Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
No place does it say someone should not marry as if it is a sin.
Not as if a sin, but Paul recommended it as it worked out well for him. I would guess it would under Paul's circumstances, but who else in history have had such a life? Somewhere between very few and none, I would believe.

1 Corinthians 7:7-10

7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.

9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
KJV

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1 Corinthians 7:7-10

7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

From that you get the idea he was not married. He claims to be a Pharisee. In order to be a Pharisee one had to be married. Therefore he was married.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 700LH
[quote=Scott F]

Why didn't you later smack the SOB with a baseball bat?
Let me change that to first opportunity?

If the opportunity would have presented itself I would have emasculated him with vice grips. I never saw him again. I got out as soon as I could he he was gone in a matter of hours. If I saw him today I would get out the vice grips.

Lets just say he is not on my Christmas card list. I think he is long dead or has at least changed names. I know I am not the only one looking for him.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I personally believe that after first conviction child molesters should be shot.

Works for me.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Things were a lot different every where in those days. My Mom was abused when she was 7 years old (1947) by a close friend of her parents her parents told her to quite making up stories, 20 or so years later they found out it was true and never really forgave themselves for it.

This brings to mind Sigmund Freuds' Psycho-Sexual Theory. The whole thing was concocted because he could not believe what were basically confessions of having been molested as children that victorian ladies confided in him.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
A dirty secret is the fact that many seminaries are FULL of queers, this is of course, more prevalent in the more liberal denominations. Human failings being what they are, I find it far preferable to find out that some preacher had his hot 20 something secretary bent over the desk than to hear some coexist libtard preacher had cornholed some 12yo kid.

The Southern Baptists cleaned house many years ago and took control of their seminaries from the libtards. They are the ONLY major denomination to have ever achieved this, without splintering off into another group, as the Presbyterians and Lutherans had to do.

Queers ain't all, apparently.

Two notorious institutions in my old denomination (UMC) are the Glide Memorial church in San Francisco and Iliff Seminary in Denver. Quite a while ago, Glide allegedly stored weapons for the Black Panther Party and conducted classes in how to organize urban political disturbances. In the late 1960s, secular undergraduates across the street had a nickname for the Iliff seminarians � "the Iliff atheists."

I can not attest to the accuracy of either the allegations or the nickname, but I'm reasonably skeptical of either institution's adherence to Biblical values.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Scott F

I personally believe that after first conviction child molesters should be shot.

Works for me.

My grandmother (the epitome of a "lady") thought pinking shears to be the answer - as they crush, more than cut!

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fuggers out to be castrated with a hot branding iron on the town square! To me, there is no worse criminal than a child molester. If one of them ever molested one of my nieces or nephews, they better hope to hell they NEVER get out of jail.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting they would specify the mission fields specifically. Overseas in poor countries has got to be a bonanza for pedophiles.

I still remember twenty five years back I was visiting an American girl living in Oaxaca, in Southern Mexico. In the sidewalk cafes in the morning were a couple of table fulls of middle aged American homosexual men. I was told they went there to pay for sex with boys madmadmadmad

If I'd had an Uzi I'd of happily taken them all out.

Somewhat closer to home; as a kid in England I went to a very strict, traditional all-boys Catholic school run by an Irish order of Christian Brothers, all IIRC pledged to celibacy.

Turned out later that probably two of the maybe ten Brothers on hand were molesting the boarding students. A shock to my parents when they found out, even though both Masters were conspicuously touchy-feely with students even in public.

Nothing was said back then, or even suspected.

What had to have been in place was probably a Centuries-long code of silence.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Age of consent in most of Mexico is 12 or 13.
Any idea what it was 25 years ago Birdie?

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
� as a kid in England I went to a very strict, traditional all-boys Catholic school run by an Irish order of Christian Brothers, all IIRC pledged to celibacy.

Turned out later that probably two of the maybe ten Brothers on hand were molesting the boarding students. A shock to my parents when they found out, even though both Masters were conspicuously touchy-feely with students even in public. �

In the early 1950s, I worked on an estate near Baltimore, with a dear old Scot gardener, Sam Reagh (pronounced "Ray").

Sam had been raised on the grounds of an English or Scottish convent (if that's the right word!) where his father was the gardener. One of his father's nocturnal duties (which the boy Sam assisted with) was burying babies sired by the priests and born to the young girls in the convent.

Long-term code of silence? Indeed!

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sexual predators are being accepted by society more and more, Boy Scouts for example. By allowing perverts to openly join our children's organizations, we are welcoming this behavior with open arms.

It's really disgusting.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Age of consent in most of Mexico is 12 or 13.
Any idea what it was 25 years ago Birdie?

So, it was legal? No worries, I SAW these men, and could read their character on their faces.

Prob'ly need at least two thirty-round clips.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How "secret" are the existence and activities of NAMBLA? I bet they have both a magazine and a web site.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Think you've misunderstood, I agree on the 30-30, was wondering if law is the same now as then.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Think you've misunderstood, I agree on the 30-30, was wondering if law is the same now as then.

Dunno, I'd guess it was, mostly to accommodate the Indios out in the villages marrying off girls that young.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

206 members (260Remguy, 1badf350, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 270wsmnutt, 204guy, 30 invisible), 16,845 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,878
Posts18,538,125
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
5 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.