Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I have been reading about Hog Hunting with a 22 Mag and it seems quit common ! But if you get on a hunting forum and said you shot a Deer with a 22 mag >they come unglued, tell me why is this? Deer are way tuffer then HOGS??????I think not.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Might have something to do with deer being a game animal and it's illegal to shoot deer with rimfires. Hogs are vermin/non-game animals and don't have caliber restrictions.

It has nothing to do with which is tougher.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Really!!! > Hog is GooD> but deer are not> very strange!Talk.

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
A Hogs life is less then a Deer ! so you can kill a Hog with a 22 Mag . but not a Deer??????? very strange Talk!

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Just Because!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DFTT wink

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Because it's illegal to hunt deer with a rimfire. The only reason we hunt hogs with a 22 mag is because the regulations allow us to hunt hogs in management areas with guns and ammo legal for whatever season is open. During Squirrel season, we can hunt with a 22 mag so that makes hogs legal with that combo during the squirrel season in the management area.

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Is a Deer tougher then a Hog? I think a Hog would be harder to Kill?

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
and I have read the 22 mag does a dandy Job on Hogs!

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Im not talking if its legal or not !

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by bcd

Doesn't matter a [bleep] bit, retard. The law says you have to use a centerfire for deer. Got it?

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Not talking about legal but the killing power of the 22 mag!> Is a hog tuffer to kill then a deer? and the 22 mag seems to do a dandy job , so I take it a deer is tuffer to kill!

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Whats Legal> I killed a deer with a Hammer > is that legal?

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Was that centerfire hammer or rim fire Hammer> only my hair dresser knows for sure!

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
This is very Intro> > > just wanted to share some thoughts i had. i see a lot of people saying 22lr is too small of caliber for hunting med. size game. my family in central america hunt deer with 22lr(stinger ammo). no scopes, no stopped deer. dogs chasing at full sprint at about 200 yards. one shot gets the job done. they do have a different way of hunting in other countries, but no regulation on caliber. or the use of dogs. was they way my grandpa did it, the way my uncles did it. and i tell you they always came home with a deer. ohh and these deer aren't your california white tail size. there white tail with a mule deer size(big). last time i was up the i was 15 and the deer they caught was bigger than me

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
And I know for a fact > because I work with him, Hes a full blooded Indian from northern Alberta > they hunt moose with a 22 long and they say it works Well!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bcd

You think? Astounding stuff that. Your presentation of thoughts leads me to conclude there is something profoundly wrong with your circuits.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hogs actually evolved from deer. It's all very scientific.

After the last ice age, the deer found it hard to find food. The co-op stores and farmer's fields had been destroyed by the advancing (and then receding) sheets of ice. You have to remember that this was before 7-11s, so food wasn't as available as it is now.

Anyway, the evolution happened quite by accident. A tyrannosaurus rex bit the legs off a few deer when it was stalking a deer herd. The creatures didn't die because the soft, muddy ground dressed their wounds. What happened was they could no longer feed from the goober trees or forage for Weetabix. They had to dig around in the ground for food or die!

Over time, their musculature changed. Their neck muscles got very large from rooting around in the dirt. Their legs and trunks became thicker as well from being closer to prickly bushes and thistles. Their hides got tougher and the hair got darker for the most part. In effect, they became rooters and tuber foragers.

According to the Smitsonian, this evolution was complete about the time the Spanish made Plymouth Rock (that they subsequently left for the Brits to "find"). The conquistadors were practical jokers.

Anyhow, the Spanish headed off for California and Arizona to work in the service industry, leaving the Indians, John Smith and Jubilation T. Cornpone to hunt and eat pigs and deer - two species that came from a common ancestor.

I'm a full blooded Karaoke and do not need a license to hunt, but miss the days when I guided city dwellers for pigs.

The term "pig" is actually a short form for "Pigmy Deer", which makes sense because Americans sure like to use short forms for stuff. US of A, Pres. and Pat Pend. (I'm not sure of this last one. It might be a name.)

Anyway, now you know.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Hogs actually evolved from deer. It's all very scientific.

After the last ice age, the deer found it hard to find food. The co-op stores and farmer's fields had been destroyed by the advancing (and then receding) sheets of ice. You have to remember that this was before 7-11s, so food wasn't as available as it is now.

Anyway, the evolution happened quite by accident. A tyrannosaurus rex bit the legs off a few deer when it was stalking a deer herd. The creatures didn't die because the soft, muddy ground dressed their wounds. What happened was they could no longer feed from the goober trees or forage for Weetabix. They had to dig around in the ground for food or die!

Over time, their musculature changed. Their neck muscles got very large from rooting around in the dirt. Their legs and trunks became thicker as well from being closer to prickly bushes and thistles. Their hides got tougher and the hair got darker for the most part. In effect, they became rooters and tuber foragers.

According to the Smitsonian, this evolution was complete about the time the Spanish made Plymouth Rock (that they subsequently left for the Brits to "find"). The conquistadors were practical jokers.

Anyhow, the Spanish headed off for California and Arizona to work in the service industry, leaving the Indians, John Smith and Jubilation T. Conepone to hunt and eat pigs and deer - two species that came from a common ancestor.

I'm a full blooded Karaoke and do not need a license to hunt, but miss the days when I guided city dwellers for pigs.

The term "pig" is actually a short form for "Pigmy Deer", which makes sense because Americans sure like to use short forms for stuff. US of A, Pres. and Pat Pend. (I'm not sure of this last one. It might be a name.)

Anyway, now you know.

Priceless bthanks for that uplift

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I forgot he is just a useless troll.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 219 Wasp, 68 invisible), 2,742 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,927
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.