Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Ha! My GMC with the 420 hp 6.2L laughs at those cute little engines.

Then cries at the gas pump no doubt.

For those who put a lot of highway miles each year on a pickup, having a smaller, more fuel efficient engine makes a lot of sense.

I don't need horsepower bragging rights. I need to stretch every dollar I can in these tight times and fuel economy is very important when making frequent 300 plus mile round trips to let kids visit the grandparents, or again making 300 mile round trips to the cabin. Fuel economy is a very important factor when determining such purchases.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sounds like a helluva lot of expensive schitt to go wrong on the damned thing. Loading it up with all that gee-whizz crap is gonna make the service techs have a large dose of heartburn, too.

If it has the same recall record of the newest Escapes, it'll be a nightmare.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Chevy/Gmc has one going on now as well. Only around 370K vehicles.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
it does not get me excited at all. Just a big yawn.......

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Glad to see a new definition of gay for the 21st Century. Long overdue.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lexus-BMW designed LED designer headlights (puke)

Aluminum body, should be interesting when they start hitting the bodyshop.

[Linked Image]

A fullsize truck with a bed that barely covers the back wheels is almost useless.

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
[Linked Image]

Glad to see a new definition of gay for the 21st Century. Long overdue.

Only before the paint starts to peel..

[Linked Image]

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
[Linked Image]

That thing is uglier than a hat full of dicks.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I couldn't find a deal on a no frills work truck. With a V8, A/C, 4x4 and cruise they were as high as the regular trucks that the dealers get deals on.

Smaller trucks like the Tacos with 4x4 and a V6 so you can pull a trailer cost almost as much as a full size and get only a couple mpg more if that.

So I got this instead:

[Linked Image]

I'm happy. smile

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All that gadgetry and gizmofication is pretty sweet until it doesn't work and you spend time and money taking it in for repairs and are without the use of it to boot.

I'd prefer a simpler model where the computer between my ears is responsible for the handling of the vehicle. The soccer-momification of the half-ton truck market is a sad thing.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Nah. But the average American is definitely too short to reach anything in an F150 bed, without using a ladder or climbing the tailgate step. smile

I had one as a rental a couple years back while mine was getting repaired. At 6'4" tall it was all I could do to get at anything in the bed. Don't understand the jacking up of the bed like that.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bruinruin
All that gadgetry and gizmofication is pretty sweet until it doesn't work and you spend time and money taking it in for repairs and are without the use of it to boot.

I'd prefer a simpler model where the computer between my ears is responsible for the handling of the vehicle. The soccer-momification of the half-ton truck market is a sad thing.

I gotta remember those two terms, "gizmofication" and "soccer-momification". Brilliant. grin

I will not be buying a new truck of any kind, the two I have will have to see me through. Still, will be interesting to watch the longevity and repair history of this truck.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The gadgets in my '04 Lariat - which has plenty of gadgets - almost all work fine - actually it's been very reliable, never broke down on the road for any reason.

Both front power windows decided to roll themselves down at different times. Apparently the window lift mechanisms were flimsy on the 04 model, and little cables broke. That could have been exciting on a cross-country trip, but I was able to prop up the windows until repairs could be made.

Brakes, plugs, tires, a/c maintenance, and fluid changes are about all it's needed in 170k - including more than a little offroad stuff. I put a alternator in it at 140k, but that was more precaution than needed. About the only gadget that does not work now is the power sliding rear window, and it may just have a loose connection.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ajmorell
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
I like my 2006 F150 Supercab with the 5.7 Triton a lot. I am disappointed to see Ford's leaning toward small displacement pissant engines with turbos to carry the brunt of the load. I just wish Ford offered an equivalent engine to the Hemi, but I'll be damned if I'll drive something from Obama Motors to get a real engine.

Ford didn't make a 5.7L V8 Triton in 2006. In fact, they never made a 5.7L Trioton V8.

I'm thinking it was a mistype. He probably meant 5.4L

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only gadget on my 04 that has given up is the passenger side power door lock. Hitting "unlock" on the driver's side door won't always unlock that passenger door. You have to hit unlock on the key fob. It's been mostly brakes and fuses that I've dealt with, regarding replacements.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
does a rebuilt motor count as a gadget?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Major Gadget" (grin)

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
two weeks ago I had to put in new seals on my windows because the old ones deteriorated and water was coming in the A pillar, under the windows, trickling down to the fuse box and shorting it out, turning on the radio and A/C with the key off and running the battery down. I get in the truck and it would sound like chinese new year behind the gauge cluster.

I have a love /hate relationship with my F150.

I'm leaning toward hate.

It looks good parked in the driveway though

Last edited by KFWA; 01/15/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

That thing is uglier than a hat full of dicks.

Does that mean you've actually seen a hat full of dicks?

It's a good looking truck IMO. Don't worry dodge and chevy queens....it'll still out sell you like it has for the last 38 years.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Raeford

I had one as a rental a couple years back while mine was getting repaired. At 6'4" tall it was all I could do to get at anything in the bed. Don't understand the jacking up of the bed like that.

Being vertically challanged, I couldn't either. But my tailgate on my truck opens so can access the bed that way. smile

The back is "jacked up" because of the heavy springs needed to get a two rating of 11,300# on a 1/2 truck. Today's 1/2 tons are nearly equal to the 3/4's of a 20 years ago.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16gage, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 51 invisible), 2,779 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,429
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.