Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Edited
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
She signed up, she made it through Army basic training, and she served her country to the best of her ability on that day.
I mean, her vehicle crashed into the truck in front of it hard enough that it killed the other people in the truck. How da [bleep] would YOU be able to function with your bell rung like that?
This is very true, and real for everyone.

watch4bear, and other like thinking individuals, think about this for a minute before replying.

I spent close to 4 years in the middle east and am familiar with things a little more than avaerage. I have combat service and have opinions like everyone else. Mine differ a lot from people who have never seen combat, never served, and know more because of the internet than because of life experience.

I have seen big bad-assed men fail miserably when under fire. I've seen them crying like a little bitch. I've seen people who froze up, and have seen some of the most unlikey turn into ass kicking machines. It is each person unto thier own when the chips are down. And yes that includes women.

Women in the military and in combat will not go away. I do think they should be treated equally at every step of training in order to give them an equal chance in combat. They will after all face the same situation as men when in combat. There will be no reprieve for them. They will have a higher wash-out rate than men but that should prevent them from having a higher percentage of the casualties on the other end. I've seen both functional and non-functional women. If that meens one of every 100 fine. When they know what they will face is equal to the men there will be far fewer trying for that MOS. I'd have them train together from dawn to dusk. Humility may become an issue but it wouldn't take long for the cream to rise to the top. Even if it is but one. Done correctly I would be able to count on that one having my back. That isn't how it is now. Unfortunatly I've had men with me that shouldn't have made it through basic either. It's a tuff world, reality should be ok to dole out as needed.

By the way, one of the best snipers I worked with was an Israeli woman.

If you paint all with the same brush you're either an ignorant fck with no experience, or an internet expert.

Last edited by BigNate; 11/12/13.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

GB4

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bea175
Our enemy isn't stupid, maybe uneducated in book sense, but not War and they know the American Public can't handle seeing Americans dead,bleeding or mutilated on the News and they will use the Bodies of American Women as a propaganda tool to get the wimps of this country to demand American Soldiers to be pulled out and sent home. You must remember we aren't fighting a Soldier in uniform, we are fighting Rebels or Tribal Cults that have no scruples or even know what the Geneva Convention means. They are in it to win or die and most don't really care which.. If I was them, i would use this tactic against a domesticated enemy like the USA .
I'm aware of that and don't disagree. Everything I posted was true and didn't speak to what you are talking about here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BigNate
Edited
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
She signed up, she made it through Army basic training, and she served her country to the best of her ability on that day.
I mean, her vehicle crashed into the truck in front of it hard enough that it killed the other people in the truck. How da [bleep] would YOU be able to function with your bell rung like that?
This is very true, and real for everyone.

I spent close to 4 years in the middle east and am familiar with things a little more than avaerage. I have combat service and have opinions like everyone else. Mine differ a lot from people who have never seen combat, never served, and know more because of the internet than because of life experience.

I have seen big bad-assed men fail miserably when under fire. I've seen them crying like a little bitch. I've seen people who froze up, and have seen some of the most unlikey turn into ass kicking machines. It is each person unto thier own when the chips are down. And yes that includes women.

Women in the military and in combat will not go away. I do think they should be treated equally at every step of training in order to give them an equal chance in combat. They will after all face the same situation as men when in combat. There will be no reprieve for them. They will have a higher wash-out rate than men but that should prevent them from having a higher percentage of the casualties on the other end. I've seen both functional and non-functional women. If that meens one of every 100 fine. When they know what they will face is equal to the men there will be far fewer trying for that MOS. I'd have them train together from dawn to dusk. Humility may become an issue but it wouldn't take long for the cream to rise to the top. Even if it is but one. Done correctly I would be able to count on that one having my back. That isn't how it is now. Unfortunatly I've had men with me that shouldn't have made it through basic either. It's a tuff world, reality should be ok to dole out as needed.

By the way, one of the best snipers I worked with was an Israeli woman.

If you paint all with the same brush you're either an ignorant fck with no experience, or an internet expert.
I agree completely.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
When enough women get killed and mutilated then the public will demand a change until then, just live with it. Maybe the enemy will be confused when they capture enough Gay Soldiers and then sodomize them and they look around with a smile on their faces and ask them to do it again

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have seen big bad-assed men fail miserably when under fire. I've seen them crying like a little bitch. I've seen people who froze up, and have seen some of the most unlikey turn into ass kicking machines.

That is exactly what my son said.

Thanks for your service.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Paul39
I have seen big bad-assed men fail miserably when under fire. I've seen them crying like a little bitch. I've seen people who froze up, and have seen some of the most unlikey turn into ass kicking machines.

That is exactly what my son said.

Thanks for your service.

Paul
Plus one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When enough women get killed and mutilated then the public will demand a change until then, just live with it. Maybe the enemy will be confused when they capture enough Gay Soldiers and then sodomize them and they look around with a smile on their faces and ask them to do it again
The Dune Coons are not averse to raping men whether they are gay or not, that is for sure, so Jessica didn't endure things that some men haven't had to on that score either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It seems this situation should speak to the power of prayer to protect her.

Jim

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
It seems this situation should speak to the power of prayer to protect her.

Jim
Contrary to popular belief there is no power in prayer. The power resides with God Whom most people in this country pray to. He does what He sees fit to according to His own ways. Every knee shall bend...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Nope, not saying that at all. Audy Murphy was all of 5'3" tall. It is the introduction of the cultural and biologic dynamics females bring into a group or social entity. EVERYTHING changes. As far as the physical goes, those standards, along with verbal "hazing" and psychological weeding out men went through as part of the "culling" process, all had to be downscaled in order for even 1% of females to make it through. Nature and life have a way of balancing out and believe me, had women had something to offer in order to turn the course of battle, the likes of Tsun Tzu & Clausewitz (to name just two) would have included them in their calculus. Nope, they need to stay home and away from ANY of the Marshall professions.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Edited [quote=Triggernosis]

"Internet expert" here. I also worked on a PSD detail in Iraq. As a retired 18D, I was considered handy to have around but I was hired as a shooter. The company that I worked for did not hire medics, we were a sub-contractor. Our parent org hired the medics. Some dumbshidt decided to hire a female paramedic. Of course, no one wanted her lard ass, so they stuck her on my team, since they knew I could carry her slack azz.

Two weeks after she got there, the team ldr and one other team member were near fisticuffs over who was gonna pork her. Bad juju all around.

Do you think SFQC and Ranger should be open to females? Yes or no.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Nope, not saying that at all. Audy Murphy was all of 5'3" tall. It is the introduction of the cultural and biologic dynamics females bring into a group or social entity. EVERYTHING changes. As far as the physical goes, those standards, along with verbal "hazing" and psychological weeding out men went through as part of the "culling" process, all had to be downscaled in order for even 1% of females to make it through. Nature and life have a way of balancing out and believe me, had women had something to offer in order to turn the course of battle, the likes of Tsun Tzu & Clausewitz (to name just two) would have included them in their calculus. Nope, they need to stay home and away from ANY of the Marshall professions.
Nothing in my posts spoke to that. My posts were only about objective aspects of females serving and by and large I don't think they should, as I stated.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Two weeks after she got there, the team ldr and one other team member were near fisticuffs over who was gonna pork her.
lmao

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by watch4bear
You are an ignorant kkunt. If they were captured, how the [bleep] do you know what went down? Did her ask her friends?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Piestewa

No, go [bleep] yourself moron. Women can't fight. End of story. Yes, they can pilot a jet and pull a lanyard on a howitzer. But they aren't built for close quarters, infantry style combat. Its not my fault they don't have testosterone, you dick wad and its testosterone that makes all the difference. Don't believe me? Research it.

You have a daughter in the military? Is that your beef? Lay your cards on the table before you start talking schitt.

Jordan

There's a lot more to flying in combat that moving the stick and throttles. They don't belong there either..

I will happily defer to your judgment on that issue. I've always been opposed to women piloting combat aircraft for the same reason as women in infantry combat, but I assumed the gender differences were not as great when it came to flying. I am happy to be wrong on that issue.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You can make all the excuses in the world, but women or your daughters on the front line is a mistake and another politically incorrect blunder. For every one woman who can really handle combat as well as a man 100 more can't . If you want you daughters used as a political ploy for the Politicians then i hope she enjoys the free sex she will get from the Ragheads when she gives up like Lynch without firing a shot. Some people say she wasn't able to fight after being in a auto wreck , but i don't really believe that, since by her own admission , i racked the bolt on the M16 and that is when it jammed. If she was able minded enough to grasp her weapon and charge it or try charging it , then that alone goes to her state of mind . She was like most women and some men , scared chitless and it was easier for to give up and pray than to fight . Maybe we would have done the same thing, but will never know , because we wern't there. Don't get me wrong , women have their places in the Military , just not on the Front Lines as a Combat Soldier. Women on the Front Line is just one more thing the males soldier has to worry about and this alone will get more people killed.

Nailed it. (Not the female soldier; nailed the issue). smile

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by watch4bear
You are an ignorant kkunt. If they were captured, how the [bleep] do you know what went down? Did her ask her friends?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Piestewa

No, go [bleep] yourself moron. Women can't fight. End of story. Yes, they can pilot a jet and pull a lanyard on a howitzer. But they aren't built for close quarters, infantry style combat. Its not my fault they don't have testosterone, you dick wad and its testosterone that makes all the difference. Don't believe me? Research it.

You have a daughter in the military? Is that your beef? Lay your cards on the table before you start talking schitt.

Jordan

That gal did more to serve this country than you ever did. You are nothing but a coward.

Name call is a poor excuse for argument Calvin. No one is disputing Lynch's suffering or sacrifice. That is not the issue. The issue is whether she should have been there in the first place.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Edited [quote=Triggernosis]

"Internet expert" here. I also worked on a PSD detail in Iraq. As a retired 18D, I was considered handy to have around but I was hired as a shooter. The company that I worked for did not hire medics, we were a sub-contractor. Our parent org hired the medics. Some dumbshidt decided to hire a female paramedic. Of course, no one wanted her lard ass, so they stuck her on my team, since they knew I could carry her slack azz.

Two weeks after she got there, the team ldr and one other team member were near fisticuffs over who was gonna pork her. Bad juju all around.

Do you think SFQC and Ranger should be open to females? Yes or no.

Seals and Special Forces for women? No and Hell no!!

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
To many who voted to put women on the front line must have watched the movie GI Jane before voting.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I won't ever advocate for putting women in combat. It does complicate everything but the equal opportunity thing won't go away.

What I'm saying is put the standards back to what they were. I think the mental abuse, physical abuse, and rough treatment is but a taste of what dealing with combat is. Treat EVERY candidate equally. The weak in mind and body will fall out. It works. If the confidence course can't be passed then they won't be able to handle climbing a mud wall either. Should a woman desire combat she would have the opportunity before her as any male would have. If she made it through the training with equal treatment she would be as reliable as any male.

Nobody knows how they'll react to things they've not experienced. Explosions, IED's, shellings, sniper fire, death, blown off limbs, etc. all have an effect.

I'm ok with equal treatment, equal standards for all. I'm not ok with special treatment so they can "pass the course".

There are women that would make it I think. Not many but some.

bea175 - GI Jane! LOL!

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

There are women that would make it I think. Not many but some.

Which isn't the point at all. The US military is not a goddam Outward [bleep] Bound program. It exists to "protect and defend". EVERYWHERE that females exist in military units they cause more [bleep] problems than they are worth. Hardship duty assignments exacerbate this. Ask any 1st Sgt of a medical company.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,904
Posts18,479,364
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.