Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Walmart don't help either.

Don't matter how fat your ass gets, you can go down to Walmart and buy a pair of britches that'll fit it for 10 damn dollars.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Very interesting thread.

I never had an ass or hips to hold up a belt with any weight on it. Now that the belly is pushing down harder than the hips and butt are pushing up, the situation ain't improving.

I am looking for a (regular belt in the belt loops) belt/spenders combination in which the suspenders actually lock into the belt, for the carrying of a large frame revolver on a belt holster.

I have been considering having something custom built which would attach to a good leather belt just at the front and back of the right hip and cross over the left shoulder. It might or might not have a dozen or so cartridge loops to fit a 41 mag.

Any thoughts?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Walmart don't help either.

Don't matter how fat your ass gets, you can go down to Walmart and buy a pair of britches that'll fit it for 10 damn dollars.

ROFLMAO

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by acooper1983
lol. you fellers need to grow an ass :-D. I like nice heavy belts. duluth tradings ultimate belt is a great belt for work/daily/concealed carry. Takes a few weeks to break in properly though.

I don't see an "Ultimate belt" at the Duluth website.

Are you referring to the "Lifetime belt"? Or perhaps the "Beefy leather belt" made of harness leather??

I REALLY want to find a decent belt which will not stretch two inches or become mis-shapen within two months.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I think about suspenders, Bob Beckel comes to mind.

I'll have nothing to do with em.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bristoe . . . enough of your braggin'

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
John Wayne once said, "Never trust a man who won't trust his own belt".

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Didn't used to be much of an issue to knock off 20 lbs,...but once ya hit 50 years old,..you got to eat less than your skinny ass cat to take off any weight.

Funny, I eat like any other normal person does, and because of "messed up hormones" I have gone down three pant sizes in just about 12 weeks, Doctor is not a happy camper, and I am a little scared, can't afford to lose weight like this, but he can't seem to get it under control, and I am a ripe 52 years old. I bought new jeans about 10 days ago, and they are sliding down every time I move, maybe it's just a woman thing, maybe I need suspenders, that might just be an idea wink

Last edited by Miss Lynn; 11/16/13. Reason: left something out
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Pete E.....
I believe that the single most terrible thing to happen to men was the invention of pantyhose! There is just something very special about stockings and a garter belt!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have a set on my duty belt and man does it make a difference

I use them in conjunction with a belt on my hunting pants. And have no complaints. I akso use a light duty set of dress suspender hooked to my heavy long underwear. And that really helps too.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by acooper1983
lol. you fellers need to grow an ass :-D. I like nice heavy belts. duluth tradings ultimate belt is a great belt for work/daily/concealed carry. Takes a few weeks to break in properly though.

I don't see an "Ultimate belt" at the Duluth website.

Are you referring to the "Lifetime belt"? Or perhaps the "Beefy leather belt" made of harness leather??

I REALLY want to find a decent belt which will not stretch two inches or become mis-shapen within two months.

Crossbreed holsters makes a goodnheavy belt with abthin kydex stiffener in the middle. Mine is almost teo years old and has held up great

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Who has a "belly" and uses suspenders?
whistle a guy needs a shed with a nice roof for his "tool" don't he????

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by atvalaska

Just make sure the roof doesn't sag so much that you can't get the tractor out.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Didn't used to be much of an issue to knock off 20 lbs,...but once ya hit 50 years old,..you got to eat less than your skinny ass cat to take off any weight.

Funny, I eat like any other normal person does, and because of "messed up hormones" I have gone down three pant sizes in just about 12 weeks, Doctor is not a happy camper, he can't seem to get it under control, and I am a ripe 52 years old. I bought new jeans about 10 days ago, and they are sliding down every time I move, maybe it's just a woman thing, maybe I need suspenders, that might just be an idea wink
miss lynn blush I'd chase u over a 5 wire fence......if'in I had a good pair of suspenders to keep me britches up grin

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by atvalaska

Just make sure the roof doesn't sag so much that you can't get the tractor out.
lol!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Very interesting thread.

I never had an ass or hips to hold up a belt with any weight on it. Now that the belly is pushing down harder than the hips and butt are pushing up, the situation ain't improving.

I am looking for a (regular belt in the belt loops) belt/spenders combination in which the suspenders actually lock into the belt, for the carrying of a large frame revolver on a belt holster.

I have been considering having something custom built which would attach to a good leather belt just at the front and back of the right hip and cross over the left shoulder. It might or might not have a dozen or so cartridge loops to fit a 41 mag.

Any thoughts?

Again I suggest Hickman Saddlery. They make an excellent belt loop suspender.

[Linked Image]

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lngrng
Pete E.....
I believe that the single most terrible thing to happen to men was the invention of pantyhose! There is just something very special about stockings and a garter belt!

Actually, pantyhose was invented by men for men. And I'm not talking about what women wear today.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Bring the lube.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
u seen this then> Where the professor on gilligan's island invents panty hose....only to hear a guy on there radio in a news broadcast take the prize ...classic!!!

Last edited by atvalaska; 11/16/13.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pira114
I actually wear both. Dickies makes a good set of suspenders that hook onto your belt.

I started with them for hiking and hunting, and now wear them most anytime I'm wearing jeans.

It's very comfortable. Belt can be a tad looser while the suspenders keep everything up where it belongs.

Definitely not classy though. They're for "work" or very casual dress. I don't like my jeans to fit tight. Especially when hunting. I have big legs and a bit of a gut. So comfortable jeans, slightly loose belt, and Dickies suspenders. Perfect combo for comfort. I don't care about style at all.

Walmart had them for about $10.

this
norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,663 guests, and 1,389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,213
Posts18,485,479
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.