Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by walt501
You all realize that internet tales of what is in the shop and what isn't are not verifiable and even if they were you're looking at a sample of a couple of machines that statistically is meaningless as far as brand reliability.

How about this. Why don't you all start acting like Americans instead of some import loving fools? You think you got a "reliable machine", when the reality is you sent your money overseas to help someone in a far off land while turning your backs on your fellow Americans. And then you come on here and crow about it? Fool.

I don't like sending my money overseas less than breaking down 30 miles from my truck. Honda makes a great machine and I hate spending the night in the forest unexpectedly.
You sound like someone who either works at Polaris or is loyal to familiy and friends that do, not someone who rides and is objective in his opinion.
In my book, there's something wrong with your testimony.

LOL

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
You all realize that internet tales of what is in the shop and what isn't are not verifiable and even if they were you're looking at a sample of a couple of machines that statistically is meaningless as far as brand reliability.

How about this. Why don't you all start acting like Americans instead of some import loving fools? You think you got a "reliable machine", when the reality is you sent your money overseas to help someone in a far off land while turning your backs on your fellow Americans. And then you come on here and crow about it? Fool.

I don't like sending my money overseas less than breaking down 30 miles from my truck. Honda makes a great machine and I hate spending the night in the forest unexpectedly.
You sound like someone who either works at Polaris or is loyal to familiy and friends that do, not someone who rides and is objective in his opinion.
In my book, there's something wrong with your testimony.

its a great model

you buy poorly built stuff by Americans, and in turn it doesn't last as long, so you have to buy another one sooner, thus keeping them employed. You're a patriot!

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I never went through a whole tank of gas without having to take my 96 Polaris 400 to the shop for work. They never did figure out what the problem was with it. My brother has the same model with a serial # only a couple of numbers off from mine and he seldom has any problems at all. It is still going strong.

About 5 years ago a thief cut the chain on gate to our property and the chain to my Polaris. They stole my Polaris 400, my sons Honda and a trailer. My brothers Polaris was parked right next to mine and they left it. I couldn't have wished anything worse on a thief than that Polaris 400.

Harry
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I was in the market for an ATV last year, I visited a local dealer that sold Hondas and used to sell Polaris alongside the Hondas.

He told me that he recently stopped selling Polaris because they had too many problems and he was receiving too much negative feedback from angry customers, thereby putting his business' good name in jeopardy.

According to the owner of the shop, the Polaris machines hade a 42% return rate for warranty repairs. The Hondas had less than 1% warranty work over the same time period.

I bought a Yamaha....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
7 pages and no one said buy a king quad and just ride??/ what gives here???....Suzuki! �First on 4 Wheels� .

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by atvalaska
7 pages and no one said buy a king quad and just ride??/ what gives here???....Suzuki! �First on 4 Wheels� .

See the above Suzuki buried in the snow.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a Yamaha Rhino that probably cost me double what I originally paid for it in repairs. Walked out more than once with that pos staying right where it crapped out. Come back n tow it out a day or 2 later and back in the shop it would go. I did a good bit of research before buying a Polaris XP 900. I love it so far and the fact that I spent the money on an American product is a bonus. I've had several Hondas and still have an 02 that I use regularly for hunting n work. I also have a 05 Polaris Sportsman 700. Both have their ups and downs but overall are solid machines. I have not seen much difference between them as far as down time or repairs. Regular maintenance n they do what they are supposed to. 163bc

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Have an '06 700 EFI Sportsman that has been rode and worked hard around the farm and on hunting trips, only maintenance and a RR boot so far.

It handily hauls drunk 'Fire members back to their respective barracks as well. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by arkypete
I'm feeling my age I saw that your Polaris was in the shop and my first thought was 'I wonder where they can find parts for that old car?'
I think it was Dodge/Plymouth who made the Polaris.

Jim

Yes Jim,
.. Yes it was. 1981 with a 1968 Polara, 383.. best muscle car I ever owned.

Last edited by DaveDaDeerslayer; 09/25/13.

Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want a war let it begin here.

Captain John Parker, commander of the militiamen at Lexington, Massachusetts, on sighting British Troops (attributed), April 19, 1775
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you ride one into a lake it'll sink too.

IC B3

K
kend Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
I got it back today and feel lucky it only cost me $198. Mechanic did several things and isn't sure which was the fix, but I'm happy. I don't know if it's because it's hunting season here or what, but the repair shop was almost void of ATV's in for repair. Deer camp tomorrow. Ken

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

...... they don't come with a good driver ...u earn that! 800 rmk is for snow smile

Last edited by atvalaska; 09/25/13.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smarquez
If it's got tires or tits, you're gonna have problems with it.

Spoken from experience.

Ask me how I know blush Well about one of them at least; I buy Jap cars to support american workers

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by badger
Originally Posted by badger

GFY.

Proving, once again, that rolling the genetic dice with one's cousin is never a good idea.

Pray tell. Your stupidity is breathtaking, as is your misguided opinion. The numerous times that I've towed broken Rangers back to camp, and the equally numerous times I've spent working on them to try and get them mobile again, sometimes on my back in the mud, is no internet tale. Hard to be ra-ra-ra over a POS, and many Polaris owners will tell you themselves.

Must be tough to be a window licking union member. I spend my money where I'll see the best return, and if it happens to be a non American product, so be it. I will buy the product that is IMO, going to serve me best, and I won't be a schill for something that is sub-par, regardless of it's origin.

So, in my politest, gentlest manner, GFY!

Well said. American made junk is still junk. Thanks anyway, but I'll pass on it.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have had a Kawasaki Mule for 10 years now.Its a hard starter in the winter,but I have done nothing but put gas and oil in it ,plus change tranny and differential fluid.I haul 1500lb bails of hay with it and use it for hunting.It needs a muffler.It does`nt go fast,but it always gets were I am going.If this one pukes ,I will buy another.

Last edited by Huntz; 09/25/13.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RRA223
.... Honda...nobody ever made another 4-wheeler as tough as those old 250's you used to see everywhere back in the late 80's to early 90's. I still see a few around that are still being ridden.

Those and their 300 TRXs were hard to beat. Unfortunately, even Honda hasn't been able to meet let alone beat those machines (and their engines) in terms of reliability.

Walt, You do realize that this is the internet, and all you're going to get here are internet "tales", whether failures or successes.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yep those 300's were hard to beat too.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
my 96 400 polaris and 86 350 honda - being taken to the shop tomorrow for new pistons and getting bored. They are in pieces in tubs in the back of the truck. That '86 Honda has a fuel pump, an oil cooler, its water cooled and is full time shaft drive 4 wheel drive. Who engineers a 350 like that?

Bartering a Honda Big Red 3 Wheeler that is in the back of the truck for the labor.

[Linked Image]

also just fixed up an '86 250 Honda - thing runs like its brand new

[Linked Image]

Last edited by KFWA; 09/25/13.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eh76
my 2004 carbed 660 Grizzly is doing fine..............

Yep, mine too.

Wouldn't own a Polaris 4-wheeler, every friend and acquaintance who has regretted the day they bought it.

I've owned Polaris sleds and have had zero problems, but their wheelers have durability problems.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
They don't make them like that anymore. cry

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,188
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.