Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Grovey, your statement about 250 sav. and getting a 140-150 fps at 2800 fps, is with out a doubt the dummist statement i have ever read on this forum.it makes no differance what round the hunter is useing bullet weight or bullet make up.bad or poor shot placement is what happened in this case and all other cases of this type.Bluefish, i would hope you and your not so very good hunter friend would go have another look and put in a lot more effort to find this wounded deer. rio7

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd say your second sentence ranks up there buddy... Let me get this outta the way first. GFY TEX! Or is it MEX?! Whats wrong? Did i hurt your feelers or? The guy took a shcitty shot with a so so cartridge (imo). My point was if he's going to take shots other than broadside rib shots, maybe he should use a stouter cartridge/bullet combo. Maybe i'm wrong... maybe he doesn't even know where to aim on a quartering to shot? My idea of aiming at the vitals in a quartering to shot involves shooting thru the onside shoulder

Last edited by grovey; 11/07/13.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Neck shot gone wrong.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
OK I'm back. Sad to say I did not find the animal. I found where my buddy left off his tracking and did find dried blood and even blood under a leaf that was turned over and did not appear to dry overnight.

I am greatly bothered by the whole deal as I do not like lost, wounded animals. I was able to guess where this one went across a road and on but no more blood was findable by me. I did call my friend at work and let him know. I wounded a buck once and chased the damned thing for hours until bringing it down but have thankfully never lost one.

On the way back I did sit where my friend was sitting and closely examined the scene where the deer was and the general shooting conditions. This was within 50 yards of last year's episode. My guess is this buck was looking to further his range as the one shot last year seems to be around by the size of the tracks I saw in the mud today and likely caught some scent emanating from this bedding area and wandered over to check it out not expecting to get shot.

I truly hope this deer makes a recovery and lives but not having been onsite at the time of the shot I simply cannot say what happened.

Thanks to all for the input and words.

Jeff

The way life should be.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Grovey, in this case your getting dummer, and the longer you go on he dummer you get. by the way i will lay claim to Tex--Mex all year long. but i cant fix STUPID. and you covered up with STUPID. rio7

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
BLUEFISH,sounds like you gave it a good try, sorry it didnt work out for you. i keep a couple of tracking dogs here on the ranch just for what happened to you and your friend.we kill about 300 white tail a year, and there always seem to be a few that hunters make a bad shot on. the dogs do come in handy when needed and i know not every hunter can keep good tracking dogs, but they can try to make better shots and let a deer walk if its a questionable shot.its not the gun its the hunter.rio7

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by tzone
Neck shot gone wrong.

+1, would be my guess based on the description of the shot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lay claim? How about you can't deny it? I don't care if ya shoot 300 a yr yourself off the feeders you [bleep] windbag.Do you honestly think i don't get your point? Truth is nobody knows where he aimed but him, and nobody including him know where the shot impacted. Have some more cactus there pointy boots, you wear it well...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Have some more cactus there pointy boots, you wear it well...

Hey windbag, why don't you go away and let the men talk. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RIO7
BLUEFISH,sounds like you gave it a good try, sorry it didnt work out for you.

Yup, good on you for trying.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

C
ckr Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by RIO7
BLUEFISH,sounds like you gave it a good try, sorry it didnt work out for you.

Yup, good on you for trying.

The sport appreciates your effort. Shame the guy behind the trigger didn't seem to have the same level of give a F&$@ as you. At least you can sleep knowing you did right. Only lost one and it sure wasn't for lack of effort - bothers me still.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by milespatton
Have some more cactus there pointy boots, you wear it well...

Hey windbag, why don't you go away and let the men talk. miles

Why is that Miley? Does that turn you girls on? Get your panties all in a wad, and start your pointy boots ta tapping on the sawdust? You clowns can say what you want... nobody knows what happened anyhow.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kudos to Bluefish for following up...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
nobody knows what happened anyhow.

Least of all you and your mouthy azz. miles

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WTF is it to you ? Where do you fit in here? Do you know what happened? NO... I think you could use a 5 gallon bucket of STFU.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Seriously....give it up dude.

You're starting to sound like the retarded kid at a house fire yelling "fire" after all the fire trucks got there. We're smiling and laughing but nobody thinks it's cute anymore.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Give what up? I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I didn't think much of your opinion, but i didn't bring insults about it. But if you wanna jump on the azzhole wagon you'll have to wait for an opening. DONE.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
But if you wanna jump on the azzhole wagon you'll have to wait for an opening.

With you on there, there will be no room left. miles

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
youu know what grandma always said. Groveys an AZZHOLE. rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by grovey
Give what up? I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I didn't think much of your opinion, but i didn't bring insults about it. But if you wanna jump on the azzhole wagon you'll have to wait for an opening. DONE.

Tzone is far from being an a$$hole, you on the other hand............

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1lesfox, 007FJ, 1badf350, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 47 invisible), 2,234 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,343
Posts18,506,168
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.