Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
In the process of my third Nikon being serviced by warrantee dept.

First two experiences (Omega and a Monarch UCC) were fine. This time, Laser IRT, has been horrible. And the scope NEW was junk right outta the box !!!

3 for 3 with issues means I'll never buy another, but I was curious as to what others had experienced.

I suppose there is a reason why Natchez always has plenty of "factory refurbs" in their flyers. Color me stupid. blush

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've had a number of Nikon scopes from the ProStaff and Buckmaster lines up through Monarchs and never had a issue with any of them.

Not one in probably 10-12 scopes I've owned. And I know my brother and father both have used them with no issues as well.

You should buy a lottery ticket. smile

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My brother uses them a lot. Very nice scopes and they have performed well for him....and he doesn't baby gear

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
had a prostaff once. worsr veiling flare ive ever seen in a scope. i literally couldnt see a thing out of it close to dark. looked like a solid white cloud was in front of my scope. switched to swaro and meopta and no more flare. i had a pair of monarch binos that were decent tho. no flare issues with those

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I've owned at least 5. My opinion:

1) I really like ProStaffs, for the $, especially the 4x Rimfire.
2) I'm indifferent about the Buckmaster. Take it or leave it.
3) My eyes don't care for the Monarchs, for the $ they ask.

You asked - I answered.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For the money they are good scopes especially the prostaff line. I have had numerous prostaffs that performed well. The biggest complaint on the prostaff is tracking. if you zero it and leave it alone then there fine, and all mine have held zero good

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ive got several Pro Staffs and a couple of Monarchs..... Been well pleased and nary an issue with any of them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RAM ...take a look at the prostaff 5 After looking through the scope, I couldn't believe it was a Nikon. Clearer than my VX-2's.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Agreed... VERY clear.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Technoman26
I've had a number of Nikon scopes from the ProStaff and Buckmaster lines up through Monarchs and never had a issue with any of them.

Not one in probably 10-12 scopes I've owned. And I know my brother and father both have used them with no issues as well.

You should buy a lottery ticket. smile

Same here.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Over the years I've owned 15-20 Nikon's - UCC (pre Monarch), Prostaff, Buckmaster and LOTS of Monarchs.

Never had 1 issue/problem with any of them

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RAM
In the process of my third Nikon being serviced by warrantee dept.

First two experiences (Omega and a Monarch UCC) were fine. This time, Laser IRT, has been horrible. And the scope NEW was junk right outta the box !!!

3 for 3 with issues means I'll never buy another, but I was curious as to what others had experienced.

I suppose there is a reason why Natchez always has plenty of "factory refurbs" in their flyers. Color me stupid. blush

The reason Natchez has so many"factory refurbs" is that Nikon does not repair scopes just replaces them in almost all cases.

I have owned at least 1/2 dozen of them with never an issue

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've had 2 of the 3-9 monarchs and a 2-8. No problem with them, just didn't quite have the eyebox for my taste, so I let 'em go.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Currently own 10 Nikons two "pre" monarch and the rest Monarchs. Had one Buckmaster, the 4-12x50; thought it was crap, worst case of tunnel vision I've ever seen in a scope. Have had a few more Monarchs that I sold to generate funds for other projects. Not becuase they weren't good scopes. Only one I ever sent back in was a "pre" Monarch 4-12x40AO that had a film on the inside of the obj. lens. Week later I recieved a brand new Monarch. I have been looking hard at the new Prostaff 5 series. From what I have personally seen when comparing head to head the ProStaff 5 is way ahead of the ProStaff optically. My only gripe about the current Nikons is the size of the eyepiece. Works OK on a few of my rifles but nowhere near enough. Really like the UCC series.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I have always had a problem with a 90 day warranty on their refurbs. That alone keeps me away from Nikon.

"Not everything you read on the internet is true." Abraham Lincoln.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Have had to send two back for repair and their customer service was worse than Burris and Bushnell. Pass the Leupolds please.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Eye relief on even the Monarchs isn't as good as the competition, and if you do have to send one in, their warranty service sucks donkey balls.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sent a Monarch UCC in for service a few years ago (wouldn't hold zero) and had no problems.

???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've only sent in one Nikon scope to CS, a pre-Monarch 3-9x40 that I asked them to look at to see if there were any problems (received it on a rifle trade). They shipped me back a brand new 2.5-10x42 Monarch UCC and the receipt said "water damage" on the older scope. I'm perfectly happy with their CS. What was your experience ingwe?

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And I have owned 4 Nikons, all Monarch UCCs of one variety or another. Still have the 2.5-10x42 and a 6.5-20x44 AO. I may swap out the 2.5-10x someday, but I'll never sell or trade the 6.5-20x44 AO, it's a fantastic piece of optical gear.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1beaver_shooter, 25aught6, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,936
Posts18,518,996
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.