Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You're not the only one that has taken it in the shorts on a gun sell. Sounds like you learned an important lesson. List it on gunsinternational for what you can live with and hopefully you'll find someone that's been wanting to add it to their collection.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

M
MJ8v92 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
That wasnt my motive. My motive was to find out what its worth. The gun actually has an interesting story. Apparently it was won in a raffle at the Winchester Museum for a $100 ticket

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
You're not the only one that has taken it in the shorts on a gun sell. Sounds like you learned an important lesson. List it on gunsinternational for what you can live with and hopefully you'll find someone that's been wanting to add it to their collection.

Here too

M
MJ8v92 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
but anyways i have never came across someone so childish in my life
just because you were picked on as a kid doesnt mean you need to act like this as adults, oh you wonder why your family even hates you, its because you are an arrogant lkhbhjjsdfa

M
MJ8v92 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
why would i list it here, ive been harassed by this forum

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MJ8v92
That wasnt my motive. My motive was to find out what its worth. The gun actually has an interesting story. Apparently it was won in a raffle at the Winchester Museum for a $100 ticket

Here's a story. I have one of those flashy Winchester Custom Shop rifles. Mine is in .257 Roberts and was made for a fellow named Larry Larson who was a contract engineer for both Winchester and Ruger...Mr. Larson, along with Bill Ruger and another fellow were the three men who designed the Number One (Google it), holding patents on the design. Larson was also involved with the design of the first Ruger double-action revolver...

My Larson Winchester has his initials scroll engraved on the trigger guard along with more gold than I've ever seen on a new Winchester 70 to the point of being almost disgustingly gaudy...the wood is nothing special, IMO...I bought it in unfired condition from his daughter who inherited his firearms...gave $2,500 for it which I thought was plenty...I also bought a 3 digit Number One .375 H&H from her that Bill Ruger presented to him which was a salt wood gun. Gave $350 for it and sent it back to Ruger who re-stocked it with a respectable piece of Circassian and replaced the innards for free in a two week turn around...

I figure the .375 has more value than that special 70...I've yet to hear of anyone who's collecting these garish, gold-embellished new 70s...I bought that Roberts because of who it was made for...

Life's too short to smoke cheap cigars....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
but anyways i have never came across someone so childish in my life
just because you were picked on as a kid doesnt mean you need to act like this as adults, oh you wonder why your family even hates you, its because you are an arrogant lkhbhjjsdfa

It's apparent we are wasting our time with you. If you want to see childish, I suggest you look in the mirror and then please move on. My best advice I can give you...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
MJ8: No one is happy about seeing someone else take it in the shorts....but it happens.

The way I see it, your market is a collector who simply has to have one of everything that Winchester ever produced...they are out there and no doubt someone has paid more than you did for one.

All I was saying is that with some judicious shopping a guy can get a better custom in the $4-6k range,if he is a user and not a collector....He does not have to spend $10k to do it either.

Due to the closure of the New Haven plant,the perception of rarity and "not made here any longer" has seemingly crept into the post 64 market as well.

Stick it out on Gunbroker and the market will determine what you are going to get for it.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Most of us have given too much for something at one time or another.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Embellishment costs money, but may or may not add to the value of a product. (Friend once had a revolver engraved. It was so badly done the engraver should have paid him.)

It may take a while to sell a pricey item at what it should be worth. There is not a buyer behind every bush willing to fork over $3500 for a rifle. Ask me how I know. (oK, I'll tell you. I just sold one for that price after offering it for sale for a few years. It may have been a really good price for the buyer. Most folks willing to spend that kind of money are looking for performance, not decoration.)

Engraving does call for nice wood, quality finish on both wood and metal, and fine line hand checkering, well executed. Gold may add or detract, depending on how tastefully it was done.

Good luck on selling, and by the way, don't pee on the leg of the messengers. Those guns were made as an act of desperation by the Winchester ownership hoping to add some nice profit to the coffers. They did take the shortcuts mentioned. Rare alone does not make valuable. Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I bought one of these when they first came out.. Listed for 5000.oo .. Paid 2500.oo for it.. Then the market fell on these.. I highy agree with BobinNH.. he couldnt be more correct.. These guns are just a upgraded feather weight.. Very poor quality for a 5000 gun..

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
why would i list it here, ive been harassed by this forum

Ive been on this forum for a while,these guys are tough but not azz holes, They have saved me money on very good advise. After reading this entire thread Im gonna give you a small tidbit of advise.
Start all over, loose your handle, re register under a new name and come back with a different attitude. Everybody likes a dumbazz ,nobody likes a smartazz.
Remember the toes you step on going up, for they may be attached to the ass you kiss coming down! very best

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 2UP, 264mag, 338rcm, 24 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 1,058 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,972
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.