Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm another 9%er.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
9% of the population are with me Libertarian.

no surprises there

I'm for limited gov't

up to and including the gov't not worried so much about what goes on in adults bedrooms and instead worry about balancing their fing checkbook

This is my camp!

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
9% here too, although some of the choices weren't conservative enough for me.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My feeling is there are more Libertarians than 9%. I think many people dont really now what a libertarian is therefore they dont know they are one or at least that they identify closely with libertarian views. I had two stanch Republicans and one moderate Democrat who are friends take a similar test. They all scored out as Libertarians. Old habits and affiliations are hard too break.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Libertarian

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
My feeling is there are more Libertarians than 9%. I think many people dont really now what a libertarian is therefore they dont know they are one or at least that they identify closely with libertarian views. I had two stanch Republicans and one moderate Democrat who are friends take a similar test. They all scored out as Libertarians. Old habits and affiliations are hard too break.

Exactly. Excuse the weird analogy, but it's like having to choose between two [bleep] resturants and having no opportunity to cook for yourself.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's scary what the general public thinks.

Ya got that right.

9%er here.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It looks like I'm a 9%er too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
did any of us not get 9%?

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
did any of us not get 9%?

Apparently not.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
one more Staunch conservative here.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I probably don't have to take the quiz to realize I'm a 9%er too.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Completely Liberal in the presuppositions that form the statements and therefore fundamentally flawed.

The way they pose the contrasts tells much about their own backgrounds.

The needy for instance; I believe the gov't has plenty of resources to help them. We are not too broke to help them! I just don't think welfare is the way to allocate those resources, rather that increased empowerment through tax cuts and deregulation so that they can have jobs allowing them the dignity of earning their own way.

It also buys into the presupposition common in the MSM and sadly here that there are only 2 ways to look at this stuff and that isn't the case at all.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Libertarian, but there were some questions where I was evenly divided.

You want to see a country where capitalists are unregulated (at least until they embarrass the .gov, then they get shot) then look at China. Crony capitalism at the extreme. Got guanxi?

Want to see a country where anything goes as far as the environment? Again, look at China.

So empirically we see that some measure of government regulation is needed, or greedheads will f--- Joe Public sans the lube. But generally we're over-regulated. To the point that it's hypothesized that the average person is committing three federal felonies a day (http://www.threefeloniesaday.com/Youtoo/tabid/86/Default.aspx)

My wife is the hardest working person I know, up at 6:00 AM for meetings with colleagues around the world, and in meetings at 10:00 PM with different co-workers. All this while working "regular" hours as well. She's an immigrant. Is she a drain, or an asset?

Anyway, at least I'm not one of those folks I bad mouth all the time. Death before dishonor...

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The so-called "Conservatives" (RINOs) have been very effective in making the word "Libertarian" a pejorative. Anarchist, doper malcontents, dontcha know. Status quo is the only way to go..

This is why we will likely have Hillary as POTUS in '16. Any candidate who is not of the MCRomney/Dole/GHWB mold will be attacked with the heat of a thousand suns by the Rovite RINOS.

This should push Hillary & her dirtbag hubby easily into Obama and Moochelle's house, come 01/2017. Embrace the horror.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Choice two... Immigrants today are a burden on our country because they take our jobs, housing and health care.

Legal immigrants go through the process then earn/pay for... jobs, housing and healthcare.

Take, means they are sanitizing the 'illegal' out of their question.

Kent

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
i don't even know how a person could honestly answer half the questions as they were posed.

if PEW (how apropos!) does the rest of their polling using questions like this, no wonder poll data sucks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
i don't even know how a person could honestly answer half the questions as they were posed.

if PEW (how apropos!) does the rest of their polling using questions like this, no wonder poll data sucks.

No doubt there were a lot of questions that were murky at best.

You're right that polls suck because all polls are stacked to give the outcome the poll payer wants.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Based on your responses, YOU are a�

Staunch Conservative

Along with 9% of the public

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Staunch Conservative

Along with 9% of the public

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,931
Posts18,518,948
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.