Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Seems these days it's nearly a requirement for most people. First pistol training I took was before tritium night sites really gained any popularity at all. So we trained to be able to hit a target all the way out the 25 yards without using our sights. It wasnt as difficult as I thought it would be.

I only have night sights on one of my defensive pistols. None of my pocket guns have night sights.

So who carries without night sights, and do you feel under armed or significantly disadvantaged?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't. I'm sure they could be beneficial in some situations but like you, I mostly point shoot mine when practicing. If I use sights at all it's just to look over the slide and keep the front sight in the bottom of peripheral vision. That's why I've always made it a big deal to get a pistol that fits and points where you're looking.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My LCR doesn't, but since discovering Amerigun, that will get changed pretty quick.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Other than that, my carry guns wear N/S.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Seems these days it's nearly a requirement for most people. First pistol training I took was before tritium night sites really gained any popularity at all. So we trained to be able to hit a target all the way out the 25 yards without using our sights. It wasnt as difficult as I thought it would be.

I only have night sights on one of my defensive pistols. None of my pocket guns have night sights.

So who carries without night sights, and do you feel under armed or significantly disadvantaged?
My EDC is an old (though like new when I bought it, and still in excellent condition) Model 38 S&W Airweight revolver. It's got no night sights, and I don't feel particularly disadvantaged. Would I feel a bit better if it did have them? Sure, but it's not so much an imperative as to motivate me to have it done.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I rely on the Force much of the time. Too much, perhaps. Night sights are better, I'll admit.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My g23 has the factory sights installed still.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J-frames don't, most others do, some have lasers.

MM

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
S&W 642 No.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My LW Kimber Custom Shop Commander has Factory night sights. As do all my Glock Models I own, and sometimes use for CCW.

Only carry gun I have with out Night Sights is my little S&W .38 Bodygaurd revolver. But it has the Factory Lazer on it.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
J-frames don't, most others do, some have lasers.

MM
I have night sights and CTC on my daily carry gun. I like the laser, good piece of kit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, lasers are good, especially good on 1911's as the design fits well.

Not quite so crazy about the fitment on Glocks but they still work & provide the same advantage.

MM

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Can't understand why anyone would want their front sight to be invisible.

Travis

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
If it's dark and I want to see, I just shoot once, the fireball lights up the area well enough....

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This place can be downright bizarre at times.

In one thread you've got guys who won't go into the 7-11 without a flashlight, two guns and three magazines and who wear two holsters (one empty) so that their pistol will always be instantly available no matter if they're standing or sitting.

Then in another thread people don't have night sights because they don't even need any sights at all.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
This place can be downright bizarre at times.

In one thread you've got guys who won't go into the 7-11 without a flashlight, two guns and three magazines and who wear two holsters (one empty) so that their pistol will always be instantly available no matter if they're standing or sitting.

Then in another thread people don't have night sights because they don't even need any sights at all.

This is very true.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

[Linked Image]

Haven't been paying too much attention lately, so must have missed that one.........there has been some funny stuff the last few months tho.

MM

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

Since I'm not in the cop business, I don't need to pull off 25yd shots at night. Not hard to hit at arms length. So I don't use night sights.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Couldn't imagine a CC weapon without 'em.

Gunner

Trump Won!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't.

I've always been satisfied with whatever sights the manufacturer originally installed on the handgun.
From my Vaquero's top-strap rear sight groove to the small G.I. Sights on my 1911 - I never paid any of 'em no mind at all.

- A shot in the dark.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 68 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,195
Posts18,524,054
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.