Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
NOSLER PARTITIONS!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
There something for everyone.

Problem solved. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I was quoting the Bible, not Rome.

Now I'm confused. If God is the light and Lucifer is the light how can that be?

If you are quoting the Bible and it's not the Roman one (Catholic) which Bible are you quoting from?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BarryC
Still waiting to read what you get out of Freemasonry that you can't/don't get out of Rotary Club, Elks, VFW or chambers of commerce or whatever.

Am I wrong in thinking that it is just like a lot of other orgs only with a layer of pomp & secrecy?

I'm asking you here, I'm not making accusations.

ETA: They include secrecy and then wonder why everyone assumes the worst. crazy

I will say only a couple things here to this

It is an invite only club.

You will be investigated and questined at your home before you can join

Any time I need to make a large purchase or get my house worked on or car. Do you think I use Joe Smoe?
I use a lodge brother .

Like I said 98 pages ago

Free = born to freedom.....not a slave or convict
Mason= craftsman stoneworker.....skilled labor

The original labor union that created the traveling journeyman tradesman

Instead of a union card we have our secret symbols to denote rank and our sayings and handshack's to prove who we are

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Penguin
You're quite welcome. I just hope it wasn't too long winded... the post kind of got away from me. smile

Will

Just one more question. Did you check out Rotary Club Intl?

If so, what was the difference?

I appreciate your sincere answers, even if they are too wordy for the peanut gallery. grin

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by derby_dude

If you are quoting the Bible and it's not the Roman one (Catholic) which Bible are you quoting from?

The weird and wacky tome of hawkeye!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I would say it was not the intent of the Bible to be agreeable with anyone, nor was it formed for the purpose of providing fellowship, which can be found in fraternities, websites, clubs, bars and whorehouses.

Last edited by eyeball; 12/13/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Penguin
You're quite welcome. I just hope it wasn't too long winded... the post kind of got away from me. smile

Will

Just one more question. Did you check out Rotary Club Intl?

If so, what was the difference?

I appreciate your sincere answers, even if they are too wordy for the peanut gallery. grin

No I didn't. At least not to the extent that I did some other avenues. I did have a close friend at the time who was big into this organization though and she really loved it. A high quality person too and if she is any indication of the quality of their membership then they are well staffed.

As far as I could discern Masonic philosophy is kind of unique. "The brotherhood of men under the fathership of God" is kind of a unique way to look at such a grouping of disparate members.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
DD,

"Now I'm confused. If God is the light and Lucifer is the light how can that be?

"

Nah, God (Jesus) is the light, truth and the way and Satan APPEARS as angel of light, pretending to be "good" to deceive people and to prevent them from finding the truth. The old "bait and switch."

Wanna send this thread in the direction of how satan appears? We'll be good for another hundred pages.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That was a very honest and informative post, free of ego. Thanks for that.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Problem solved. smile

Don't forget:

270 Win sucks & 30-06 rules.

And for the loony in us all... If you have a 30-06 you have no need whatsoever for a 338-06.

There; we can go another 100 pgs now that JStuart & TRH quit their dialog it may have taken some work w/o our efforts here, Tom wink .

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Problem solved. smile

Don't forget:

270 Win sucks & 30-06 rules.

And for the loony in us all... If you have a 30-06 you have no need whatsoever for a 338-06.

There; we can go another 100 pgs now that JStuart & TRH quit their dialog it may have taken some work w/o our efforts here, Tom wink .

A .30/06, when shooting Nosler Partitions, rules.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys better quit.

You'll be accused of being Mason's trying to change the subject to conceal your devil worship.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still waiting to read what you get out of Freemasonry that you can't/don't get out of Rotary Club, Elks, VFW or chambers of commerce or whatever.

Am I wrong in thinking that it is just like a lot of other orgs only with a layer of pomp & secrecy?

I'm asking you here, I'm not making accusations.

ETA: They include secrecy and then wonder why everyone assumes the worst. crazy

I believe you're correct in saying that it's similar to other organizations that have pomp, ceremonies, and secrecy. I'm sure that some get off on that aspect but for others it may or may not be a part of what they find appealing.

I said it in an earlier post but I think individuals are able to find compatibility with their belief in Christianity and being a Mason. Logic dictates this. Many truly great men, and you can find many examples, would not have tolerated being a member of a satanistc cult. To say that as you rise up through the ranks as a man that believes in God, family, country and then alakazam you're a devil worshiper is ludicrous.

I'm not a Mason so I can't give you the inside skinny. My only first hand knowledge of Masons comes from what my father said and did throughout his life.

He liked the fact that the Masons were not just a drinking club like other fraternities and he mentioned this many times. He never expounded on the virtues of being a Mason but he was proud to be one and had a great deal of respect for his fellow members. When I was kid and we traveled cross country he always found a found a "friend" to answer questions about fishing (for example) and they always seemed to help.

I have no idea if being a Mason shaped his life in any way but I know it was compatible with his beliefs. He was very strong willed man and would never compromise his values or moral integrity.

Long before he became a Mason he served his country as volunteer in the Merchant Marines during WWII. He had a profound love of country and nearly made the ultimate sacrifice when his ship was torpedoed at night off the coast of Scotland. Most of his shipmates died that night but it didn't deter him from volunteering again for two more journeys across the Pacific.

About the time I was moving out of Cub Scouts and on to Boy scouts my dad volunteered to become Cubmaster. He stayed on long after I left the pack and until somebody else could take over.

He always brought his Masonic bible to church on Sundays.

Being a Mason was only a part of who he was. If you could ask my father what he "was" I'm sure he'd say a hunter and fisherman long before saying he was a Mason. Those were his true passions in life and the gift he passed onto me.

This is a brief summation of my father's life but I hope it gives you some insight on what kind of man he was. My father was a not a devil worshiper and in my eyes he was a very honorable man.

I find it offensive that so many paint all Masons with such a broad brush. It's not right.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I'm glad there are so many here who spoke up about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I forgot.

Dad had a semi custom FN M98 in 30-06 and an A-5 12 gauge and he was wicked good with both.

grin

Last edited by fish head; 12/13/13.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by fish head
I forgot.

Dad had a FN M98 in 30-06

You said he was a good man.

Having said that, this is just redundant.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by fish head
I forgot.

Dad had a FN M98 in 30-06

You said he was a good man.

Having said that, this is just redundant.

Sorry. blush

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

There's true light (God), and then there's Satan, who can appear to be an angel of light. The key words there are true and appear.

For a Biblical reference to the true light, read the first chapter of the Gospel of John. For a Biblical reference to the fallen angel Lucifer who can appear to be an angel of light, read Second Corinthians 11:14.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART

The weird and wacky tome of hawkeye!
What a blessing to be ridiculed for Christ's sake. Thank you.

Page 53 of 67 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (1lessdog, 160user, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 65 invisible), 2,243 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,838
Posts18,496,789
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.