Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Magical bedding blocks and claiming Leupold does not have serious issues with their tracking are a couple of the big reasons to put those two on ignore, I won't even get into the ethical hunting issues.

Oh no PG is gonna put me and Rick on ignore. crazy shocked laugh laugh laugh

Cool Beans. laugh

I didn't realize PG loved me so much blush

Here's a couple more pics for him to use as Screen Savers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh, my Co-Stars were all dialed and shot with Leupolds. Usually the ones that have "tracking issues" belong to guys who can't figure out how to come up with an accurate drop chart or what the little marks on the knobs mean.

Sorry to inform PG that the dogs weren't swimming across a tank at the time. shocked

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
thanks John!

DW

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Oh, my Co-Stars were all dialed and shot with Leupolds. Usually the ones that have "tracking issues" belong to guys who can't figure out how to come up with an accurate drop chart or what the little marks on the knobs mean.

Ha! Yeah, like the US military? There's a reason everybody quit (or are trying to get rid of) the Mark 4s. They suck.

Anyway, I'm done with this knob job convention. PEACE.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ah, the Ole Pretend Ignore!

LOL!

P.S.
Please send unwanted Leupolds to:

rcamuglia
69 Iwannabangahoe Lane
World Headquarters, 8675309

Or PM me. smile

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Shod Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Ah, the Ole Pretend Ignore!

LOL!

P.S.
Please send unwanted Leupolds to:

rcamuglia
69 Iwannabangahoe Lane
World Headquarters, 8675309

Or PM me. smile

laugh laugh laugh Now that there was funny.

And I'm trying to figure out how in the world he keeps responding to you and John when its obvious he has you two on ignore? crazy

Shod

Last edited by Shod; 11/18/13.
IC B2

S
Shod Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Rcmuglia, I do a lot of steep mountain type hunting sometimes with some pretty long hikes. I have one long range rifle but it's a bit heavy for my mountain treks. I'm planning on putting together something lighter and thought perhaps I could ask your opinion or Johns?

I was thinking of going with a tikka?
Also which 1" tube leupold would be the best candidate?
I won't be shooting past 700 to 800 yds and most likely may even be less.

I'd just like to get something set up and ready for next year.

Could either of you fellas help steer me in the right direction?

Shod

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Check out Shane Mahoney's article in the latest Sports Afield. Dunno whether Diana Rupp and the publishers agree with him, but Mahoney has clearly drawn a line in the sand.

I believe most of us will agree that some self-policing is in order......

I was hoarding when hoarding wasn't cool.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
So who is Shane Mahoney, and what is his opinion?
A short summay, please.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dawaba
Check out Shane Mahoney's article in the latest Sports Afield. Dunno whether Diana Rupp and the publishers agree with him, but Mahoney has clearly drawn a line in the sand.

I believe most of us will agree that some self-policing is in order......

When they police all the short range non shooters who flock shoot for guts I will be all for someone policing me. Until then they can GFT

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sports Afield ain't much of a real magazine, IMHO, but then not seeing the article, hard for me to comment.

I am 110% with Eddy though.... gomers cause more issues BY FAR.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I just read his article. Two points-

The first is that he is not arguing about taking long shots while HUNTING per se, but rather setting up specifically ONLY for an extreme range shot. And I agree.

The second point is that while I agree with his premise, the "ethics" and opinions of hunting by those who use guides to hunt when not required by law, hold about as much weight as someone who utilizes prostitutes trying to educate me about love.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
At some point technology has stop. At least for hunting. Right now making mid to long range shots consistently still takes an incredible amount of dedication, practice and knowledge. However we are on the brink of technology that will eliminate that skill. In fact it's here. When it makes it to the open market it will be just shooting.

Before anyone thinks I'm being hypercritical, it is close enough right now that I would be ok with states banning all electronic devices save gps and cell phones for emergencies.....

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yeah..... we definitely need more game laws....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
At some point technology has stop. At least for hunting. Right now making mid to long range shots consistently still takes an incredible amount of dedication, practice and knowledge. However we are on the brink of technology that will eliminate that skill. In fact it's here. When it makes it to the open market it will be just shooting.

Before anyone thinks I'm being hypercritical, it is close enough right now that I would be ok with states banning all electronic devices save gps and cell phones for emergencies.....

100 [bleep] % agreed.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
However we are on the brink of technology that will eliminate that skill. In fact it's here. When it makes it to the open market it will be just shooting.

"Just shooting" will still be over most heads, apart from bipod prone, maybe. Most don't even know how to assume other positions with a rifle, much less shoot from them. Every time I bring up a Ching or TAB Gear sling the typical reply post is "WTF do you need that thing for?".

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Yeah..... we definitely need more game laws....

I am the king of .gov getting out of my life and believe in that more than anyone you know. Of that I can assure you. But if you doubt what I said then you simply don't know what is coming. I really, really hope that as a culture we reject it outright, however from what I'm seeing most will treat it as the next coming of Jesus simply because they are lazy and inept.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

"Just shooting" will still be over most heads, apart from bipod prone, maybe.

Negative. I will stay with open source info, but what if I told you that with zero instruction other than push this button then this one, a 6 year old girl who has never shot in her life will repeatedly make shots to the supersonic range from ANY POSITION? ALL factors automatically accounted for with realtime updates?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
However we are on the brink of technology that will eliminate that skill. In fact it's here. When it makes it to the open market it will be just shooting.

"Just shooting" will still be over most heads, apart from bipod prone, maybe. Most don't even know how to assume other positions with a rifle, much less shoot from them. Every time I bring up a Ching or TAB Gear sling the typical reply post is "WTF do you need that thing for?".

I could see them questioning the slings, especially when a standard sling will do things just fine.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I just read his article. Two points-

The first is that he is not arguing about taking long shots while HUNTING per se, but rather setting up specifically ONLY for an extreme range shot. And I agree.

The second point is that while I agree with his premise, the "ethics" and opinions of hunting by those who use guides to hunt when not required by law, hold about as much weight as someone who utilizes prostitutes trying to educate me about love.

Whats wrong with setting up for longer shots only? Prevents spooking the game up close and many other things. And since its legal, and if you have the ability..... I mean its NO different than choosing to set up for bow only with close in shots, where the sound gets to the animal 3 times faster than the arrow and you have a GREAT chance of never actually hitting exactly where you are aiming anyway....

And I AM a bowhunter also.

This chit of telling others how to do it gets REALLY flipping old.

That being said I rarely set up for ONLY long shots, but I typically set up such that my average shot will not be closer than 150-250 yards so I DON"T alert the deer by any means.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by rost495

I could see them questioning the slings, especially when a standard sling will do things just fine.

So, you just shot hasty sling to get that Prez/100 tab? Right? Loop slings are silly, right?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Formid

Can you expand on this? Not sure what you mean

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 38 invisible), 13,826 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,225
Posts18,543,917
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.