Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yep.

They protected the perverts when they got caught as well.

The perfect place for an aspiring pedophile.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Yep.

They protected the perverts when they got caught as well.

The perfect place for an aspiring pedophile.

Kinda reminds one of the Village People stalking the YMCA. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I realize there are some men so strong of faith they can lead a celibate life, but I believe their number to be very few.

Way more few than how many priests are needed in this day and age.

the urge to purge ourselves of what is naturally produced in us is very, very strong.

I know it's unlikely to happen but I believe God's interests could be better served by not having men take such a vow to serve the Lord.

That's not meant as a slam against Catholics or the Catholic doctrine.

It just seems to my mind an incredibly extreme and difficult vow to make for a young man, to remain celibate.

it seems to me repressed sexual desire is often the root of great evil.

tis why I'm for the legalization of prostitution. It's been going on forever in many different forms and guises. I feel strongly that a good portion of societal ills could be avoided with a clean regulated work force of sexual therapy professionals.

though I suppose the institution of marriage could take another hit if that indeed came to pass.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
The Catholic Church long ago lost control of their seminaries, just like the mainline Protestant churches have. They are "dens of iniquity", and full of polesmokers.
This is true. The gays took over most of the Catholic seminaries by the 1950s.

That was to be expected once priests could not longer have a mistress. Normal priests dropped out and pedophiles joined up.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's like asking how many who are teachers, scout masters, day care workers, police officers, lifeguards, coaches, etc.

Some one said a long time ago. Child molesters go where the children are. Coaches don't become child molesters, for example, child molesters become coaches because that's how to get access to children.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The Catholic Church long ago lost control of their seminaries, just like the mainline Protestant churches have. They are "dens of iniquity", and full of polesmokers.
This is true. The gays took over most of the Catholic seminaries by the 1950s.

Finally, a subject hit the Campfire that the two of you are well versed in and have first-hand knowledge of.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Denver � 1969 � Students at the university across the street from Iliff School of Theology (a prominent Methodist seminary) had a nickname for the students across the street � "the Iliff atheists."

Some prominent predilection must've been brazenly obvious.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The part that is most troubling to me is not that it happens, but that when it is found out, no strong actions are taken, and that cover-ups take place or these vermin are pawned off on they who know or fend less well. Such was the scourge which was inflicted upon parts of Alaska and elsewhere. I'm not sure about this new pope, but I give him kudos for making these efforts.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I see the pope has defrocked 400 of them in just 2 years. They need more than defrocking, though. They need prison time. It's a sad blow to any church to see it's leadership fall into such sin but at least they're trying to do something about it. I have no idea just how deep it really goes.

Pope defrocks 400 priests in 2 years
Published January 17, 2014
Associated Press

Jan. 16, 2014 - Charles Scicluna, former Vatican chief prosecutor of clerical sexual abuse, waits in Geneva, Switzerland, for the start of questioning over clerical sexual abuse of children. The questioning took place at the headquarters of the office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, in Geneva. The Vatican came under blistering criticism from a U.N. committee for its handling of the global priest sex abuse scandal. (AP)

VATICAN CITY � A document obtained by The Associated Press shows Pope Benedict XVI defrocked nearly 400 priests over just two years for molesting children.

The statistics for 2011-12 represent the first time that the Vatican has provided details on the number of priests who have been defrocked. Prior to that, it had only revealed the number of alleged cases of sexual abuse it had received.

The document was prepared from data the Vatican had been collecting to help the Holy See defend itself before a U.N. committee this week in Geneva.

Archbishop Silvano Tomasi, the Vatican's U.N. ambassador in Geneva, referred to just one of the statistics in the course of eight hours of oftentimes pointed criticism and questioning from the U.N. human rights committee. The AP obtained the document Friday.

400 doesn't seem to be all that many considering the amount of priest stationed all over the world.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
1 is too many. Priests are supposed to be the pillars of the church, not the sewer.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
. . .
400 doesn't seem to be all that many considering the amount of priest stationed all over the world.

This action was probably in response to a legal requirement in a lawsuit settlement.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The world is full of pedophiles not just the church. This is the new gay agenda , indoctrinate the children into the gay life style starting with the Government Run Schools and the Churches

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I received a letter from my Diocese quite a few years ago about a priest that was an alleged pedophile. I was an alter boy during the time he was stationed at our church, and all that I had to do was sign a document stating that I was molested and I would get a rather large settlement check. I must have been really ugly because I never even heard of anything inappropriate. The part that bothered me was that no claims were made until after the priest had died, so he didn't have the opportunity to defend himself.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by duckcall
I received a letter from my Diocese quite a few years ago about a priest that was an alleged pedophile. I was an alter boy during the time he was stationed at our church, and all that I had to do was sign a document stating that I was molested and I would get a rather large settlement check. I must have been really ugly because I never even heard of anything inappropriate. The part that bothered me was that no claims were made until after the priest had died, so he didn't have the opportunity to defend himself.

offering you money sounds like a bribe to me and someone seems to have had it in for the Priest

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was cornered in an ultra aggressive manner by a homosexual/pedophile Catholic Priest in 1977 at the age of 16. With his gay lover, he was running a Catholic sponsored hostel in Virginia along the Appalachian Trail. I had to threaten him within an inch of his life to back away from me. Not something you soon forget... I like Catholics, I loathe the non-biblical legalistic Catholic hierarchy.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
As a former Catholic I know that the faithful, the real church is sitting in the pews, the folks on the altar have largely squandered their inheritance. I left not because of the pedophile priests, I left because of the management cover up. Satan loves religion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe it was the former pope who done the good deed.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Some people are kind, polite, and sweet spirited....................until you try to sit in their pew.

I will not belong to any organization that will have me.
Especially organized religion.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I believe it was the former pope who done the good deed.

Yes, funny how he is also the only one to ever be retired instead of dying in the job.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 240NMC, 33 invisible), 2,014 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,089
Posts18,501,838
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.