Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Albuquerque or small towns around it. Lot of sunshine, mild winters but there are four seasons, hunting not far away,

Belen, Las Lunas, Algodones, Bernalillo

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Gophergunner: You would fit in well in southern Mexico!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Still a die hard Buckeyes fan.

Jeff, with some hard work, therapy, and proper medication, you can be cured of that dreaded affliction. Perhaps an exorcism is in order. Go Blue.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sequim, WA. Look it up.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have a look at Western and Central Virginia.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Demographics are very good here too.
+1, I can go 2-3 weeks without seeing a demographic disappointment.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gophergunner where ever you go, if you go, rent for one year.
Look the area over, get to know what's good and what's the bad areas. If you don't like that town, very easy to move. Gives you a year to find out about the area.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I don't agree with that, but whatever works.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Still a die hard Buckeyes fan.

Jeff, with some hard work, therapy, and proper medication, you can be cured of that dreaded affliction. Perhaps an exorcism is in order. Go Blue.
Charlie, thanks for your concern and encouragement, but I'm afraid my addiction is past the point of no return.

I won't even think about buying gas in Michigan.
Those danged Badgers were made to be stomped into a puddle of goo.
Wildcats can't put up much of a fight.
Lions are puzzies-especially those from Pennsylvania.
What the [bleep] actually is a Spartan any ways?
Wolverines are just furry little rodents with bad attitudes.
Bowl games seem to have been made to be lost-still can't turn that one around!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Gophergunner where ever you go, if you go, rent for one year.
Look the area over, get to know what's good and what's the bad areas. If you don't like that town, very easy to move. Gives you a year to find out about the area.
Sounds like good advice to me.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
How about Pa? Big state with a variety of terrain, that gives you a choice in how much winter you want. Here in Somerset, we've had a couple of -13 or so mornings but it didn't last more than a day or two. Dad had a -22 in DuBois one day. Down off the mountain and the Allegheny Plateau, it stays quite a bit warmer, I think Lancaster had 0 on the mornings we were at -13.

Depending on your weapon choice and area, deer season runs from the middle of September to the end of January. Bear, small game, turkeys, waterfowl etc. are available.

Except for Philthy and Pittsburgh, Pa. is filled with good folks (despite what Steely thinks of us Yankees).

Pretty decent gun laws too. Sports teams wear Black and Gold or Blue and White!

Dale

This space for rent

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Two weeks of below zero sunrises has the wife and me thinking a bit about heading south. We love it up here in Minnesota, but we're 10 years from retirement, and just don't weather these brutal winter temps as well as we did a decade ago.

My requirements would be good hunting and fishing, affordable housing, and good medical facilities. I'd like a little bit of winter, but not this 20 below zero crap on a frequent basis we've been experiencing this year. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks for your input. I'm an optician, and should be able to find work in my field pretty easily, possibly transferring with my current employer, which is Wal-Mart. My wife does pre-school out of the house.

Texas fits your request to a T.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Wait a month and maybe those feelings will go away.

1Minute
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Two weeks of below zero sunrises has the wife and me thinking a bit about heading south. We love it up here in Minnesota, but we're 10 years from retirement, and just don't weather these brutal winter temps as well as we did a decade ago.

I can't wait until my wife gets to that same point.. frown I love WI too, but I've had it up to HERE with the winters. Besides, at some point there's no way I'll be physically able to take care of this place..

Best wishes on the relocation - and keep us informed as to your final choice....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Pack er up! Your kids are gone, MN TAXES and politics suck. Buy or rent a place where you don't have to shovel snow. Buy a truck with a camper if you miss MN and visit in June - October.

I'm in the planning stages as well. This isn't the MN I knew and grew up in. I figured that out about 1 week in when I moved back.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
50's would be about average highs of mid-late November with 30's for low's.

The only way I can think of for you to have COLD weather for early November deer hunting is to live in places that have 2 weeks below zero weather.

Cold weather for deer season ain't all it cracked up to be.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Redneck

I can't wait until my wife gets to that same point.. frown I love WI too, but I've had it up to HERE with the winters. Besides, at some point there's no way I'll be physically able to take care of this place.. [/quote]

Tell her ya can't anymore. You don't feel good enough to move the snow, if she wants to leave the house, she'll have to do it.

You'll be moving within the week. laugh

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
When my family moved to Oregon, my wife had never lived anywhere else besides MN...I'd ask her if she missed it after a year or two here, and she'd flip to the weather channel and then tell me "NO"....

Although I love Oregon, there is enough stuff that I am tired of here, that I wouldn't want you to embrace that disappointment down the road....like MN, we have too many democrats in Potland/Salem/Eugene that screw up the rest of the entire state...

Plenty of hunting opportunities, especially with public land...tho deer are not as plentiful as MN by a long shot... was when I first moved here... but the cougar population and the liberals not wanting them hunted sort of killed that...

plenty of varmint hunting opportunities tho...

spending a little time down in Arizona ( 10 weeks) just before Christmas and spending time on my freetime exploring the state extensively.. the Suggestion of Payson AZ.. I could easily live with that...

I use to travel a lot for business over the years... and I can tell ya from my MN days.. going to a business conference somewhere for a week or two in January or February, sure helped make it thru winter a lot easier...

Sounds to me you have cabin fever...while in Arizona, I sure saw a lot of license plates from MN....

Payson or Prescott AZ wouldn't be bad choices...

If ya wanna look at Southern Oregon.. you have a friend here...especially if it is even just for a visit to look it over...all in all this isn't a bad place either...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Redneck

I can't wait until my wife gets to that same point.. frown I love WI too, but I've had it up to HERE with the winters. Besides, at some point there's no way I'll be physically able to take care of this place..

Tell her ya can't anymore. You don't feel good enough to move the snow, if she wants to leave the house, she'll have to do it.

You'll be moving within the week. laugh [/quote]

going back to the 80s, but I had a brother in law, that had his plant shut down and the company gave him the option to move to Rochester NY or get laid off...

he took the transfer to NY, rented a home, while looking for another job...just based on temp alone, his wife was telling my wife, how much she loved NY as it didn't get as cold as Minnesota... you'd think she moved to Florida...

you boys are just getting cabin fever setting in....

two weeks to somewhere warm would be more therapeutic than you can imagine...always helped me make it thru the length of winters...for me, it wasn't how cold it got... it was more like how LONG winter was...that got to me each year...

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Dale K
How about Pa? Big state with a variety of terrain, that gives you a choice in how much winter you want. Here in Somerset, we've had a couple of -13 or so mornings but it didn't last more than a day or two. Dad had a -22 in DuBois one day. Down off the mountain and the Allegheny Plateau, it stays quite a bit warmer, I think Lancaster had 0 on the mornings we were at -13.

Depending on your weapon choice and area, deer season runs from the middle of September to the end of January. Bear, small game, turkeys, waterfowl etc. are available.

Except for Philthy and Pittsburgh, Pa. is filled with good folks (despite what Steely thinks of us Yankees).

Pretty decent gun laws too. Sports teams wear Black and Gold or Blue and White!

Dale

I have to agree but I am in norther lancaster county. Depending on what you want to do but the shotgun and shooting sports is very popular around this part of the state. Not so much where I grew up outside of pittsburgh. The hunting is decent gun laws are pretty good and the winters arent too bad except this year has been a little tougher than the last few but its nothing compared to when I lived off the great lakes in rochester,ny or cleveland, oh

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugeman, 1936M71, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,686
Posts18,494,019
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.