-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All AR's are hobby guns, because being a mall or range ninja is just as much of a hobby as hunting.
laugh

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Backroads
Will a mil-spec AR kill more coyotes and p-dogs than my Rock River?
Will they die a more tactical death?

Probably the other way around because Mil-Spec is not known for their accuracy compared to a highly accurized non Mil-Spec gun. Imagine doing accuracy work with a standard trigger.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sigh, I can't believe I'm about to do this....

1-Anybody can make a good gun, just like anybody can make a good steak. But if the cook is known for using better meat, better seasoning, better cooking methods, and is known to hold himself responsible for keeping that standard on every steak....the odds of getting a great steak go up significantly.

2-It depends on what you want out of a gun. Military specs are designed to build a gun that will go bang all the time, every time. Accuracy must be acceptable for its intended purpose, but is a far second to reliability. If you want to go to the range and shoot groups, don't buy a milspec gun. Duh, that's not what they were designed for.

3-They're not all the same. Don't tell yourself they are and don't tell anyone else they are. Just explain that they're different, but that the difference might not matter (depending on what you need it to do).

4-Different parts are more important than others. Do double heat shield handguards matter to a guy who wants a free float rail? Does a milspec trigger matter to a guy who wants to shoot tiny groups? Of course not, so ignore them. But bolts, gas systems and buffers matter. If you think they don't, you don't understand how an AR works.

Think about what you want to get out of a gun and buy one that'll do that for you. But don't tell everybody else that it's perfect for their needs too. I've got a Honda Civic and a 4x4 truck in my driveway. They're both perfect for what I need them to do. But to say that either is a good choice for the other role, or a good choice for your needs just because it works for me is stupid. Same-Same with ARs.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No. Do you have any other stupid questions?

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
smile these threads are always funny.

IC B2

B
boatboy Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jimmyp

I mean get serious guys, I don't care if Reelman wants to hunt with the Handirifle equivilent of an AR.

Every time I pull the trigger in a Handi it goes boom

I really have learned quite a bit by this thread
Thank all for that

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by reelman

Probably the other way around because Mil-Spec is not known for their accuracy compared to a highly accurized non Mil-Spec gun. Imagine doing accuracy work with a standard trigger.

What does your DD214 say?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Oddly both chrome lined barrels I have shoot under an inch with hand loads, the Colt has the factory trigger in it.

This thread is divided between one group of folks that compete or have competed with their rifles, or have an understanding of gun engineering/building guns, or those that clearly remember Robert Mcnamara and him saving 1 cent per barrel. Then there is a the other bunch of people who think they can have their cake and eat it too or just want to argue for the sake of arguing. I am a mall ninja as I trust Colt over Bushmaster, RRA, Windham, CORE, Mossberg, Armalyte, PJ's Gun and Bar homemade AR15's, etc.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hank no one is critical of your handirifle, but that does not make it Kimber Montana.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
So lets see your completely Mil-Spec AR?

Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Sigh, I can't believe I'm about to do this....

1-Anybody can make a good gun, just like anybody can make a good steak. But if the cook is known for using better meat, better seasoning, better cooking methods, and is known to hold himself responsible for keeping that standard on every steak....the odds of getting a great steak go up significantly.

2-It depends on what you want out of a gun. Military specs are designed to build a gun that will go bang all the time, every time. Accuracy must be acceptable for its intended purpose, but is a far second to reliability. If you want to go to the range and shoot groups, don't buy a milspec gun. Duh, that's not what they were designed for.

3-They're not all the same. Don't tell yourself they are and don't tell anyone else they are. Just explain that they're different, but that the difference might not matter (depending on what you need it to do).

4-Different parts are more important than others. Do double heat shield handguards matter to a guy who wants a free float rail? Does a milspec trigger matter to a guy who wants to shoot tiny groups? Of course not, so ignore them. But bolts, gas systems and buffers matter. If you think they don't, you don't understand how an AR works.

Think about what you want to get out of a gun and buy one that'll do that for you. But don't tell everybody else that it's perfect for their needs too. I've got a Honda Civic and a 4x4 truck in my driveway. They're both perfect for what I need them to do. But to say that either is a good choice for the other role, or a good choice for your needs just because it works for me is stupid. Same-Same with ARs.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Were you deprived of oxygen at birth?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Were you deprived of oxygen at birth?

I guess that means that for all your bloviating about Mil-Spec you don't own one. Yet you rip on other people who don't own one - go figure!

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, that's for sure.

We don't care what you shoot but we do care about keeping facts straight. The statement you made about mil spec bolts was BS and you continue to spread ignorance as truth.

I've already said I no longer own any mil spec guns but I use mil spec parts or better and I have enough sense to know why.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Reelman. Post us a picture of your best AR-15!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I said it wrong when I said most companies use better steel in their bolts, I should have said some companies use better steel in their bolts.

jimmy, I can't post pictures of my best AR right now as it isn't officially being released until SHOT and I don't have authority to post pictures of talk about it. I will say that it does use some Mil-Spec parts but only a few as a stock M4 or M16 does not do what I want an AR to do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh dang, we've got us an industry insider here.

An don't feel bad, if I started posting about stuff I didn't know about I'd probably use the wrong words too.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Hank no one is critical of your handirifle, but that does not make it Kimber Montana.

Yes, thank GOD.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

An don't feel bad, if I started posting about stuff I didn't know about I'd probably use the wrong words too.

Yes, you probably would:)

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

You already have posted enough stuff you don't know about with all your talk about Mil-Spec. YOu brag about how great it is and then you say you don't own one.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

You already have posted enough stuff you don't know about with all your talk about Mil-Spec. YOu brag about how great it is and then you say you don't own one.

I talk [bleep] about Mystery Ranch packs and I don't own one of those either, I'm smarter than that.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 18,608 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,965
Posts18,539,778
Members74,052
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.