Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
....how's this one going to shake out..?

[b][color:#3333FF]Link to video...![/color][/b]

Good thing it was caught on camera, or it would be tough to believe: A California Highway Patrol officer put an on-duty Chula Vista firefighter in handcuffs for refusing to move his truck while tending to victims of a car crash.

As he was being handcuffed on the side of the 805 Freeway near Orange County, the firefighter, 12-year veteran Jacob Gregoire, told reporters who had gathered, "I just want to let you all know he�s arresting me."

Later, according to CBS News 8, Gregoire told the arresting officer, whose name has not been released, "It�s unbelievable you guys have to treat us like this. We are trying to help you guys."

The officer replied, "We asked you to clear the road, you said �No.� You are being arrested for not moving."

Gregoire was reportedly detained in the back of a highway patrol car for several minutes before being released. He was not charged.

Chula Vista Fire Chief Dave Hanneman told CBS, "To detain one of our firefighters in the middle of an incident is ridiculous."

In a statement, Hanneman praised the firefighters for doing what they were trained to do � protecting the scene of an accident with their trucks.

Hanneman told the San Diego Union-Tribune, "The CHP is going to investigate. I think a lot of this had to do with communication."

The Union-Tribune reports the car accident resulted in two injuries. One person was hospitalized.

The two sides have since made peace. In a joint statement, representatives from the police and fire departments announced this was an "isolated incident and not representative of the manner in which our agencies normally work together toward our common goal," CBS Los Angeles reported.

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Sounds like the guy who pulled Blue over for trying not to run over him.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This doesn't surprise me at all. CHP is full of blowhards.

Eric

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd have made him take me to jail. That would have been a fun one in court.

Lots of folks out their don't have the first [bleep] clue about anything if it ain't written in a book.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wah...somebody needs to get a refresher on who's in charge at a scene like that.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The car accident victim should sue CHP for wrongful interference with the medical/rescue effort.

Eric

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Our guys are trained to position the apparatus in such a way as to protect our guys, and the patients in a vehicle incident. I would have let him take me to jail.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Wah...somebody needs to get a refresher on who's in charge at a scene like that.

Who is the incident commander in this one Pat.

Seems should be police.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Seems should be police.

Should be "Unified Command"....both agencies work together.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right. LE's in charge there. If I went to a house fire and parked on top of a fire hose and refused to move, I would expect to get arrested by a Fire Marshal or Arsen Investigator.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Batchief909

Seems should be police.

Yes it should, and this case, LE has to be the incident commander.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I agree,,,but cooler heads working together in a unified command structure....would have (or should I say SHOULD have) avoided this BS.. wink

Last edited by Batchief909; 02/06/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No doubt, and we both know why stuff like this really happens. smile

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No doubt, and we both know why stuff like this really happens. smile

Yep... cool

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Batchief909

Seems should be police.

Have to have a one person boss.
Sure you can work together, but you have to have "one" boss. The LEO, if his Sargent shows up he is the boss, right up the line.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Around here the FF/EMS (officer) is in charge of the incident. LEO takes over after we've transported.

After the Blackstock fire incident command was emphasized.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If people like you and I had a scene we'd be trying to get each other to be in charge. laugh

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
according to bits I"ve read about this the last few days, CHP controls everything on the highway, unlike here in TX.

Here, I have the ability to shut the road down if I deem it needed.

We TRY not to unless absolutely needed, but if its critical for example and I need to put a helo down in the road and no other choice, its shut down without a second thought and no LE will challenge it here.

I suspect there might, as usual, be a lot more behind the scenes on this one.

I get daily updates on fire incidents nationwide so we'll sure hear more at some point.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If people like you and I had a scene we'd be trying to get each other to be in charge. laugh

That ain't no schit, bro! LOL!! grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Around here the FF/EMS (officer) is in charge of the incident. LEO takes over after we've transported.

After the Blackstock fire incident command was emphasized.

That's interesting. So a fireman can tell the State Police what to do at accidents in Washington?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (257Bob, 257Ackley, 1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,696
Posts18,534,605
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.