Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
Flaming Texans?

Travis

You seem surprised.....lol

Nice Ingwe.....

Boxer, sorry if I hurt your "feelings", it was meant sarcastically,
Shoot what you want and like what you shoot and be good with what you carry...happy shooting, hunting and/or both.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In answer to your WAM question I would say no, but thanks for the education. You puzzled me on that 'cause I once knew a BAM, or Broad Assed Marine, but I never saw her inverted. Since she was a sergeant I'm pretty sure I never want to.

WAM is a palindrome no matter how it's viewed though.

If you send me a few of those Coopers I'll forgive you for all sins, past, present, real or imagined. And I'll ask 5 other people to forgive you as well.

So he'p me Zeus!

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice Gdub, anyone who lives in Texas deer country, it's not a matter of IF but WHEN you hit a deer , I would rather cry once and buy the monster truck bumper than cry a bunch fixin broken bumpers and bones

Just got back from Kerrville, ALL the locals have them even the Prius

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by geedubya
WAM

[Linked Image]

Windage Adjustable Mount

those and the warmth of wood send some folks into paroxysms of varying degrees.

Best,

GWB

HORRORS!!!!

A windage adjustable mount! shocked cry

You must not be reading the innaweb�.Im about the change my last windage adjustable out to Talley lightweights,or else I'll get kicked off the fire�...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The best word ever...

Some or most of you have probably heard this already. I only just did and thought it hilarious. (For those who grew up with this word maybe it doesn't have the same effect, but I was raised a Fundamentalist Baptist so...). I heard it in an audio only clip but found it on Youtube. Click the link cuz IOS7 won't let me post clickable vids...

This is so BTE. I think it is already our official word. Gonna go post this on the Freakfest...

Most versatile word in the world?

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by MojoHand
How was the lease trip, Gdub?

Mojo,

This has been a very strange year for us. By the end of season last year we had 16 deer down. This year a total of 5. Last year I let my oldest son take my two bucks. This is the first year in 15 that I did not take a single deer.

It seems that we�ve had a bumper crop of acorns. Also it has been very wet over the last few months. The deer and hogs don�t seem to have to move much to find food, and they have completely gone nocturnal

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I�ve got several pix of this guy at night, but that is all.
Beginning to wonder if I've lost my "mojo". I hunted all or part of 35 days between the middle of September and the end of December.

Anyhow, my oldest shot a large cow elk and a black bear in September. I've two freezers full of meat, and until just a week or so ago could not put store any more meat, so I�ve been under no pressure to kill. All is good.

I have extended an invitation to a number of folk to join me at my lease if they are in the area.
A young man who posts as Sakohunter264 did just that.

He recently moved to the Houston Texas area, having hunted in the western states most of his life. I don't think he had ever hunted "Texas style" and definitely never hog hunted before.
Met him on the way up. It rained from the time we left through Saturday evening. That always puts somewhat of a damper on things.

He passed a shot on four hogs while waiting for a doe first morning. Almost got razzed out of camp over that.

Next morning I put him in the Canopy, he saw three small bucks and a couple doe. First light and 275 yard shot at the doe. We looked a good while and did not find blood.

[Linked Image]

Put him at the water trough stand Saturday evening and he connected.
[Linked Image]

Other than that we took two more deer.

[Linked Image]

Ate like kings and enjoyed the campfires.

[Linked Image]

I�ve made over 200 trips to the hill country in the last 15 years. Although I�m still motivated, killing is not as important as it used to be (especially when the freezers are already full). Good friends, good food and the enjoyment of being in deer camp and passing on the heritage to youngsters...........
As I said before, it�s all good.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
GW: Im going to make my first trip to the Hill country this spring and try some of this Texas stuff out!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You going to take me? You need a rifle bearer and cook who won't drink your whisky.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
April, through the first part of May is spring turkey season. Perhaps the ranch you will be hunting will let you take a gobbler also. Most places have hogs and predators that can be taken as well. Hopefully you will have a ball.
Best,

GWB

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
You going to take me? You need a rifle bearer and cook who won't drink your whisky.

We have a cook that won't drink our whiskey, and will bear the burden of our own rifles�so�No. We are not going to take you. Sorry�... wink

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dick!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I would be happy to report back to you with pics and full descriptions of how much fun we had though�.. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am a five star cook, with the legs of a pack mule. In addition, you could have access to the hordes of cast off women I am constantly surrounded by.

But have it your way.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

RL,

no problem,
we make sure we have plenty of libation.

You may not have to whup your weight in wildcats,

but getting in line ahead of the coons can be a problem....

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Your cast off will be red-headed, and those scare me. You know that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Phuoc if phuoc ain't the most versatile phuocin' word....EVAH!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Old classic

[Linked Image]

Me

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
pretty bad when the d'Arcy echols rifle thread is gaining on A&I for number of posts..

So let's crank up the juicy pictures

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Green Eyed Monster tends to do that to the 99%ers.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good evening winners!

MAGA
Page 2,468 of 2,579 1 2 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (anothergun, Amos63, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,690 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,828
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.