-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2,572 of 2,579 1 2 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2578 2579
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You fellas chattin' about Erie and the Cuyahoga provides a minor point of entry about something I'm involved in here in the Algal Mat State; water resource mgmt. I am a thorn in the state's butt over that issue.

We have over 2,700 water body segments in the state on the Impaired Waters List. It ain't what it was but could be one helluva lot better than it is. I do let others whine about gerbils, my focus is of an economic nature. We have pissed all over a resource that generated over $600 billion to florida's economy annually for the year ending in 2008. There isn't a close second place. The argument bothers my liberal Republicans. Azzholes. It ain't rocket surgery.

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

HR IC

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Talking about Saginaw Bay walleye fishing....The Bay is my backyard. I fish all over the Great Lakes but the Bay is home and it's still my fave. It's not solitude fishing, so Poobs may be disappointed. Anymore it's all about numbers and fine eating....Our water is kinda purty too...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I have buds that drive up from NH to the east end of the lake on the NY side for spring lakers...I think they fish Lake Ontario

Last edited by fatjack34; 01/19/14.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
You fellas chattin' about Erie and the Cuyahoga provides a minor point of entry about something I'm involved in here in the Algal Mat State; water resource mgmt. I am a thorn in the state's butt over that issue.

We have over 2,700 water body segments in the state on the Impaired Waters List. It ain't what it was but could be one helluva lot better than it is. I do let others whine about gerbils, my focus is of an economic nature. We have pissed all over a resource that generated over $600 billion to florida's economy annually for the year ending in 2008. There isn't a close second place. The argument bothers my liberal Republicans. Azzholes. It ain't rocket surgery.

BD

As I recall BD, the last time we had lunch together, you were on your way to give some Water Advisory board a world of schit about this very issue! grin

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by SSB
Talking about Saginaw Bay walleye fishing....The Bay is my backyard. I fish all over the Great Lakes but the Bay is home and it's still my fave. It's not solitude fishing, so Poobs may be disappointed. Anymore it's all about numbers and fine eating....Our water is kinda purty too...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

SSB......dude, your Pink Panties and Barbie Doll are showing in that last pic with your PA's...... grin

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
This is all good stuff to hear about Erie and other fisheries back there. The zebra mussels seem to be too much of a good thing, as you pointed out, but otherwise we would have never believed the lake would have turned around like it has after the 60s�there is hope.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Keith...10-4 on the panties and the Dolls.....the pink on those rods are most likely Pink Big Jon Divers.....they are may favorite presentation when the fish go aggressive...

PA's can still be a great presentation....they sure put some money in my pocket in the local tournaments years ago....:)

Ingwe, the zeebs are definately too much of a good thing......Crystal clear water isn't fertile water..for a lakes baitfish population anyway.

I should add because of the fact I run a 28ft 10 wide boat, our favorite presentation also involves a 100 qt cooler of your favorite beverge, sunscreen, and a very laid back attitude ....

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by frogman43

As I recall BD, the last time we had lunch together, you were on your way to give some Water Advisory board a world of schit about this very issue! grin

True dat. The crap going on down here, well, Tarantino couldn't make it up.

I'm not going to preach to the choir about it, but the way I see it, if one protects the foundation of the resource the rest of it (habitat & productivity) will mostly take care of itself. Anytime we (the state regulators) make a decision to allow further degradation of the resource what we are doing is subsidizing current activities at the expense of future generations and snuffing economic opportunity on their watch. The restoration of water resources, both surface and in the aquifer is hideously expensive. Phuoc a buncha subsidies.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SSB

I should add because of the fact I run a 28ft 10 wide boat, our favorite presentation also involves a 100 qt cooler of your favorite beverge, sunscreen, and a very laid back attitude ....

If you gotta fish crowded, might as well fish comfortable!

Actually it all sounds like the opposite of what I do, and the idea of more comfort gets better every year. We fish by wading the creeks, and catch small trout. All amenities are back at the truck, and sometimes some hard walking to get there�.

Hmmmmm, this lakes stuff is sounding better�... whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by SSB
Keith...10-4 on the panties and the Dolls.....the pink on those rods are most likely Pink Big Jon Divers.....they are may favorite presentation when the fish go aggressive...

PA's can still be a great presentation....they sure put some money in my pocket in the local tournaments years ago....:)

Ingwe, the zeebs are definately too much of a good thing......Crystal clear water isn't fertile water..for a lakes baitfish population anyway.

well the next time you need a crew member give me a holler! I mainly run with in-lines and my Offshore boards on Saginaw. Don't run a dipsey unless I'm on the central basin of erie......but that's where they do shine! I will drop a Jet diver when running spoons.....only way to fly!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Poobah, if you make it back this way, you have but to contact me and we'll find a way to get you after some walleye!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[bleep] fishing....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That would be some big fun on the dirt rats..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Comfortable? Probably...

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by DanAdair
I'll freely admit. I'm not above slumming Yuban.

This was 1st week of bow, a weeklong trip in The Bob. Lunch break, day 3, in camp. I was actually trying to kill an Elk, a lot. I only do the axe trick in the summer, on fishing trips.
[Linked Image]

Why did you take a life size Yoda doll into the woods?

Is he grinding coffee beans?

Does anybody know for sure?

Ice

It's called a hunting buddy. He usually packs in, then plays camp bitch for the 1st day because he's sore. The old bastid is tough as hell though, he's 50 something percent disabled courtesy of the US Army, and very much in need of a new hip. He's in Afghanistan right now, so I've been cheating on him with a guy named Randy.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Sports bra, w/ nipple cutouts.

Instant Mensa status is awarded to BGG.

I'm Irish...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A guy named Randy or a guy who IS randy....? whistle

Nice pic, BTW.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22
[bleep] fishing....

[Linked Image]

A big +1!

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave
I'll freely admit. I'm not above slumming Yuban.

This was 1st week of bow, a weeklong trip in The Bob. Lunch break, day 3, in camp. I was actually trying to kill an Elk, a lot. I only do the axe trick in the summer, on fishing trips.
[Linked Image]

Why did you take a life size Yoda doll into the woods?

Is he grinding coffee beans?

Does anybody know for sure?

Ice

It's called a hunting buddy. He usually packs in, then plays camp bitch for the 1st day because he's sore. The old bastid is tough as hell though, he's 50 something percent disabled courtesy of the US Army, and very much in need of a new hip. He's in Afghanistan right now, so I've been cheating on him with a guy named Randy.

How far from the truck is that camp?

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
6 1/2 miles.

I'll admit it..... We packed in an axe, bow saw, the Jetboil with french press, 2 cans of fuel, and a cheap axe on a scouting trip in July.

Did you Duece anything to death?
Next time try eating at Taco Bell and McDonalds in the same 24 hour period smile

I'm Irish...

Page 2,572 of 2,579 1 2 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,927
Posts18,498,596
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.