip of water and go right back to sleep. Wake again at 3am. Then 5am.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
sundays are the worst for me. last night was toss & turn til 12 and up at 5:30 feeling like crap. i just need to retire so i can sleep when i'm tired and get up when i can't sleep.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You've discovered one of the challenges of living up to five decades + years on this 'ol globe. i'm with you completely; But wait, it only gets better (worse) for those whom God challenges further.

The treasures that await are more insomnia, aches & pains at best, cancer, weakness, feebleness, incontinence, one or more of a vast array of sundry physical ineptitudes, more soiling of your clothes, etc., and finally, dependence on a 17 y/o candy striper to hand you the bed pan. Unless of course you die first.

But, wait. The glass is half full. The nursing home is on the horizon unless of course, as mentioned, you punch out earlier--the only alternative. But, there is another "way to look at all of this".

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Dang, I am the exact opposite....am 53 and sleep TOO MUCH!!! 12 hours on a weekend day is not out of the ordinary for me. I wish ta hell I COULD get up early on a Saturday or Sunday!! wink

Ken
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

The treasures that await are more insomnia, aches & pains at best, cancer, weakness, feebleness, incontinence, one or more of a vast array of sundry physical ineptitudes, more soiling of your clothes, etc.,

I've had all of the above except chittin' my britches.

zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I'm 57 as well. Sleep is easy for me . Maybe Dr. subscribed sleeping pills will work for you or here in BC a doobie will make you sleep like a baby and what ever pain you have is forgotten.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
They lock ya up for havin' a doobie these days.

Last time I was in jail I didn't sleep worth a chit.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

No kidding Bristoe! I am lucky if I make it til 4 am

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They lock ya up for havin' a doobie these days.

Last time I was in jail I didn't sleep worth a chit.

Not a problem here, good for what ails you. Police don't much care about doobies. it will be legal soon and there is no real penalty now.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am the ripe age of 36 & know what you mean. I can't get a full nights sleep if I tried. Things on my mind constantly! Got a lot to do with my work I think ... plus I lived with my grandpa for over 10 years until he passed at 95 & I learned to live by his habits @ a young age. Nothing wrong with it really cause I put myself to sleep at a good time every evening. Just wish sometimes I could sleep in like the wife & boy do!

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

B, I'm an insomniac too. Check with you family doc for a "sleeper" if it's bad enough. Yes, it's not unusual for us 'ol goats; perfectly normal while at the same time a PITA when work looms at daybreak.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

That's been the story for me for a while now, too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You've discovered one of the challenges of living up to five decades + years on this 'ol globe. i'm with you completely; But wait, it only gets better (worse) for those whom God challenges further.

The treasures that await are more insomnia, aches & pains at best, cancer, weakness, feebleness, incontinence, one or more of a vast array of sundry physical ineptitudes, more soiling of your clothes, etc., and finally, dependence on a 17 y/o candy striper to hand you the bed pan. Unless of course you die first.

But, wait. The glass is half full. The nursing home is on the horizon unless of course, as mentioned, you punch out earlier--the only alternative. But, there is another "way to look at all of this".

George...I'll go pick a fight with a grizzly bear before that happens.....

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

After 50, alcohol can inhibit sleep in some people, according to my wife, a nurse.

Of course, she could be conning me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76

If you lose, you will be a an 'ol cripple (or worse) in a nursing home ; if you win, you will be an 'ol cripple (or worse) in a nursing home. cry grin

T
tjk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Have you ever been checked out for sleep apnea? It's a syndrome where you periodically stop breathing for short periods while asleep. Even if you stop breathing for short periods, 30-45 seconds; if it happens frequently your body is fighting to get its oxygen level back to normal. You often wake suddenly and can wake several times during the night; because you don't get a good night's sleep you often feel tired throughout the day. Can be much more serious than a bad night's sleep, moreso if it's a common occurrance.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eh76

If you lose, you will be a an 'ol cripple (or worse) in a nursing home ; if you win, you will be an 'ol cripple (or worse) in a nursing home. cry grin

If I lose I will be et by a bear and schit off a cliff..if I win I will be et by a bear and schit off a cliff

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 57 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.