Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have a PSA with an Aimpoint for home defense and an RRA with a Burris Fullfield II for yote hunting. Love both, the RRA is one of the most accurate rifles I have teamed up with my 50 grain vmax loads, the thing is an MOA rifle all day. Love it and would buy another. I find it nice having multiple ones for different purposes.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DPMS makes a fine rifle! Yes there are better rifles out there but they work just fine with acceptable accuracy.

Rock River is a great rifle as well. The DEA awarded them a contract a few years back for their department!

Some believe you need to own a LMT, Daniel Defense, LWRC, or other specialty made AR to be a good firearm, that isn't the case!

It used to be if it wasn't a COLT then it wasn't an AR worth a crap. Others have made the platform and they are as reliable or more so and accurate to boot! Pick one that you like in your price range and then I welcome you to the "DARK SIDE"!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
mil spec can refer to all parts.

Either they meet it or not.

Whether its needed or not is up to the user.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Milspec also refers to the assembly process and what checks are made. So if you assemble the gun yourself, it's technically not milspec, even if the parts are.

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Miltfp-4O is the spec I prefer was adhered to....

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm sorry but I have to;
Reelman, obviously you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to your knowledge on ar's.

Last edited by Timberbuck; 12/21/13.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Milspec also refers to the assembly process and what checks are made. So if you assemble the gun yourself, it's technically not milspec, even if the parts are.

waht if you are mil?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Like I said "mil spec" has been over used but it's easy to see which guns meet the criteria, those that cut corners and those that exceed the minimum.

That is if you want to see the differences.

The assembly process is clearly outlined for those willing to look as well. I have no mil spec guns anymore, most would call mine mutt guns as I've taken the best for my uses and cobbled parts together as I saw fit. The results have been guns that shoot under MOA and do it with minimal maintenance for thousands of rounds without issues. Save the Colt pencil barreled carbine that just does 1.5 MOA but runs like a clock, in spite of being treated like a red headed step child and keeps killing what I aim at.

AR's are not hard to work with but one has to have standards...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
that pretty well covers it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I've had a RRA coyote rifle, not the carbine, for several years and would not hesitate if I had to do it over. Very accurate, good two-stage trigger but the rifle weight is a little heavy but doable for a walking varminter.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We have issued Rock Rivers for 7 years. And We had had very few problems with them. And most problems we have had have been operator error. I'm happy with mine

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am reformed... whistle I sold most all my guns anyway... The cheap POS MP10 I just traded into is not at all milspec. However I like the corrosion resistant barrel and light weight which is why I got it over the vaunted pig proven DPMS and the overwhelmingly formidable RRA. This poor POS MP10 gun throws 180 grain Nosler BT's over RL15 into a single hole at 100 yards, to say this lowly near deaf dumb and blind deer hunter is impressed is an understatement. I have a lot more work to do with it (new scope etc) but I am just really impressed with it.

Folks if you had seen, been around, discussed with gunsmiths, worked with, the number of 742's and 7400's I have with cartridge cases stuck in their chamber and that little piece of brass torn off the rim of the cartridge you too would become a believer in Santa Stainless, Prancer Chrome and Rudolf Melonite. Merry Christmas!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Timberbuck
I'm sorry but I have to;
Reelman, obviously you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to your knowledge on ar's.

Gee thanks for the kind words! I don't know which exact metals are used as I'm not a metalurgist but I know that there are better steels than Mil Spec. So if your gun is Mil-Spec then does it have the goovey M203 cut in the barrel that's useless in the civilian market? Does it have the POS stock and forearm? Does it have the terrible trigger and are you happy with the 5" groups?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
dude you need to quit while your ahead. Merry Christmas.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by reelman
Most rifles have a better than Mil-Spec bolt in them made out of better steel

I don't know which exact metals are used as I'm not a metalurgist but I know that there are better steels than Mil Spec.

So you KNOW that the thing you don't know about is better than the other thing you don't know about.

Awesome. Congratulations.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I know little about mil-spec, Don't care too..

What I do know, is a close bud and I hit the range this fall with his brand new Rock .223,

I can honestly say I was amazed at the itty bitty groups that rifle could shoot time after time...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp

Folks if you had seen, been around, discussed with gunsmiths, worked with, the number of 742's and 7400's I have with cartridge cases stuck in their chamber and that little piece of brass torn off the rim of the cartridge you too would become a believer in Santa Stainless, Prancer Chrome and Rudolf Melonite. Merry Christmas!

Truth. You must tell us more about the M&P 10 when you get a chance. I was hoping they'd be shooters. I may send the SCAR on its merry way

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

I don't know which exact metals are used as I'm not a metalurgist but I know that there are better steels than Mil Spec.

So you KNOW that the thing you don't know about is better than the other thing you don't know about.

Amazing, isn't it?

Last edited by liliysdad; 12/21/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd even be OK with the assertion that folks don't need Carpenter158 bolts. Or that there are better bolts available than a Colt. Or at least preface it with "IMO".

But to say definitively that MOST guns have a bolt that's better than a standard when you know nothing about the standard or the comparison bolt....you're ether wildly incapable of critical thinking or you're a liar.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Want some Dr. Pepper to go with that deep-fried crow?

http://www.ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/336

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (1badf350, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 53 invisible), 16,945 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,924
Posts18,539,071
Members74,051
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.