Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Wow, these are awesome! PM Sent for payment details.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like you tapped into a niche here Todd. Thinking you are going to be backed up with orders fairly quickly.

Badass old school stuff never goes out of style.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Frog,

I'd like four (4), all flame colored. Please PM your mailing address and my total cost shipped to Houston, Texas. I will send you a check. You can wait until it clears your bank before shipping.

Nice work!

Oh, and Merry Christmas!! grin

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Wow!
Merry Christmas everyone! I'm just getting back from being unplugged for a few days, and answering all PM's.

I'm quite shocked at the response I've got here on the 'Fire for these bottle openers!

I'll be working my way through the lengthy order list, so please be patient as I go.
I'm not a production shop and do this on my free nights/weekends.
This is the extent of my irownork forging "shop" in the corner of my overly-filled garage:
[Linked Image]

But I do work out there in just about any conditions:
[Linked Image]

I get asked about doing other things as well, here's a few of the latest projects besides bottle openers and fire pokers.
Everything is all metal:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So I'll be a very busy guy working on bottle openers for the next several weeks working my way down the list.
I'll will send you a note when your opener is shipping out.
Thanks all! smile

Last edited by BlackFrog; 12/26/13.
J
J
Do any metal artwork of dogs? I'm always looking for cool black lab stuff.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I haven't tried it, but I don't think it would be much different.
If you have an idea or design, let me know.
I did the duck scene from seeing something similar on a truck window decal.... smile

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Just letting people know I am working my way (slowly) through the list, it may be toward the end of January by the time I get to the people that just put in orders in the last day or two....

This was a large batch from several forging sessions, and these are the ones that passed my standards.
I try to get them fairly uniform to the way I designed them.
And if they don't meet my standards, they don't get sent out.

I've already PM'd a few people letting them know that I was working on their opener, had it personalized, but wasn't totally happy with the way it turned out and that I'm starting over on theirs. I'd rather take more time and get it to my satisfaction rather than send out something I'm not satisfied with.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BlackFrog; 12/27/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great lineup and cool artwork! You must hug the forge pretty closely at -2 F! Brrr!!! With all these orders you may need more fence line! wink

Eric

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My bottle opener arrived today. I ordered the flame colored variant. I have to say it's pretty dang awesome! In full light it has a silvery hue with some interesting case coloring. I love it. Pic 1 shows you what it looks like next to some of the original material. Very cool. I just cracked open 2 brews and it performed flawlessly. I'll probably have to keep testing it tonight just in case... lol. I love this old world craftsmanship and give big kudos to Todd.

Get yourself one!! cool

Eric
[Linked Image]

In darker light...
[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Beautiful craftsmanship. Is that the placebo shown with it?

Cheers,

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good morning, I would take two "Flamed " if still available to 11942. P M me a total plus mailing information I will send a check out right away.

Regards,
Steve

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
While forging the next batch of openers, and we've hit a slight delay in production.
My favorite opener making tongs busted:
[Linked Image]

I bought these a few years ago at an auction for a few bucks, hand made, probably from the early 1900s. But they worked great for doing these openers. I knew they were getting weak in the jaw. So now it's not like I can wander down to the local hardware store and grab a new pair of opener forging tongs....

So before any more openers can be made, I'll have to spend some time forging a new set of tongs. Hopefully the new set will last another 100 years. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad I got mine before the "malfunction". Mine was waiting on me when I got back from Christmas travels. It is a fantastic and truly nostalgic item! Very excited about it. Thanks!

Lee

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Glad your opener arrived and you're putting it to work!

I should be able to forge a new set of tongs in 4 to 5 hours of time, and then be back in bottle opener production.

Another note about these. There are hundreds of different beer bottle and cap designs out there, and while I would love to try them all I don't have them all at my disposal for testing. The major brands are fairly consistent, but some of the little micro brews have some more unique bottles.

If you find that this opener works a little finicky with your favorite micro brew beverage bottle, just let me know and I can alter your opener a bit so it works perfectly with your oddball bottles.

Last edited by BlackFrog; 12/28/13.
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
More shipping out today.
Here's the one for John, a member here (NONRESIDENT) with his brand on the side in black finish.

[Linked Image]

I spent a good part of the day yesterday (before watching a fantastic Packers win smile ) forging some new tongs!
We should be back up and running forging more bottle openers now.

It was -6 below zero this morning when I left for work... I don't mind working out in that, but it sure takes a lot more fuel for the forge to get to forging heats.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Happy New Year

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's a lot to like about that photo, Mink! Happy New Year!

Eric

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They are really nice, I would like one in flame colored.

Thanks and happy New Year!

Dave

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Oh hell... I'll take one like EricM ordered. Giving in to peer pressure! Please PM me where to send funds, Black Frog.

Thanks,

John

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
can/will you make fire dogs? i think the proper name is andirons.
Ronnie

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1OntarioJim, 1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,567
Posts18,491,825
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.