Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 38 39
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ed,
I would love to make it. I do have that weekend off from work and it is a 4h drive or so from Houston. When you say families, ehat is the age range? We have a 4yo, a 2yo and a 4mo right now so I don't want to be the drag on the "non-planned-PLAN".
Tell me more smile

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
� Opening and closing ceremonies and all that. whistle

Didn't somebody down in that scruff o' the woods end-up with my old regatta cannon?

Nothing like Greg's, o' course.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sponxx

My sons are 4 and 6. I plan on bringing them.

Planning????????? Is CCCC putting the plan together? Or is he staying in Quemado?

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
The age range is one day to 120 years. The shooting will be done a distance away from where most of the gathering will take place, so noise is not an issue.
We have had small kids here and will make sure that things and critters are kid-proof.
Our 3 nieces and one nephew from NC spent two weeks here last fall and they range from 4yoa to 14yoa.
You and your family will NOT be a drag on "The Plan", just the opposite, there will be something for everyone.
The yards around the houses are fenced, so the kids of all ages can't just wander off to the ponds or into the horse pasture. grin

For something different, my lovely bride would probably introduce the kids to the horses and let them finger-paint the horses and put feather and braids in their manes. The horses are used to it and kids seem to love it.
We are all about safety here and enjoying this slice of Heaven.

If past gatherings are any indication, most folks will be coming in starting Friday afternoon/evening and stay until Sunday.

I know of a couple who have said they are coming in earlier to help with getting set up and there will probably be some not wanting to leave. This pace has that effect on folks.

I do hope you can come and please, bring your family.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tdd4570
Sponxx
My sons are 4 and 6. I plan on bringing them.
Planning????????? Is CCCC putting the plan together? Or is he staying in Quemado?

See what humongous shoes I have to fill?

Paul sure set the bar high, didn't he? grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I may bring the notorious Grace with me.....I believe she has barter business to do with Brother Bart involving a leftie AR

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I may bring the notorious Grace with me.....I believe she has barter business to do with Brother Bart involving a leftie AR

That's great, Steve!

Ed

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ed, guys.
I am all for it, wife will probably be too since she grew up on a farm, and I know for sure the kids will enjoy it. They are not afraid of gunshot either, so that won't be a problem and love animals. I just don't want to drag the pace down with minding small children, it's one thing for me to deal with them, but shouldn't be everyone else's problem.
A lot will depend on them not being sick around that time and what my wife think about the whole deal, but I will try to convince her.
If we come, I will see to make some pisco sours... some members here got the chance to try some in the PINS trip in 2012. That was right after Miles was hit by a wave and lost half of the fish we had just finished filleting for making ceviche....

Heck, Wtxj even brought a blender with jumper cables to try some of this
[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Looks yummy!

There have been some small kids at the other Gatherings and the other "grownups" seemed to help look out for the kids along with the parents, so I don't see that being an issue.

The Gatherings I have attended have been more of a family reunion than a drinking/shooting fest, although there have been plenty of adult beverages and gunpowder consumed (at different times, of course).

We have electric outlets at the covered pavilion and next to the deck of the "Barn House", so we can use conventional blenders to keep folks in their favorite blended beverages. grin

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed, my family and I are going to do our best to make it. Lots of folks in attendance that I'd be honored to share a fire with.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Mark,

You are on the short list of folks I need to shake hands with.
I hope your lovely bride and family can come, too.

Ed

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Flintlocks are encouraged! I hope Birdwatcher and his lovely bride can make it.

I spoke with the boss, she said we're good to go cool

I'll see y'all there I expect.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Flintlocks are encouraged! I hope Birdwatcher and his lovely bride can make it.

I spoke with the boss, she said we're good to go cool
I'll see y'all there I expect.
Birdwatcher

Yahoo! laugh

Ed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sponxx

When If we come, I will see to make some pisco sours...

That wouldn't be the stuff from Chile, would it? Seems I had that a time or two while there and it was pretty good.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep.

for two tumblers of 'em �

4 cups ice cubes
1 cup pisco (grape brandy from Peru or Chile)
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup white sugar
1 egg white
aromatic bitters

Place ice cubes, pisco, lemon juice, sugar, egg white, and bitters in the bowl of a blender. Blend on high speed until finely pureed. Pour into two glasses and garnish with an additional dash of bitters.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have a 4yo, a 2yo and a 4mo right now so I don't want to be the drag on the "non-planned-PLAN".
Tell me more smile

I can do a little light babysitting, and have been known to change a diaper in an emergency. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That was right after Miles was hit by a wave and lost half of the fish we had just finished filleting for making ceviche....

You would have to bring that up! Somebody should have warned me about the ocean waves and I did catch a few more to replace the lost ones. grin The ceviche was good though. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If we come, I will see to make some pisco sours...

I remember those cool

If I live to retirement, I shall move to Peru, become an alchoholic, and drink pisco sours all day...

("Si, vivo debajo de un Puente.")

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Paladin
That wouldn't be the stuff from Chile, would it? Seems I had that a time or two while there and it was pretty good.
David

Ouch party foul!
No it is not the stuff from Chile.
Pisco is a Peruvian grape brady distilled drink. It is called pisco because it originated in the city of the same name.

Chile has a different liquor that they also call pisco, trying to partake in the fame of the peruvian counterpart. They use different limes to make the drink too, but in Chile pisco is usually drank with Coca-Cola. In peru we drink it on its own, as pisco sour, maracuya (passion-fruit) sour, pisco appletini, etc.
Peru is fighting for the denomination of origin as a matter of fact, but sadly Chile has had better marketing of the product for many years. The actual Pisco sour drink was invented in the Bolivar hotel, in downtown Lima, Peru.
I can offer a dissertation on the subject of Pisco and the diversity of it, just based on the grapes it is done with, but I will save it for the gathering smile
I think there is a better offering of peruvian piscos nowadays, since what was available before wasn't that good. I bring mine from Peru.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by milespatton
Somebody should have warned me about the ocean waves and I did catch a few more to replace the lost ones. grin The ceviche was good though. miles

Miles, I remember watching you go rinse the fish with your back to the ocean and thinking.... "hmmm that's unusual... I would never turn my back to the waves, I hope he doesn't get hit and lose the fish" next thing I see you getting hit and scrambling to recapture fish fillets. I must say that the troops stepped up and we caught more fish in 30 minutes than all weekend. I was filleting them while alive straight ON the hooks.
Mike, I know a few "puentes" that might be safer to live under.
I appreciate the offer to babysit and change diapers and my wife will probably take you up on it!
I hope this works.

Page 5 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (Anaconda, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,432 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,412
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.