Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2,550 of 2,579 1 2 2548 2549 2550 2551 2552 2578 2579
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by DanAdair
I'm actually thinking I'll take the scopes off my rifles to save weight.

I'll just shoot them like I do my recurve. Should work badass out to 50 yards or so?

Probly kill just as often.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sometimes the optics forum reminds me of the freakshow..

Dialing for drop is retard easy IF you know both the range and you load's performance BUT with a FFP mil dot scope knowing the load and range (FFP mil dot scopes facilitate that) twirling dials is total unnecessary. Dialing takes time. Anything that delays the shot is your enemy. AS for wind hold off, it is far from easy unless you spend all your time hunting in dense timber. Any real expert on long range shooting will tell you that the wind here, a'int the wind along the way to the targets.
Anyone who has actually done a lot of long range shooting, on any the several sites devoted to it will tell you that a set of wind flags every 100 yards from 100 to 1000 yards will show you just how incorrect you are.

Illumination on a quality scope is not "a button" it is adjustable for conditions.

As for AO, most non AO scopes are preset for 75-150 yards. It's gonna be off enough to miss at 300 or more. You might note that virtual all scopes designed to shoot at extended ranges have AOs �� wonder why.

You probably don't know that even ancient scopes like El Paso Weavers and Unertl Small Game scopes could be adjusted for parallax. My El Paso Weaver K6 came set up from the factory for 100 yards. With a set of V blocks, a grid target and about 15 minutes it is now set up for 300.

In any case, I'm glad you are not in charge of buying scopes for our military snipers. If you ever get a chance to get behind a Schmidt FFP mil dot scope you just might realize you are not the expert you seem to think you are.

Hope the OP has bothered to go to some of the sites populated by folks who know about what makes a quality scope and an accomplished shooter.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by rosco1

I'll just shoot them like I do my recurve. Should work badass out to 50 yards or so?

Laffin'.

Morning all

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Dialing for drop is retard easy IF you know both the range and you load's performance BUT with a FFP mil dot scope knowing the load and range (FFP mil dot scopes facilitate that) twirling dials is total unnecessary. Dialing takes time. Anything that delays the shot is your enemy. AS for wind hold off, it is far from easy unless you spend all your time hunting in dense timber. Any real expert on long range shooting will tell you that the wind here, a'int the wind along the way to the targets.
Anyone who has actually done a lot of long range shooting, on any the several sites devoted to it will tell you that a set of wind flags every 100 yards from 100 to 1000 yards will show you just how incorrect you are.

Illumination on a quality scope is not "a button" it is adjustable for conditions.

As for AO, most non AO scopes are preset for 75-150 yards. It's gonna be off enough to miss at 300 or more. You might note that virtual all scopes designed to shoot at extended ranges have AOs �� wonder why.

You probably don't know that even ancient scopes like El Paso Weavers and Unertl Small Game scopes could be adjusted for parallax. My El Paso Weaver K6 came set up from the factory for 100 yards. With a set of V blocks, a grid target and about 15 minutes it is now set up for 300.

In any case, I'm glad you are not in charge of buying scopes for our military snipers. If you ever get a chance to get behind a Schmidt FFP mil dot scope you just might realize you are not the expert you seem to think you are.

Hope the OP has bothered to go to some of the sites populated by folks who know about what makes a quality scope and an accomplished shooter.

Only sometimes?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
unless you spend all your time hunting in dense timber.

Sign my ass up for that. ROR!

Wait, I already did.

Does anyone get it? Do we know for sure?

OoohAaah!

Get the phuoc out of bed Wankers, time to roll!

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You might need a progressive press.

Ace, I got a serious question. How many times on average for all uses does one get to shoot an arrow before it's trash?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Only once when they go through your bedroom wall.

Sam, that is an awesome pic.

Last edited by SLM; 01/16/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wanted to pass along something for use at the Freak Show. Don't be bashful...

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I must give Paul a compliment on his contributions and I've noticed what he appreciates.

It makes me wonder if he and his lovely bride would go on the newlywed game and Bob Eubanks would ask his bride "what body part on her or other women does he get busted on checking out?"

I think we all know the answer.

Keep up the god work Paul!

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Last time I was hunting in dense timber was in Gates county back in the late 70's. Sitting there about 0'dark thirty and looked at my rifle barrel which had mysteriously taken on a fuzzy appearance.

Close inspection revealed that it was a couple million skeeters going through their pre-flight checklist and waiting to bushwhack me after dark.

Almost got the St. Vitus dance just thinking about it.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Only sometimes?

Ask him to post a pic of his kills he got using the wonderful hold over via mil dot..Betcha he knocks it out of the park smile

Got me wondering what his former name was..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dialing takes too much time, but spinning an AO is fine.

I'll never miss at 300 yards again!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SLM

Laffin'.

Morning all

No chit. When does he find the time for it all?
Gotta do 10 miles on the fat tires sometime.
Greetings Earthlings.

Have Dog

Will Travel

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I know I found where NASA looks to when they have glitch that the normal rocket scientist can't figure out.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
300 yards! Stunt Shooter!

Good morning wankers of the BTE�

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice. I'm outta here, gotta hang the Marlboro man.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
For the Poob. Never ages.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
She looks perplexed...........hot, yet questioning something

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Olivia is the new Diane...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

You might need a progressive press.

Ace, I got a serious question. How many times on average for all uses does one get to shoot an arrow before it's trash?

If she has aids, probably.......once. If she has
Crabs, clap, drip, warts, herpes or a penis......multiple times before your shaft fails.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Page 2,550 of 2,579 1 2 2548 2549 2550 2551 2552 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 22250rem, 1badf350, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,949
Posts18,519,215
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.