Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Are there many of these around? What would one in good shape be worth, chambered in 30-06? I ran across one the other day, and had never seen one before. It piqued my interest, so I thought I'd ask before I try and make a deal on it. Internet searches didn't turn much up for me, so I'll leave it to the experts here. Fill me in grin

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I bought a .300 Win Mag a few years back...1 of 300 I believe it was.

Owner had added a muzzle brake, negating any collector value.

Think I paid around $750 IIRC.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was a very limited production run with laminated stocks. But the model 70 with the boss system were as we'll and you can't give those away. Another limited run were the all terrain featherwieghts made for 1yr I seen them sell for $600-$750

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To add to it most folks are now looking for the 5 digit classics. I should of bought that 5 digit 338 in the classifieds.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Hmm, ok. I think I'll see if I can make a deal on it. It doesn't seem to be anything special from what I'm reading.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
To add to it most folks are now looking for the 5 digit classics. I should of bought that 5 digit 338 in the classifieds.

You should have sukka...That was way too cheap to pass up. I have 2 338's or I would have snagged it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by borden811
Hmm, ok. I think I'll see if I can make a deal on it. It doesn't seem to be anything special from what I'm reading.

You sure it's a "classic"???

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah Winchester did make run of crpf with the brown laminated stock nothing special. Now classic crf different story

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Yeah Winchester did make run of crpf with the brown laminated stock nothing special. Now classic crf different story

+1..If it's a "classic stainless", someone may have just slapped it in to an aftermarket laminate stock too.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Based on the pics the guy sent me, it's a model 70 classic stainless laminate. Stainless action and barrel, gray and black laminate stock. It looks like the Alaskan, but no open sights, and the butt stock comes straight back to the recoil pad, it doesn't drop down from the cheek piece, to the recoil pad like the Alaskan does(Monte Carlo). It looks like this one.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by borden811
Based on the pics the guy sent me, it's a model 70 classic stainless laminate. Stainless action and barrel, gray and black laminate stock. It looks like the Alaskan, but no open sights, and the butt stock comes straight back to the recoil pad, it doesn't drop down from the cheek piece, to the recoil pad like the Alaskan does(Monte Carlo). It looks like this one.

[Linked Image]

"Looks like" that one. Can you post pics of the actual rifle??

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Here's the only one I downloaded. I should have more tomorrow, I'm taking a trip to check it out.
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Looks like a nice classic stainless laminate to me. Very nice..

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My LGS has one for sale identical to the picture for $800. They've had it for sometime now and would take less. If the bolt were on the other side it would be in my hands.

http://shop.williamsgunsight.com/moreinfo.aspx?pid=006864&cs=/sproducts.aspx&ai=M

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Is that a Boyd's laminate stock?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

MODEL 70 CLASSIC LAMINATED STAINLESS
- .270 Win., .30-06, .300 Win. Mag., .338 Win. Mag., or 7mm Rem. Mag. cal., 24 or 26 (Mag. cals. only) in. barrel without sights, checkered grey/black laminate stock with sporter style dimensions, stainless action and barrel, 3 or 5 shot mag., approx. 8 lbs. Mfg. 1998-99.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
So, what would the going rate be for one in pretty good shape, say with a mark or two in the stainless(not what I would call scratches, but shiny rub spots), and a couple safe dings in the stock? 800ish?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
tmitch posted one that looks to be in excellent condition for $800.00. He said they've "had it for a while" and would take less than $800.00 for it. If you are doing a ftf, I'd try to get that rifle for $700.00, unless that leupold goes with it. Then I'd probably give $800.00 for it..

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Ok, I have the rifle. He had what I wanted, I had what he wanted, so to speak. I'm probably going to post it up for sale. I have my eye on something I have to have, and I figure this should sell somewhat easily, with the right price on it. I just have no idea what price to affix on it, since I don't have much experience with winchesters. I'm gonna tear it down, clean it, and get some good pics. Maybe you guys can give me a ball park price range for it. For now, the serial number is G29XXXX. The scope is a leupy vari-x II 3-9x40. The glass is perfect, the only marks on it are a scuff on one of the adjustment caps, and a small ring mark from a lower half of one ring behind the objective. Thanks for all your help thus far fellas!

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think BSA covered it well $650-700 with out scope
$750-800 with scope

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 257 mag, 219DW, 19 invisible), 1,735 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,872
Posts18,478,727
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.