Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by jimy
Of course there has to be a time for it to end, but never has this or any other country seen the kind of job looses we have experienced over the last ten years.

I'm not sure if you're joking or an idiot.

Sincerely,
The Great Depression

Huge difference between then and now. The majority, of any of us, wont be hired on our word. The whole HR process didnt exist as it does today. Are there jobs out there? Yes, not many but yes. Landing that job, totally different story. 4 out of 6 vendors at a local job fair, hiring upwards up 300 people, turned away every former employee from our company due to over qualification. 300 jobs that were basically worthless.

I'm not the one who made the ridiculous and untrue assertion. I just pointed out it was ridiculous and untrue.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by pahick
Of course there has to be a time for it to end, but never has this or any other country seen the kind of job looses we have experienced over the last ten years.

Sincerely,
The Great Depression

Huge difference between then and now. The majority, of any of us, wont be hired on our word. The whole HR process didnt exist as it does today. Are there jobs out there? Yes, not many but yes. Landing that job, totally different story. 4 out of 6 vendors at a local job fair, hiring upwards up 300 people, turned away every former employee from our company due to over qualification. 300 jobs that were basically worthless.

I'm not the one who made the ridiculous and untrue assertion. I just pointed out it was ridiculous and untrue.

The truth is that during the 10 years of the great depression we lost some where between 13 - 15 million jobs that was a ten year period.

In a two year period we lost 7.5 million, I won't take the time to look but I'm sure ten year span to ten year span I am right.

Jan. 1980 to July 1980: 968,000 jobs lost
July 1981 to Nov. 1982: 2,824,000 jobs lost
July 1990 to March 1991: 1,249,000 jobs lost
March 2001 to Nov. 2001: 1,599,000 jobs lost
Total jobs lost in the four prior recessions: 6,640,000

"Great Recession" -- Dec. 2007 to June 2009: 7,490,000 jobs lost

So the numbers show that -- about 850,000 more jobs were lost during the great recession than in the previous four recessions combined.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The truth is that during the 10 years of the great depression we lost some where between 13 - 15 million jobs that was a ten year period.

And, what, pray tell, was the population of the US at the time? Oh, and, unlike now, what percentage of women were considered "workers" in the numbers?

Again, it is a ridiculous assertion.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

And, what, pray tell, was the population of the US at the time? Oh, and, unlike now, what percentage of women were considered "workers" in the numbers?

Again, it is a ridiculous assertion.

Wrong is spelled soooooo many ways

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sincerely,
The Great Depression

Bet the bank on liberal idiot you have a winner.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 12/30/13.

NRA Lifetime Member
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I thought I settled this last night, I come home from WORK, and jimy still arguing anything but the facts.

#1 (A) Nobody, and I mean NOBODY want anyone in America to starve, or have to sleep out in the cold.

#1 (B) there are dozens, possibly hundreds of different welfare programs that provide enough to keep people from starving or sleeping out in the cold.

#2 If you keep giving people a living wage for doing NOTHING, many millions of people will take it, sit on their butts and do NOTHING, content to live the easy life.

Unemployment can't just go on forever. It needs to end somewhere, and those who STILL can't/won't find a job need to transition to welfare.
I have suggested a "more than fair" time frame of two years, then a slow transition to public assistance.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Anaconda
I thought I settled this last night...

You can suck your chest back in, this is just an internet forum. Besides, when we want to fix the worlds problems I doubt the answer is going to come from CA.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I never argue, I explained that helping working people regain their place in the work force is not only feasible, practical and cost efficient, I posted facts and answered questions.
I have no dog in this fight I was pointing out the other sides point of view.

I couldn't give a rats ass either way I just get a kick out of how some people think, and damn glad they aren't my neighbors. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For those folks who are collecting un employment you know they are not paying into social security and they probably are not putting money away for retirement.

That money sounds good right now but what are they going to do when they turn 65 and want to draw their social security and their monthly amount is reduced by two years or more of NOT paying in.

It's all fun and games now cheating the government (the tax payers) and sitting on the couch eatin' tato chips but wait until they REALLY need it in their old age and it's not there.

They are only hurting themselves and I won't feel sorry for them. They can set out their final days in a squatters camp down by the tracks for all I care. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Unfortunately, many of us wont see SS and it sure as [bleep] doesnt have anything to do with a couple people on UE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kwg,
You are assuming social security will be around in the future?
Thats a fools bet!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by watch4bear
another $5,500,000,000 ($5.5 billion) to Israel

and 5 billion to solyndra

Actually it was $535 million (11% of $5 billion); it is projected that about $140 million will be recouped in the bankruptcy proceedings for a projected net loss of $395 million.

Regardless of any monetary recovery, it is a significant amount anyway. But to put it in prospective, the government loss on the General Dynamics A-12 program was a $2billion loss when cancelled by (then) VP Dick Cheney.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,209 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,361
Posts18,506,347
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.