Print Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 71 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 70 71
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
A lot of very nice rifles here guys. Thanks for posting...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Newest M 70,a Winchester RMEF Shot Show special.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm new to the campfire as far as posting, but I've been gleaning information for a couple months. Had a little trouble with logins for a while, but seem to be firing on all cylinders now.

I figured I'd post a little eye candy to introduce myself. This is kind of a cross between "show your model 70's" and "what did you get this year".

Hope you all likey.
[Linked Image]

What I believe to be a 1961 version. .264 Win Mag in pristine condition. Deciding on scope.

[Linked Image]

floorplate

[Linked Image]

.264 with .270 Win little brother

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
LD, nice rifles there, welcome to the forum and thanks for putting up the pics....

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Since I'm seriously considering a stock refinish on my newest M70, I'd like to know, too. Awesome looking M70.
Bob

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I know someone that does pre 64 model 70 stocks similar to that and they are a thing of beauty. Far better than anything that came off the factory floor. He re-cuts the checkering as well and is a true artist. I can't give out his name though. I consider him a good friend and don't want to break that bond wink

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Fellas,
I also want more "facts" about this fine piece of art I've been charged with its stewardship. But, I'm also searching for the nitty gritty detail. The previous owner was a young dealer I was blessed to deal with. Good guy, but not great about gathering details. That's ok. We'll figure it out here. smile

This is no Featherweight, as you all already know. I love the feedback here, and will bust my a$$ to help with identification or work done. I have been all over this rifle and my personal opinion is:
1. I don't give a rat'$ ass if someone says the barrel has been reblued. That's all good!! in my favor..
2. I don't think this rifle has been fired... much.. ever.
3. If you disagree with me on #2, I don't care. I have my opinion and reasons for saying that.
4. Yes, the stock finish is mesmerizing.. and I also think it's refinished. But, why?? I just don't know what went on there, myself. However, I'd love to watch it done again! I don't think it's original. But, they didn't make many of them, so could be some hybrids I don't know about.

I love the feedback here. Keep it up fellas!

LD

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Someone put some time into this one. There's some minor details that I see that tells me this. Beautiful rifle my friend and I wouldn't care if it's been professionally refinished either. You have a keeper and I'd hang on to it. A good buddy of mine once asked me, why would a nice refinish like this actually depreciate the value of a fine firearm? I didn't have much to say except. I wish they came out of the factory like that!!!!!

BSA MAGA
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Got this one today.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Nice fwt, hope it shoots atleast 1/2 as good as mine laugh....55-58? Which is it?

BSA MAGA
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Think it's a '55. The first three numbers are 334.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
April of 1955. Awesome man. The first year of the 30-06 fwt. Nice snag there and I truly meant it when I said I hope it shoots at least 1/2 as good as mine laugh. After I got mine, I realized I didn't need my new Extreme Weather 30-06 or my other 30-06 sick. I love mine!!!

BSA MAGA
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Thanks BSA,I looked and figured it was early 1955. The bore on this rifle is like a mirror ie whom ever owned it did not shot it much. Right now going to use the iron sights and when I get some money,I'll get Talley's and either a 4x or 6x scope for it. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Someone put some time into this one. There's some minor details that I see that tells me this. Beautiful rifle my friend and I wouldn't care if it's been professionally refinished either. You have a keeper and I'd hang on to it. A good buddy of mine once asked me, why would a nice refinish like this actually depreciate the value of a fine firearm? I didn't have much to say except. I wish they came out of the factory like that!!!!!

Thank you, bsa. I've enjoyed many of your posts here at the campfire, a number of which helped lead me to this rifle. I t would take some effort by me to push this fine rifle out of the top bracket of all that I've ever owned. I plan on being its proud steward for some time.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I found out this morning from the dealer I bought my .264 Win Mag from that no prior history on my rifle was available. He bought it from an estate sale in northern Missouri and didn't remember the name of the estate.

Sorry, Fellas. I was really hoping I could get a little more info from the dealer. If anybody has any ideas about how to sleuth it further, I'm all ears.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
TDN Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good thread bump, hope to add some pics again soon

"You know why nobody panic buys 30-06 ammo? ... Because men with 30-06's don't panic"
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
tdn, you've had some beauties. You need to start treating them like your own children, not foster kids laugh..However, I look forward to seeing more of what you bring to the table. You never know, I might buy the next one you sell laugh

BSA MAGA
Page 33 of 71 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 70 71

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

368 members (260Remguy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1lesfox, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 52 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,617
Posts18,473,985
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.