Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Very nice photos!! Beautiful country.. Thanks..

Molon Labe
GB1

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Went up to Riverton last Sunday so my grandson could hunt with an old friend and his 10yr. old grandson. That little guy was doing good on doves. My bud shot 1, his grandson and mine both got 6 apiece. My grandson upped his hit ratio only shooting 2 1/2 boxes of shells. Everyone had a great time.

W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Have been trying to get some photos on the site.. I will see what comes up if any thing.. We were grouse hunting and bagged a limit this am.. [URL=http://

Molon Labe
W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Well, I will have to try ag[Linked Image]ain.. sorry.

There are more phots here that I planned on, but forgive a beginner.. We were out this a.m. and bagged a limit of blue grouse.. Used the old 870 12g. and RST 1oz. of 5's.. Kate was joyful.. When we got home, I let Peach out to see the bag.. Kate ran over and nosed the grouse as if to say, see what I did!! Poor Peach..

Molon Labe
W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Another shot!![Linked Image]

Molon Labe
IC B2

W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Peach with her cast from the accident.

[Linked Image]

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just got back from a couple hour walk today. Dogs did excellent shot 3 Sharpies and 1 hun all pointed birds. At one point had the 3 year old locked up on a group of huns so walked over and flushed them and shot one bird then went over to my 1 year old dog that had been on point the entire time and flushed a big group of sharpies. One of those hunts you won't forget. I didn't shoot that well, but I'm just saving those ones for later. smile

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I didn't make it out last weekend, but we picked up a dozen on the opener.

[Linked Image]

I think GuNR had fun as well.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm biding my time til Sept 21st...

W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Gunner looks like he always has fun.. Nice photos.. I must get mine in order..

JWP I don't know if you are going for ducks/geese or sage grouse.. But we have seen very few sage grouse this summer and fall.. Hope thinks look better in the area you are headed to..
We will probably spend the opener hunting deer in the western mts. but should work in a hunt for sage grouse mid morning..Will be home 23rd for the vet to check my dog, then will hunt sage grouse and blues the rest of the week.. Maybe an antelope or two.. I think antelope opens this weekend..

Molon Labe
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Sage boomers. I wont be in carbon county, lets just put it that way. But who knows, I still have an elk tag in my pocket, so I might be doing that.

Of course Co. Ptarmigan does open on the 14th.....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Did a little Dove yesterday. Arrived and the rain decided to visit. Again, enough already.

Anyway, not many about, but finally one passed. Missed with the first shot out of the new Ithaca Model 37 28gauge. Did better on the second one, but hit him hard.
Toby had to dig him out of a waist high thorny hedge row. He must have tried to bite the Tob, so he was retrieved headless.

Would have taken a pic, but a soggy headless Dove doesn't give one much to work with.

That little 28 with Mod and 3/4ounce of 7.5s just puffed that Dove at around 30yards. Impressive it was.

Last edited by battue; 09/14/13.

laissez les bons temps rouler
W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
On our tour this am, we spotted a couple doves.. Kate and I slipped up on them and at the flush, I killed one then swung on the other and dropped it with a long shot.. Kate picked up the first, and we looked for the second.. She spotted it, and lunged to pick it up, but the thing got airborne! It was flying low, so a second shot was not in the cards.. It managed to get off into the creek bottom out of sight.. But I used my old 870 12 and trap loads..
That little 28 sounds like it will be loads of fun.. I really must shoot mine a bit more.. I bought 2 flats of shells plus some other boxes at various times.. For three or four years, it was my blue grouse gun.. Then I got to fooling with other shotguns, and it slid to the back of the safe.. We are leaving for a deer hunt up north Monday after Peach's app. I think I put the 28 and some shells in the camper.. There are some nice ruffed grouse spots in that country.. Keep hunting.. Life is short..

Molon Labe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Our dove season opened a few weeks ago but I have only got to go 1 time. I saw 3 and killed 2. Our early woodduck/teal season opened on the 14th and closes today. I went this past weekend and despite the low number of woodies seen I got my limit of 2 both days. The first day is always better, the second day they fly higher and a lot of them don't fly over the river but they fly over land on the side you can't set up on due to the sun in your face. All in all its been good 6 birds with 9 shells. I wish I had some vacation time I would be out there today.

After today so gamebird seasons are opened so I will get back on pigeons and crows. I love wingshooting.

Last edited by seal_billy; 09/18/13. Reason: cause I kant speel

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did a short Grouse camp Thurs and Fri.
Got two Ruffs Thurs
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

WE went up in the high country for Blues Fri but no birds.
A nice day with my little Shorthair in some mighty fine country though so no complaints..
[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice country.. Good shooting on those ruffs.. We saw one on our trip north, and it escaped.. No shorthair photos?? I thought both of your pups were curs???

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No,,, 2 shorthairs and 1 cur. (my other cur died)
I left the cur and my old shorthair home since we were only going overnight.

Sorry bout the lack of dog pix but I couldn't get her to pose for me and my buddy wasn't back to camp yet so I snapped a couple of quick pix and got those birds cleaned. I like to get em cooled down as quick as I can.

W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Sorry about the loss of your other cur dog.. Those ruffs are too good to let spoil.. Give the dogs a treat.. and thanks for the show...

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last Sunday I found a few sharpies. I got a nice triple with the double and GuNR did his job well.
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You guys have some real nice pics.

Was anxious to get out this weekend with some kids for a two day Youth Season, but my Draht pup bruised a bone in his front right leg and its not healing very quickly. Has pretty much full use but will be lame in short order. Was expecting much more progress than what I'm seeing.

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

265 members (160user, 12344mag, 21, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 31 invisible), 1,723 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,452
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.