Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by gunner500
LOL, crack a straight [non drug fueled] human with a bat 95% will fall and cry, crack a buck deer with a bat, he'll kick or gore the hell out ya then run off. grin

Gunner

When I was 16 I cracked an 8 point up side the head with a claw hammer and knocked him to his knees. He'd had enough.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Not lunium. laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by jwp475
LOL, crack a straight [non drug fueled] human with a bat 95% will fall and cry, crack a buck deer with a bat, he'll kick or gore the hell out ya then run off. grin

Gunner

When I was 16 I cracked an 8 point up side the head with a claw hammer and knocked him to his knees. He'd had enough.

Was you outta bullets or was he trying to horn his way into the feed shed? grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
look at felons shot with nines to go to the hospital and recover.
more then one hit too.
A .22 can kill but is it what you want to hunt deer or larger with?
Any nine sucks for accuracy so add that to 99.9% of pistol hunters that can't hit a thing but still will tell you that where you hit counts.
A man hit with a nine can still kill you and a deer hit is gone, a loss you must face for your stupidity.
It is stupid to shoot a bad person with a nine anyway. See why the guns have a huge magazine capacity? Most shots are a miss anyway.
The average jerk cant hit when his life is in danger. The deer hunter has buck fever and does not know where a shot goes.
Sorry, my respect for animals does no let me go to stupid stuff.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I can tell you what happens to a perp after he shoots a man in the chest with a 38 spec too, he gets disarmed and cracked across the top of his head with his own revolver and receives fused vertebrae for his troubles.

Last check he was still in a home sitting in a wheel chair drooling down his bib all day. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Gunner

Gunner

I was repairing a fence and he hit me in the back, so Inwent upside his head with the claw hammer knocked him to his knees, he didn't want anymore.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Gunner

Gunner

I was repairing a fence and he hit me in the back, so Inwent upside his head with the claw hammer knocked him to his knees, he didn't want anymore.

you shouldn't work with a big hole in the seat of your pants during the Rut

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn, 10-4.

LOL Bea. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I had a friend try shooting an antelope in the head once.
The bullet hit the jaw and after seeing that I would never try a head shot except on a prairie dog.
A lot of police have dropped the 9mm and gone to the 40.
There must be a reason.
I say leave the 9mm in the holster and use the rifle.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by ldholton
Expressly illeagle in MO. along with 38 special

Incorrect... MDC changed those regulations several years ago.
I looked it up I stand corrected. The way the new law reads a .25acp or .17 hornet would be legal; un freaking real IMO

Last edited by ldholton; 02/08/14.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Some are just stupid and do not care about animals at all. You hunt to kill clean with no pain and the fastest kill. Taking an animal to eat is not sport, I have never found killing "SPORT" and hunt for meat, not a stupid rack.
Sure we get excited, it is why we hunt
Just how many ethical hunters would use a .38 S&W for deer?
who is so stupid to use a nine for deer?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Agreed, my deer loaded revolvers use to begin at 45 Colt and go up, but now with my new flat-top 44 Special, I'd use the 275 gr WFNGC's at 1000 fps without hesitation on any deer, black bear or hog.

Gunner

Trump Won!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I think it would be a good idea for the op to hunt hogs with the 9mm.
Then he would have an idea what it's capabilities are.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I can't think of any good reason to hunt deer with a 9mm pistol. A survival situation may be a different story, but for any other scenario, using a gun that isn't really well suited to the task is little more than a stunt. A game animal deserves better. YMMV.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would not think a 9mm ,especially if loaded with typical walmart ammo would work well, based on my experience with a friend carlos using a 9mm hi-power on a larger hog, that probably weighed 270 lbs.
Carlos, Allan and I walked up a swamp buggy track in the glades one day and saw a huge hog lying in the muddy tracks,in the saw grass.
my friend assumed the tracked buggy had run over that hog and walked up to within about 10-11 feet from where the hog, was, the darn hog must of been resting and partly deaf, lying in the buggy track, it jumped up to face him, carlos drew his 9mm loaded with 9mm hollow points and started blasting the hog,he hit it at least 7-8 times out of the 13 shot magazine,(bad shot placement but he emptied the pistol) it knocked carlos down and probably would have done a great deal more damage if Allan had not shot it in the head from about 3 feet with a 12 ga loaded with buckshot.
carlos got cuts on both legs while trying to kick the hog off him, requiring dozens of stitches and they got infected keeping him out of work for 3 weeks
We had to rush carlos to the local emergency room !
I was carrying in a tree stand and the whole deal from the time the hog jumped up until Allan dropped it probably lasted 7 seconds.
we spent the rest of the day getting carlos to the emergency room and waiting to find out how bad he was.

Last edited by 340mag; 02/08/14.
B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
So the reality is that most who have responded have NO experience but just expressing an opinion based on nothing.
Imagine that !

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bea175
The light bullet would loose energy really quick out to 50 yards . Bullet weight makes all the difference in a handgun for hunting. If i was using one of my 9mm i would use the Federal HST 9mm +P 147 grain and not shoot past 30 yards

FYI,

A quick grab from my Speer manual and plugging into an online calc shows this-
115 gr, max load @ 1258, at 50 yards has energy of 302
147 gr, max load @ 1001, at 50 yards has energy of 288

They start with 404 and 327 foot pounds; the heavy pulls ahead by 70 yards.

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I would be hunting with the rifle and only use the 9mm handgun if everything was Just right.
Might even kill one with rifle and the shoot it with the 9mm to see what kind of penetration and expansion I get.
Thanks for your input.

Maybe take a Red Rider BB gun with you and if it gets close enough and turns just right you can shoot its eye out

I would say there is a ton of difference between a Red Ryder and a Bullet which can penetrate vitals and destroy tissue and actually kill.
But if you want to be a smart ass be my guest.

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
[quote=bfrshooter]look at felons shot with nines to go to the hospital and recover.
I seriously doubt all felons shot with a nine go to the hospital and recover!
more then one hit too.
A .22 can kill but is it what you want to hunt deer or larger with?
Any nine sucks for accuracy so add that to 99.9% of pistol hunters that can't hit a thing but still will tell you that where you hit counts.
A man hit with a nine can still kill you and a deer hit is gone, a loss you must face for your stupidity.
You sound pretty stupid in the way you replied to a simple question.
It is stupid to shoot a bad person with a nine anyway. See why the guns have a huge magazine capacity? Most shots are a miss anyway.
Your ignorance is truly showing.
The average jerk cant hit when his life is in danger. The deer hunter has buck fever and does not know where a shot goes.
Man you are really on a roll.NOT
Sorry, my respect for animals does no let me go to stupid stuff.
From reading all you have written I suspect stupid is part of your every day.
So you actually have no experience as far as using a 9mm then?38 special,357?
Surely your not one of those guys who thinks you have to have a cannon to kill a deer humanely?

Last edited by bcraig; 02/08/14.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Gunner

I know a "boy", who one night at the bar picked up a pool cue in the middle of a fist fight.

The fist fight quickly turned into a gun fight. Said "boy" took nine rounds before he laid down the pool cue. Four were from a 9 and five were from a 45. Lucky for him both antagonists were loaded with ball ammo.

Yeah, he was in the hospital a few weeks, but he was back to work beside me tossing 100 lb bags of sugar by the next spring.

I have never seen any deer with that kind of persistence.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

420 members (163bc, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 38 invisible), 1,904 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,635
Posts18,493,138
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.