Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Good to know. There's a knifemaker in Marble Falls I plan to visit in the next few months.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Good to know. There's a knifemaker in Marble Falls I plan to visit in the next few months.
The only one I've et at is in Lampassas and ime it is very, very good. I assume the Marble Falls location is as good, but you never know.

I was fixin' to have a local greasy spoon burger in Fort Scott tonight but the Chicken Fried Chicken dinner was on sale for less than a burger and fries so I had to settle. Mashed taters and white gravy along with green beans. $5.99.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
5 Guys fries are slammin good.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't remember seeing a Storm's Burger in Marble Falls when I passed through there last week, but there is one in Burnet. It was still good when I stopped in.

I've been eating at the one in either Lampassas or Burnet for at least the last 25 years. Got to get a Tripple at Storm's to be as big as the Double Meat at WhataBurger. I crave Whataburger at least 2 or 3 times a week! If there was a Storm's here in N.Texas, I'd be eating it instead of Whataburger.

If your every in Abilene, Joe Alan's BBQ joint makes a really good grilled Burger. Or if you want a huge hamburger, there is a Mom & Pop joint called Hepp's that really good too. And of course, 3 different Whataburger locations!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
WhataBurger is the ONLY Fast Food Chain Burger worth eating.....

Not entirely true. If you're out west In-n-Out is friggin' awesome. Whataburger is great, don't get me wrong, but an In-n-Out double double is a thing of beauty.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Let's don't get pissin' in each other's cornflakes. Good burgers is good burgers... but a little local variation is good. As they say, variety is the spice of life.

Ever now and then I've simply got to eat me a McDonald's Royale (1/4-lb with cheese for those of you who don't watch Pulp Fiction regular like I do). But it just makes me crave another Whataburger.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Let's don't get pissin' in each other's cornflakes. Good burgers is good burgers... but a little local variation is good. As they say, variety is the spice of life.

Ever now and then I've simply got to eat me a McDonald's Royale (1/4-lb with cheese for those of you who don't watch Pulp Fiction regular like I do). But it just makes me crave another Whataburger.
I agree. I've got a burger joint just four miles south of here that puts out a very good burger. In fact, if I could get Storm's more often, I might prefer the one close to here, but you get to wanting something a bit different even if it is a variation on the same theme.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't remember seeing a Storm's Burger in Marble Falls when I passed through there last week, but there is one in Burnet. It was still good when I stopped in.

I've been eating at the one in either Lampassas or Burnet for at least the last 25 years. Got to get a Tripple at Storm's to be as big as the Double Meat at WhataBurger. I crave Whataburger at least 2 or 3 times a week! If there was a Storm's here in N.Texas, I'd be eating it instead of Whataburger.

If your every in Abilene, Joe Alan's BBQ joint makes a really good grilled Burger. Or if you want a huge hamburger, there is a Mom & Pop joint called Hepp's that really good too. And of course, 3 different Whataburger locations!

storms

http://www.stormsrestaurants.com/

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 10/24/13.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A few days ago the wife & I drove thru the small town of Vinita, OK (Ethan & Gunner know where it is). There's a restaurant there called Clanton's which has been a family business for about 40 years I guess. Anyway, I ordered their basic burger with grilled unions and it came with a toasted bun. Took me back 50 years to the burgers all the greasy spoons sold before the chains took over. We stopped back in and I had another when we drove back thru a couple of days later, it did me good. smile

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
A few days ago the wife & I drove thru the small town of Vinita, OK (Ethan & Gunner know where it is). There's a restaurant there called Clanton's which has been a family business for about 40 years I guess. Anyway, I ordered their basic burger with grilled unions and it came with a toasted bun. Took me back 50 years to the burgers all the greasy spoons sold before the chains took over. We stopped back in and I had another when we drove back thru a couple of days later, it did me good. smile
I know where Clanton's is but have never et there. We usually drove through and stopped at Thomas' in Vinita, which was a staple for years. It was a diner more than a burger joint and had the best Chicken n' Dumplins I've ever tasted. We always tried to stop there on the way to Dallas, and if we didn't we stopped at MacAlester where there was a diner at a Motel on the side of the hill there. It's very close to the present-day Americ-Inn where we stay if we stop overnight down that way. I highly recommend that hotel. Alas, both those diners are gone. The one in MacAlester was very close to a locally famous Italian eatery where we never stopped. I can't recall the name of it now, but it was there for years. There where 69 went through was on the outskirts of town when I was a kid but now they need to put in a new bypass.

For some reason we just don't stop much in Vinita but now that I know Clanton's is good maybe we'll try it.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Not entirely true. If you're out west In-n-Out is friggin' awesome. Whataburger is great, don't get me wrong, but an In-n-Out double double is a thing of beauty.

I ate at a In-n-Out Burger a couple of weeks ago in Dallas. Was not impressed. To each his own.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The start of a real "good burger" and evening for that matter. Short of this it's, without question, the Kendelia country store just down the road.

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
EdM #8189632 10/25/13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haven't had a Whataburger in years.

I eat a Carl's JR on occasion. Pretty good for a chain joint.

You couldn't buy me a Wendy's anything. Place is gross.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
EdM #8189901 10/25/13
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by EdM
The start of a real "good burger" and evening for that matter. Short of this it's, without question, the Kendelia country store just down the road.

[Linked Image]

so long as there be gin in that glass that is about a perfect spread! Mighty fine..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
[Linked Image]

Last night I got back from flying around midnight and thank goodness Whataburger was open. I got me a green chili double with all the veggies and a side of onion rings and chowed down!

I've eaten chain burgers all over this hemisphere. Whataburger makes the BEST burgers of 'em all, and you cain't get 'em anywheres 'cept here in Texas.

God bless Texas.

ah, sorry. There is another part of the United States other than texas. They have whataburger stores in arizona too.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

In-n-out I think is a california chain, and they cut their potatoes fresh in the stores. They also have a burger didn't use to be on the menu, I think it was called a growler, or something like that. Believe a triple pattie, triple cheese. Real good for slicking up your arteries.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

In-n-out I think is a california chain, and they cut their potatoes fresh in the stores. They also have a burger didn't use to be on the menu, I think it was called a growler, or something like that. Believe a triple pattie, triple cheese. Real good for slicking up your arteries.

In-n-out has moved into Texas in the last few years. Has more than several in the DFW area.
The AH's in fact backed out of a land deal (purchase of) that cost me my part in a sale of said property.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i think in Louisianan and Florida also.but thats only been within the last few years.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nearest Whataburger to me is 431 miles away in Tulsa, OK. I'll have to check it out next time I'm down that way. Never had one before.

I rectum the best we got around here is Hardees.

Last edited by Skeezix; 10/25/13.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Whataburger for here in AZ..

When I am back home, Storms all the way. Best burger on earth.

In n Outs everywhere here in AZ. Alright burger, but that's about it. My daughter LOVES them though.

That said, I very rarely eat the things anyhow.. 'kept when back home in TX and a Storms is nearby.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 30 invisible), 2,177 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,456
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.