Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I just went on a diet and now if I don't carry my pants want to fall off.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
some suggest increasing your pants waist 1-2" in size. also, use a real gun belt. either a wilderness belt type or a true leather gunbelt.

The pants size is certainly a consideration for any IWB holster but I've not found that a heavy "gun belt" is required for a Glock 19 in a Crossbreed. I prefer a simple Safariland buckleless velcro belt, the same one that many cops use as an "inner" belt for a duty rig. The nylon one works as well as the leather version and Copquest sells them for about twenty bucks.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
some suggest increasing your pants waist 1-2" in size. also, use a real gun belt. either a wilderness belt type or a true leather gunbelt.

The pants size is certainly a consideration for any IWB holster but I've not found that a heavy "gun belt" is required for a Glock 19 in a Crossbreed. I prefer a simple Safariland buckleless velcro belt, the same one that many cops use as an "inner" belt for a duty rig. The nylon one works as well as the leather version and Copquest sells them for about twenty bucks.

a Glock certainly isn't a heavy pistol, and i agree, a heavy belt isn't necessary. i guess i wanted to suggest that a regular dress belt would probably be lacking, and a belt designed for holsters would be better.

ked

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Travis, which attachment option on that holster. And where do you like to carry with that type? Sorry, new to the covert carry thing...

Thanks, Scott, I am checking those out, as well.

My Infidel only has the two leather straps and the Kydex holster.

I loaned it to BillyGoatGruff for a while and he switched to one also. Love 'em.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If your going to do IWB thing, you want a pants size larger than what you normally wear. Same with belt. You want to carry the weapon right where the divot is in the cheek your buttock, and that's as nice as I can say it. It will be readily accessible and comfortable. I carry my old service weapon, a Glock 17 in a Blade Tech Razor. My rule is plastic gun, kydex. Steel gun, leather. I shy away from the Cross Breed as I think that leather would get warm when its 90ish outside. Also kydex won't absorb moisture or odor. Its fast, secure, and quiet. I have heard nothing but good things with the Comp Tac Infidel, but don't have experience with it. I use loops instead of clips, as clips don't always stay on the belt during a draw. Loops almost always do unless they are worn out. That said, if your taking your gun on and off several times a day, a clip might be the best bet.

Last edited by Lee_Woiteshek; 01/31/14.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I fought with this problem for a long time and finally settled on a pocket pistol with a pocket holster, carrying kids half the time makes carrying a gun tough

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Or put it together yourself and save more than half the cost of CrossBreed.

http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (219 Wasp, 257man, 219DW, 10ring1, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 42 invisible), 1,864 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,219
Posts18,524,559
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.