Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yes, he will. I'm worried who will replace him. It could get worse. Hopefully not.

I hate to say it, but Hillary might be the one.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bullcamp and Whiptail...... bullshiz.....

�A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order will lose both, and deserve neither� - Thomas Jefferson (but what did he and his compatriots know about government?)

Good luck with that boys! If no one takes a stand at some point, well, no one will.

How's that working out for ya?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So your idea of taking a stand is to trespass and poach?
Or are you going to get into a firefight with an officer of the law?

If I find out the NF I have a tag to hunt elk in November is closed then I'll send my tag in for a refund and won't travel the 2200 miles. I'll also make sure my vote in the next election reflects my disappointment. This is how civilized people behave.

Last edited by Whiptail; 10/06/13.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Constitution is clear - the Fed is not allowed to "own" lands.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Blackbrush, I don't advocate knuckling under to the imperial federal government but I know how the USFS works when it comes to closing off areas. You go cutting gates and destroying govt property they will use that as an excuse to go hog wild and close off huge areas, not just the target area. They need to be dealt with through official channels. Bitch to your congressman and senator.
USFS is always looking for an excuse. Don't give it to them.

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"........P.J. O'Rourke
IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by siskiyous6

Maybe I'm missing your point but it seems pretty clear the United States is allowed to own lands.

Article IV, Section 3
The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States;

Circles
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
http://www.doi.gov/shutdown/fy2014/upload/FWS-Fact-Sheet.pdf

FISH AND WILDLIFE SERVICE
CONTINGENCY PLAN FACT SHEET
September 27, 2013
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) works with others to conserve, protect and enhance
fish, wildlife and plants and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people. The
Service manages nearly 150 million acres of land and waters in the national wildlife refuge
system, operates 73 national fish hatcheries and is responsible for implementing and enforcing
some of our Nation�s most important environmental laws, such as the Endangered Species Act,
Migratory Bird Treaty Act, Marine Mammal Protection Act, The Lacey Act, and international
agreements like the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species.
In the event of a lapse in appropriations and pursuant to law, the Service will close most
operations, but certain excepted activities will continue.
� National Wildlife Refuges will be closed to public access. Visitor Centers and other
buildings will be closed.
� All activities will be canceled on federal lands and public buildings until the government
reopens. This includes hunting and fishing activities on public lands.
� No permitting work or consultations will occur with respect to the Endangered Species
Act, Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, the Convention on Trade in Endangered
Species, the Lacy Act or the National Environmental Policy Act.
� Employees and others may not volunteer their services on behalf of Service functions or
on federal lands.
Services and Programs that would remain operational
The Service has designated the following exempted categories:
� Programs financed by other than annual appropriations.
� Activities expressly authorized by law.
� Necessary activities to protect life and property.
NAME OF SERVICE/PROGRAM
REASON
Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Non-lapsing funding sources available
Sport Fish Restoration Non-lapsing funding sources available
Natural Resource Damage Assessment
Fund
Non- lapsing funding sources available
Refuge Law Enforcement Emergency and/or excepted activity
Law Enforcement Emergency and/or excepted activity
Firefighting Emergency and/or excepted activity
Care and feeding activities at hatcheries
and captive breeding facilities
Emergency and/or excepted activity

Last edited by Bend; 10/07/13.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I called the state boys this morning. They said that-

Mark (state guy)"... they are closing National Parks, campgrounds, and anything that has water or electricity..."
Boomy- "..so they aren't shutting down the roads going up into the mountains?"
Mark (state guy)"..no they are not suppose to. They should all be open.."

Bad decisions make good stories.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Anyone that thinks this country can still be fixed by voting is dumber than a sack of hammers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Today the Idaho Fish & Game said that all federal land is open for hunting. The few exceptions are campgrounds and other maintained facilities.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Circles

Maybe I'm missing your point but it seems pretty clear the United States is allowed to own lands.

Article IV, Section 3
The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States;

That is within the context of admitting new states into the union.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well...... Ok..... I'll write a letter. I'll make a phone call. I sure don't want go out of my way by driving across the country to only have to come back home bc some bureaucrat strung some yellow tape and says I can't ride my 4-wheeler into the national forest...

Seriously? Some people need to wake up. People need to get off their asses. Learn history. We're way past niceties. The vets amongst us know better - those that have seen action that is.

Again, I ask, how's that been working for you? How's it working for the WWII vets that want to see an open air memorial that's in their honor in DC? You can't drive up the hill in SD now to glimpse Mt Rushmore from afar. Well..... ok.... don't knock over or go past a cone.... They might even put more cones up and then what would we do?

We fat lazy Americans won't get off our couches unless we get seriously bit in our asses. I'm not saying I have the answers or know what to do. I just know we can't keep being pussies. It's the definition of insanity.

How bad a bite is it going to need to be for me or any of us for that matter?

Interesting times...

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You're preaching to the choir.

Go make that post on the FatRus forum.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most Are Ready Now.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I won't be locked out or told I cannot access national forest land. Thing are so far out of hand it may take nothing short of determined civil disobedience to begin to take back the government. I have to wonder how much bullshit people will allow this president to pull before saying no more. Most of our elected officials don't have the balls to stand for freedom and the constitution... they're too worried about covering their own asses.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope the government shut down is permanent.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by deerstalker
I hope the government shut down is permanent.

Brilliant.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
COLORADO IS OPEN FOR HUNTING

DENVER - Colorado is open for fall hunting with more than 23 million acres of public land that are not affected by the federal government shutdown.

"Colorado is known worldwide for its pristine hunting and fishing areas,� said Gov. John Hickenlooper. "Some federal refuges are closed here and in other states, but Colorado has elk licenses available and hunters are welcome this fall to hunt on other public land."

Colorado is the only state that offers over-the-counter rifle bull elk license for resident and non-resident hunters. The licenses are valid in more than 90 game management units during the second or third rifle seasons. The second rifle season runs Oct. 19 - 27 and third rifle season is Nov. 2 - 10.

Colorado has more than 260,000 elk in the state and hunters are important to help manage those large herds. In addition, hunting provides a $1.8 billion boost to the state's economy each fall. State officials have been notified that National Wildlife Refuges in the state and some military installations may be impacted by the shutdown but those lands make up less than one-half of one percent of the federal land in the state.

"It's unfortunate that hunters are receiving mixed messages from the federal agencies," said Steve Yamashita, Acting Director of Colorado Parks and Wildlife. "While all of the National Forests in Colorado are open, the shutdown has confused sportsmen across the country and we're trying to make sure people get the right information. Colorado is open this hunting season."

Individuals hunting Colorado's public lands are advised that some of the formal campgrounds may be closed or have limited service but dispersed camping is allowed in most areas. Hunters should be prepared to pack out their own trash and bring their own water.

The early snow in Colorado has local hunters excited after several years of warm, dry fall weather. Cold, snowy weather concentrates big game herds and moves them out of rugged areas toward lower elevation winter range. That movement means better hunting conditions.

"Hunting in western Colorado has been tremendous so far," said JT Romatzke, an area wildlife manager for Colorado Parks and Wildlife. "We have had great late-season rains, and bulls rallied to the rut during the last couple weeks of archery season."

Hunters are being reminded that snow can mean muddy roads and cold temperatures. But mud and snow shouldn't keep hunters from venturing out to try their luck. Despite some potentially mucky terrain, Romatzke anticipates a fruitful season.

"We are looking forward to what could be one of the best hunts we've had for a few years," he said. "We just need the hunters to come get them."

###

For more information about Division of Wildlife go to: http://wildlife.state.co.us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Circles

Article IV, Section 3

That is within the context of admitting new states into the union.

So...it would apply to those states that entered the union after the Constitution was ratified? Like 37 of them?

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

222 members (16penny, 204guy, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 32 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,621
Posts18,474,021
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.