Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ignore here to. Total bull hit.

Pretty sure I've had good deals with the seller before to.

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
Bushing die that will work with the 7mm Mashburn Super
A couple Glock 42 380ACP mags
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
low rent as it gets....

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Grand
Great deal there.

Evidently, too good of a deal for Keith.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guys, JustOneGunner is my son, and I'm very disappointed at him for going back on this deal. A man's only as good as his word. I can't make this right, but I have talked to him about this. I wish there was more I could do, but I guess he's just going to have to take his lumps. Hopefully he at least gets on here and apologizes for his lapse in judgement.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Guys, JustOneGunner is my son, and I'm very disappointed at him for going back on this deal. A man's only as good as his word. I can't make this right, but I have talked to him about this. I wish there was more I could do, but I guess he's just going to have to take his lumps. Hopefully he at least gets on here and apologizes for his lapse in judgement.
Well said dad.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Well, he can apologize to the original buyer but unfortunately the damage has been done and it's gonna be hard for people to trust him.

You sound like a very standup guy and I give you kudos for making him deal with the problems he has caused for himself. In my opinion there is not enough of parents making their children accountable for their actions in today's society. And yes, I have three children of my own before anyone asks. I make them be accountable and take their lumps. To me that is how one learns to survive in this world and still be a stand up citizen. But, I don't wanna get started on that. Lol.

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought about apologizing for him, but I just can't go that far. He needs to pull up his big boy pants and deal with this like a man. I just couldn't screw a 'Fire member like this. He really needs to get on here and apologize.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Another one goes on ignore....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the 2nd buyer had any hair on his azz, he could help make it right...pretty sure he's low rent.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought about apologizing for him, but I just can't go that far. He needs to pull up his big boy pants and deal with this like a man. I just couldn't screw a 'Fire member like this. He really needs to get on here and apologize.

We've all made mistakes and had lapses in judgmement, especially in our younger years. We likely all have a decision or two we aren't proud of and wish we could make over again. I know of one instance in particular where I chose poorly. While I still regret that decision and can't make it right, it soon stood out in my mind as an event that I didn't want to repeat, and I decided then that my name and reputation were worth more to me than always coming out on top. As they say, it's not if you screw up, but when you screw up, and what really matters is what you do afterwards.....

Now with even more aplomb
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

It isn't your place to give apologies for lapse of judgement on your sons parts. He made a decision to put a extra few dollars over his honor and if he can live with it , then so be it. This will cost him a lot of sales on this forum in the long run. When you make a deal good or bad you stick with it. I'm sure he is a great son, but he should have been more like his Father . Maybe he will see what he did wrong in this transaction and try to make amends for it. I like a man who will stand up for his family, you are a good Father .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

the Bible says that through the mouth, the heart speaks, and also that you shall know a tree by the fruit it bears, and I think both apply here towards JustOneGunner

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
gophergunner and i have spoken and i hope no one holds any ill feeling toward him. if anything, we could pray that his son listens to his fathers advice.

ked

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 12/13/13.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, Keith

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gopher... You Sir are a good man...

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have a great deal of respect for GG, and am proud to call him a friend, despite our never having yet met. This summer we're going to change that, as I'll be hosting him in my home for a well-deserved and long overdue fishing trip. I know he's a dedicated husband and father, and friend. I also know he's shamed by his son's actions here, and taught his son better than how he handled this deal.

You don't know me, JOG, but I hope you do the right thing. You're young, and made a big error in judgment. All men make mistakes, especially when they're still wet behind the ears. True, money sometimes, especially during desperate times, can cloud the vision of good men. But good men will recognize errors and if at all possible, will make them right. The right thing to do here is obvious, and it's not too late. Do the right thing, kid. A man's word is his bond.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As always Leighton, thank you sir.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
You call me sir again, brother, and we're gonna' have words when I grab you at Logan. I'm serious.

L

P.S. You got it. wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have an opposite view for a five year member. If he was truly in a financial bind and badly needed the money, I'd accept him backing out of the deal. I wouldn't approve, but I would understand, especially if he has children.

If this is the only bad mark against the man, I'd say put it behind us and carry on.

My .02

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I don't care if he was member 001, and was 699 years old. A business agreement like this one is no different than taking an oath, taking a vow, giving your word or making a promise. There was no stipulation/clause involving backing out of the sale should a better offer be made. A man's word is his bond. Case closed.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 52 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,099
Posts18,502,075
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.