-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great thread! Our camp is in Ft Drum, FL. About 20 miles north of Lake Okeechobee. What started as a basic 8x28 construction trailer with a deck out front ended up a damn chalet. Our landowner is a contractor and has enslaved us. 3 years of Saturdays and we ended up hardi planked with hurricane windows, an outhouse, attached shed, and we are close to trimming out inside.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
GB1

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Awesome. You guys did a lot with a job shack. I like the porch.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Great pics everyone! My hunting "camp" shut down in the mid 90's. I miss not having one. I bow hunt and muzzleload now but I sure miss the comradary of deer camp. frown

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Rooster7 i know what you mean!! in Pa our buck/rifle season starts on the monday following Thanksgiving. my wife doesnt understand why i leave on friday to travel 35 miles to hunt on monday. it doesnt matter if your tagged out from archery, or the early inline season, my truck is heading to camp that friday. in my family it is camo friday, not black friday. its the stories that are to be made and the memories that have been made. football, hunting shows, beer, and lack of cell service are a plus too.i will be 48 soon and cant imagine not doing it, i thank God and my family for permitting me to do it.

Last edited by admin100; 09/22/13.
C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ChipM
Originally Posted by okiebowhunter
This is a great post. Ive had many camp, some redneck mansions some just tents. As of now I have small parcells to hunt, all my good stuff ive benn screwed over on. I hunt out of state about ever other week nowadays.

The best camp we ever had was in Refugio, Tx. Me, dad, and uncle Geno had a lease on The River Trap. It holds some of my fondest memories with dad. As some of you may recall I lost dad a year ago. I think of our time spent down there everday. Ill try to dig up some pics.

I miss the days when a little spike or forky was a trophy. I have fallen into the inches game. Sometimes I wonder if it wasnt more fun back then. But I also spend a lot of time teaching my 9 yr old.

Im trying to find a way to hunt up in NY, Maine, MN, or PA. From the pics I see of the country its beautiful. Ivegot the plaid andslew of levers at the ready.

Keep this thread hot!

Maine is the toughest place I ever hunted, here are some habitat photos, woods are thick with some openings.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And I showed the wool, now here is the lever action. Mostly hunt with bolt action carbines now but a Marlin levergun usually gets a walk in the woods at least one day.
[Linked Image]

Can't wait to get back up there next season my friend......

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
CLB, do you hunt in Pa??

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by admin100
Rooster7 i know what you mean!! in Pa our buck/rifle season starts on the monday following Thanksgiving. my wife doesnt understand why i leave on friday to travel 35 miles to hunt on monday. it doesnt matter if your tagged out from archery, or the early inline season, my truck is heading to camp that friday. in my family it is camo friday, not black friday. its the stories that are to be made and the memories that have been made. football, hunting shows, beer, and lack of cell service are a plus too.i will be 48 soon and cant imagine not doing it, i thank God and my family for permitting me to do it.

I'm envious. My older cousin started our deer camp back in the early 80's. It was made up of a couple of his buddies, his father, his fathers nephews, a couple of other uncles and cousins. My cousin who started it died in a house fire in '86. After that his buddies dropped out. The rest tried to continue on and we did for another 8 or 9 years. Over that time we had people join and people drop out. Then my Uncles decided they were too old to do it anymore and everyone just kind of quit.

Oh how I miss the laughs we had, my uncles stories, the excitement when someone got a buck and just the great atmosphere that was always at deer camp. Even after Ron died, the atmosphere at camp that next year was the same as ever and that is exactly how he would have wanted it...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by admin100
CLB, do you hunt in Pa??

It's been many years since I've hunted PA. Had an uncle who lived out in Warren and spent my early years out that way with my father and uncle. I started hunting with a group of guys in the early 80's in the Scranton area. One of the guys had connections with a few farmers and we had several private farms to hunt on. Was a good run for a long while. My buddy ChipM was on several of those hunts.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
all your stories sound similar, the traditions seem to be dwindling . the younger members of my family, my 3 sons included have no interest in the tradition. im the youngest in our group at 48yrs, so im the gutter, dragger, go for,start my truck and clean my windows, and/or pick me up in 3 hours guy, but after doing it for the last 36yrs, i wouldnt change it for the world. i wish that others had the fun that i have had doing that stuff.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Headed to deer camp Tuesday to make more memories. Kind of sad right now because I'm moving out of state and this may very well be my last deer hunt in Utah.

IC B3

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I've gone from this
[Linked Image]

To this
[Linked Image]

And back to this
[Linked Image]

With a few in-between

Hunting Coues Deer in Arizona
[Linked Image]

Caribou camp northern Alaska
[Linked Image]

One of many Colorado Elk/deer camps
[Linked Image]

Inside the wall tent on another Colorado hunting camp
[img]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/KCKeen/Camps/CampKCinside.jpg[/img]

This is a friend's Texas deer camp
[img]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/KCKeen/Camps/IM000201-1.jpg[/img]

These were not deer camps, but fun just the same

[img]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/KCKeen/Camps/McKinleyTent.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/KCKeen/Camps/Shasta.jpg[/img]

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
hey GreatWaputi!!! sorry to hear, but i believe that things happen for a reason,maybe better hunting,and new friends. where are you moving??

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is camp up in NY , and before you flame me no it aint a canned hunt its just what they called the place in 1949
[Linked Image]

I Kill Things......deal with it..
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
summer picture of our north missouri camp on the wife and my farm

[Linked Image]

FJB
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
[Linked Image]
Our camp

Last edited by gmiller; 10/01/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GM, nice. I could live there. Do I see logs in the structure?

Wayne

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That's way cool.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
No power or running water. We're planning to stay there from Nov 8th to the 16th.
[Linked Image]
out the back door
[Linked Image]
Inside
We've done some work this year. New beds and some shelves. It looks better.

Last edited by gmiller; 10/01/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would like to suggest one addition to threads of this type--put the location (state) along with the picture.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 51 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,034
Posts18,500,639
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.