Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
U
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
U
Not sure if this has previously been posted or not, but it seems two scout leaders were in Utah's Goblin Valley and decided to topple one of it's 2,000 pound Hoodoos.

Naturally, they videotaped themselves "high-fiving" and such on their own facebook page, and under their real names.

Cue the 2* felony destruction charges.

BONUS: the one two toppled the 2,000 rock had 2 weeks before sued another Utah resident claiming a car accident had left him with debilitating back pain......

Rock Toppling, with video (SLT)

Guy he sued is a happy camper today....

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Those who believe there is safety in numbers never heard of Auschwitz- Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boy scout leaders as well mad

What trio of azzholes, all 3 need the schit smacked out of them.
Ought to make them put it back and stand guard for about 3 years each, to make sure no one gets hurt.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not many things that the "Greenies" are upset about that I agree with....BUT, in this case, yes, it's justified.

Not only do I agree with the outrage towards the idiots that did this, but I feel further rage that they also choose to blacken the eye of the BSA. (Like they needed further trouble with bad pubic image.)

The guys that did this also further the goals of left-wing nutcases that would have all public lands shut down so that nobody can access them.....(that means hunting and shooting too.)

They need to be made an example of.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"Here's us creating video evidence of our felony vandalism."

"Here's us publicly posting the video evidence of our felony vandalism."

One can only hope that they next video their own arrest, conviction and imprisonment. And then post it, of course.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Really very sad

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guys are certainly dumb as schitt, doubly so for video-taping it; but this is not felony material here guys. Just idiots being idiots.

At the end of the day, a couple bubbas moved a rock. That's it. wtf is the big deal?

Ohh, Ahh, 65 million years for a rock to look funky.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
U
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
U
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Guys are certainly dumb as schitt, doubly so for video-taping it; but this is not felony material here guys. Just idiots being idiots.

At the end of the day, a couple bubbas moved a rock. That's it. wtf is the big deal?

The economic impact of sight-seeing in Utah is estimated at around $10 million per day -- and that's just the "local economy" stuff. It doesn't count any entrance fees.

We've had a number of high-profile thefts and/or vandalism in the past decade that have a real cost -- hence the felony charges.

I find your argument somewhat specious -- do you also believe poaching trophy animals is not felony material and just "idiots being idiots"?

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U

So where does vandalism of petroglyphs fit in the "no big deal" spectrum? Like busting the hoodoo, it is regarded by most around here as an unethical and illegal act.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's the kind of attitude that closes off alot of private hunting / fishing land.

And 5 seconds for some bubba to "improve it".

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It's a rock WGAF

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
We don't call em 'Utards' for nothing.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
There is more to the story too. Apparently one of these clowns filed a lawsuit over a car accident he was involved in 5 years earlier. Said it gave him a debilitating back injury. He seems fine to me

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

I pretty much agree. It is a silly ass rock, and it would have tipped over on its own quite soon.

If the Park Service is so concerned, they could just run up there with a boom truck and put the silly ass rock right back where it came from.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There seem to be a lot of criminal idiots, oops, just boys being boys here.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This is Balanced Rock, near the tiny town of Castleford, ID. It's a whole lot bigger than this pic shows. It's 48' tall and estimated to weigh 40 tons. It's a tourist magnet even though it generates almost zero income for the area.
Many years ago, some dipwads tried to dynamite it off it's pedestal but it didn't fall. Locals have put cement around the base to try to repair the damage but I can't say as it does much good.

Yeah, it's just a rock but why can't we have unusual rocks protected from idiots so others can enjoy seeing them?

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
If the Park Service is so concerned, they could just run up there with a boom truck and put the silly ass rock right back where it came from.

Yeah, a boom truck in Goblin Valley, obviously you've never been there. Apparently you're okay with vandalism. Tells a lot about one's character.

U
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
U
oye! It just gets more embarrassing with each passing day!

Not only are they a felony-vandal(s) and fraudulent disability lawsuits, they're "celebrity TV" whoremongers:

CNN

Originally Posted by CNN
Meanwhile, the man who shot the video, Hall, is tied to another nationally publicized case: the Jodi Arias murder trial.
Throughout the Arias trial, Hall appeared numerous times on HLN to talk about the life and legacy of his friend Travis Alexander and to paint an unflattering picture of his killer, Arias.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The other sad thing is presumably parents are sending their kids (boy scouts) with these bubbas. I could see kids doing something stupid like this without giving it any thought. Adults ought to know better.

If these were just some regular guys being stupid I'd think some long term meaningful community service might be more appropriate than a felony.

But it seems like the more we find out about these jokers the worse it gets. They might need the book thrown at them.

Last edited by Ralphie; 10/22/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
them 3 losers are dumber than that rock ...oh boy, good fun watching a rock fall 4 feet....a-holes

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (219DW, 1234, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 222Sako, 55 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,795
Posts18,496,223
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.