Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Throwing a bunch of needless clutter on the windshield,doesn't "enhance" the parcel. Clutter is clutter,whether you wanna measure the clutter in Mils,MOA or I/PHY or whatever unit of measure/designator floats your boat.

There are those who would swoon a "Tactical Spoon" or a "Long Range" fork. It's a feeble MARKETING attempt,that trips triggers in many,which apparently do bolster sales a smidge. I could really give a schit what label is attached to something,as Mootitude ain't my focus,nor has it ever been.

In fairness,I'd state that the SWFA SS Mil-Quad reticle is gonna do more favors for a Killing Glass. It funnels the eye faster to center,due stadia transition and MUCH clutter is thoughtfully left out. I my book,them are very positive things,but there are those who groove on dirty windshields far more than I.

A windshield splattered with bugs,don't get "better" if labeled "Tactical" or "LR".(grin) Pass the Windex and hold the Fluff.

I sincerely hope the scope do,what the boys think it'll do and causes other Manufacturers to mebbe pay a leetle attention if only by default.

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
...and Boxer.

Deadwood was one of my favorites smile

I'd wager Al prolly had boots on the ground and a keen understanding,that he downplayed on the sly...so as to eek max results.

Thinkin' a Tactical or LR scarf woulda been a hard sell on him,for lotsa reasons,none of which was jingle or experience related.(grin)

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Did anybody come up with a ballpark price on what these will retail for?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
looking at that reticle they already have some more, keep the big circle I say in the MOA version and keep the style of the marks on the horizontal the same with long and short ones, I like that actually it would make it easier to pick up the number of marks your over, with my MOAR reticle it takes me longer to count over and think is that the 3 or 4 minute mark I am looking at. clean up the bottom of the reticle, done and even I am happy. actually not all that much different.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Golf Courses is forgivin' on reticles and clutter.

Less is just sooooooo very much more.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cummins - just what is the difference between "long range hunting" and "tactical" in your opinion?

At what point does a "tactical" scope become miss applied for hunting uses? Just what is the difference betwix the two that is so vast that a scope can't simply do both jobs?

Seriously - you seem hung up more on labels than the wares.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Boxer
There are those who would swoon a "Tactical Spoon" or a "Long Range" fork. It's a feeble MARKETING attempt,that trips triggers in many,which apparently do bolster sales a smidge. I could really give a schit what label is attached to something,as Mootitude ain't my focus,nor has it ever been.

Exactly my point - WGAF if it's a "long range hunting" or a "tactical" scope. The issue is - can you kill [bleep] with it and will it track so you can keep playing "whack a dink" at multiple ranges. Does the windshield work for you?

That's all it comes down to. Doubting Bushnell is worried too much that someone thinks the box is mislabeled.

Wise man once said "good [bleep] sells itself"

Me

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Turrets that track/repeat and crosshairs intersecting POA/POI...will reliably bear fruit and arranging same is a literal breeze.

I hope they sell like hotcakes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by teal

Seriously - you seem hung up more on labels than the wares.

ok you might be right, looking at the reticle and what they already have, my tune is changing. while its not my first choice with all those marks in the lower part of the reticle. if with an MOA version they thought it would help them sell more scopes I could learn to live with it. if a MOA version of what they already have was available I would buy it still. change the circle to 5 or 6 moa instead of 2 mils change the marks to moa done, oh to do this the reticle would have to be SFP to work with MOA

Pat, my comments have went all over the place, quite simple in summary just please talk them into doing a MOA version, the basic product is definitely on the right track. also I need a long range hunting scope for one of my rifles, a MOA version of this scope would be top of the list.

Got word today that the scope Indicated Retail for $1479, That's Retail, should not change from this.

Im guessing that they will sell in the neighborhood of $1250-1350 being that nobody gets retail.

Its a Great Scope and will be out for order for SHOT SHOW. Prototypes like the one I have will b in a few people's hands prior to to give worthy feedback. The Great part is Bushnell listened to Real Hunters/Shooters on this, Pat and I got to 100% spec this scope. Both having used it Im telling you they hit a Homer. Never mind a Grand Slam!!

George

George Gardner
G.A. Precision Rifles
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nice, thanks George. I'm liking the 1250-1350 price tag. There's a lot of kick azz features there for a non-exorbitant price.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About the reticle...

I'm with Boxer. Simple is betterer....

Tough to beat a TMR. I understand a reticle for quick shots at longer ranges with hold over and wind compensation, but usually a longer range shot means game that hasn't seen you and is unaware.

Plenty of time to dial and hold off for wind

I had some VX3's with the VHR. Every long range shot I made with them was dialed and held off. Sent them back for a TMR reticle change.

At the TAC matches when a stage calls for using the reticle for hold over, it's not too difficult to hold off for wind too with the TMR

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by a10xrifle

Im guessing that they will sell in the neighborhood of $1250-1350 being that nobody gets retail.

George

That's pretty reasonable all things considered....I would have guessed several hundred more.

May have to start working OT again!

Congrats to Pat & George

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Formid is not ranting, just trying to educate some that may not have the experience or understand what is important in Long Range Shooting. His post is on the money.

Yup, agreed.

And spotting is the reason that it's important that the reticle/turrets match, not the shooting. As you say, it's easy to read data, either dial or hold, whether ele or wind, and whether mil or MOA, and fire the shot. But it makes things tidy to be able to spot using either MOA or mil, and dial the same units into the turrets.

Jordan,

Really enjoyed your company at the Icebreaker last spring. Hopefully you can bring along a few of your own rifles next spring(damn border crossing rules).

FWIW guys, Jordan shoots in both mils and moa and makes calls either way depending on who he is spottimg for and what their system is. To be well versed in any longrange shooting/hunting, I think it's important know the in's and out of both systems.

Guys, keep an open mind and keep contributing thoughts and ideas......all of it will be passed on.

Hey Pat,

The transport permit is already in hand for this coming April *grin*

I had a lot of fun, and it was really a pleasure to meet you and spend some time getting to know you. Really glad to see you back posting on the campfire again. It's a better place for having you around here. I'll give you a jingle one of these days soon to see how things are going.

One thing I know about Pat, is that while some guys have 5 years of serious shooting experience spread out over 20 years, Pat has 100 years of LR shooting/killing experience packed into less than half that time. I also met George at the Icebreaker, and Bushnell couldn't have chosen any nicer or more qualified guys than Pat and George for this project. I'm super excited to see the new scope!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Pat/George,
Can you tell us what the scope weighs?

Thanks!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntr
Pat/George,
Can you tell us what the scope weighs?

Thanks!
The parameters they set were for it to be under 24oz (first post) and all subsequent posts state they met the parameters. Sooo...I'd say 24oz or less. wink

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I set myself up for that one, didn't I? smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntr
I set myself up for that one, didn't I? smile
Yes. wink laugh It's all good. Wonder how goofy one would look on Kimber 300 WSM?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Prolly Nightfarce-esque.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That a 3.5-15x50?

Here's my 2.5-10x32 on a Montana 6XC...

[Linked Image]

Need to get some pics after Eddie purtied 'er up.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 30 invisible), 1,731 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,987
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.