Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
It's not that complicated DD...

The verse that talks about it states that a man will leave his family and cleave to his wife and that the two will become one flesh.

It's referring to the fact that when you pick a life mate, you and they are to be on the same team. You're one team, one unit. No longer a part of that other family unit to the same degree that you were prior to marriage.

Nothing more complicated than that and it doesn't violate any metaphysical ideologies.

Ah but it does, on the one hand you are saying you are to become one reality but on the other hand Christianity is two realities. No wonder being a Christian is such a difficult task.

Well I just noticed I have to get going if I'm to go for coffee and read and study some more philosophy. I'm reading "The Druids" right now. Maybe back later.

Explain how Christianity is two realities.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The verse that talks about it states that a man will leave his family and cleave to his wife and that the two will become one flesh.

It's referring to the fact that when you pick a life mate, you and they are to be on the same team. You're one team, one unit. No longer a part of that other family unit to the same degree that you were prior to marriage.

Nothing more complicated than that and it doesn't violate any metaphysical ideologies.

Ah but it does, on the one hand you are saying you are to become one reality but on the other hand Christianity is two realities. No wonder being a Christian is such a difficult task.

Well I just noticed I have to get going if I'm to go for coffee and read and study some more philosophy. I'm reading "The Druids" right now. Maybe back later.

You don't have to leave one reality to embrace the other.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
There's only one reality... the only thing that changes is where you are at... well, that and the latest philosophies.

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Explain how Christianity is two realities.

I'm back at least for a while.

While I was gone I gave this some thought on how I could simplify this.

Good versus evil. The good god versus the evil god. The good god goes by many names, Jehovah, The Father, The Son, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, etc. The evil god goes by many names as well Satan, Lucifer, The Devil, The Fallen Angel, etc. Good is always fighting evil and evil is always fighting good. Two realities in constant conflict.

Monism is one. There is only the One there is no good versus evil. Good and evil are opposite polarities, opposite aspects in the One. A monist, realizing there is only one reality, seeks balance between the two opposites to create harmony in the One.

The Bible is full dualism between opposites in constant conflict, heterosexuals against homosexuals, religions against religions, countries against countries, families against families, husbands against wives, etc. Once the principles of dualism is understood it becomes real easy to see the dualism of Christianity. Of course, studying and understanding the theology and philosophy of the countries of the Middle East that make up Christianity and Judaism helps to understand the principle of dualism even better.

I wish I was sitting around a real campfire as I could use my yin and yang pendent to explain this principle a lot easier.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You don't have to leave one reality to embrace the other.

I don't think you truly understand what you are saying here. If you accept two realities you are a dualist. If you accept more than two realities you are a pluralist.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
You know what's weird...

An actor who deals in make believe can make a fortune...

A philosophy major who deals in make believe makes 7.50 at MikeyD's...

Dual realities?

Kent

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Actually, the original topic was the revelation that modern research proves that a good sex life is beneficial to the health of living souls, IIRC.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball
Actually, the original topic was the revelation that modern research proves that a good sex life is beneficial to the health of living souls, IIRC.

That's true I did take us down another path based on your title. My bad.

No doubt a good sex life is beneficial to a healthy soul if one doesn't mind having a bazillion kids.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
God uses the foolish things to shame the wise. And, especially those who think they are wise. They become futile in their speculations. So, the foolishness of God is wiser than men.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by eyeball
I never read of dualism or trifectas or anything like that in The Bible, DD.

I have no control of over your religious ignorance.

That's a nice thing about not being a part of organized religion any only reading the official propaganda, one really gets to know things. No offense intended.

As I said I would probably regret going where no man should ever go a closed mine. Sorry.

Interesing that as a non christian you are more confused about it than I am as a christian.

Fairly simple actually, I believe, do what I interpret as right and live my life. None of this mono, duo etc... stuff gets in my head.

Which is really where you should be, non christian, should not have questions about christianity IMHO, you run your route, we'll run ours.

Regards, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know I'm going to regret this but I can't resist.

How do two people become one under Christianity when Christian reality is dualist?

Because they refer to two entirely different things.

I really don't care to write a book about this, it is something you should reflect on. So if the pedants will pardon my brevity, I'd appreciate it.

While male and female are two elements in a duality, when joined together they create a whole that is greater than the sum of the two alone. For instance, when making decisions, it is better to make them based on the good of the whole (called a marriage) rather than that of the individuals. Some people liken marriage to a powerful third person.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BarryC
Some people liken marriage to a powerful third person.

And, a cord of three strands is not easily broken.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

As I said I would probably regret going where no man should ever go a closed mine.

Yes, a closed mine will definitely lead you into darkness. laugh

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Robert E. Lee
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I know I'm going to regret this but I can't resist.

How do two people become one under Christianity when Christian reality is dualist?

Because they refer to two entirely different things.

I really don't care to write a book about this, it is something you should reflect on. So if the pedants will pardon my brevity, I'd appreciate it.

While male and female are two elements in a duality, when joined together they create a whole that is greater than the sum of the two alone. For instance, when making decisions, it is better to make them based on the good of the whole (called a marriage) rather than that of the individuals. Some people liken marriage to a powerful third person.

Well said, Barry. The problem is, the good of the whole often comes secondary to a partner who demands their way.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say its a load of crap.
I know a lot of married people that have intercourse regularly that are as dumb as dirt.
The bulk of poor people for example. They reproduce prodigiously and arent noted for their brilliance. Quite the opposite in fact.

As a matter of fact, all the smartest people I've known didnt have much intercourse.... either as adolescents or adults.
The US ranks 37th in life expectancy and I'd venture a guess that more screwing goes on here than most parts of the world.

The funny part to all this being people pretending to know what the Deity has ordained as "living well"? Tossers.

Last edited by AKA_Spook; 02/02/14.

.... like tears in the rain
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Some people liken marriage to a powerful third person.

And, a cord of three strands is not easily broken.

Yea, that third person can be a biotch (marriage) or an angel, whichever the boss wants it to go down as in history.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (1minute, 160user, 12344mag, 219DW, 219 Wasp, 1moredeer, 69 invisible), 2,805 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,851
Posts18,497,013
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.