Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Nor can one shoot the 90gr E-tip.

I doubt there is much reason in anything, lots of folks marching to the same tired beat thinking that's the way to do it.

Ruger twists the 223 with a 1-8" twist but you can't load the longer bullets one would use in an 8 twist because of the magazine.

Of course Forbes is smarter, they know bullets aren't getting shorter and give you a longer box for those sleek bullets, the ones you can't shoot at of their 1-10" twist 243.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
HR IC

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JPro
where a faster twist might make the MOA guarantee a bit tougher? Surely they have some reason.

If they were worried about accuracy they shouldn't have started with Pacnor...Dohh!

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
lol

they pretty much created a specialty rifle for a specialty buyer who isn't going to buy it.

sorta like a camaro with a four cylinder and chit suspension, and you crank the price up based on paint job.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 02/11/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Nor can one shoot the 90gr E-tip.

I doubt there is much reason in anything, lots of folks marching to the same tired beat thinking that's the way to do it.

Ruger twists the 223 with a 1-8" twist but you can't load the longer bullets one would use in an 8 twist because of the magazine.

Of course Forbes is smarter, they know bullets aren't getting shorter and give you a longer box for those sleek bullets, the ones you can't shoot at of their 1-10" twist 243.

Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'll likely get a Nosler Rifle in 243 so I can shoot their competition bullets in 105 and 107 grain weights since I can't get the Amax any longer.

Oh wait, Nosler rung the bell with a 1-10" twist in the 243 so you can't shoot the bullets Nosler makes.

How's that for a [bleep] marketing genius

Quit beatin' around the GD bush......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Chunky Bell & Carlson stock, suspect mag box length, and slow rate of twist.

The Nosler Patriot seems to be a combination of Juan P. Walmart features on a J.P. Morgan budget.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I guess I'll be a guinea pig. I'm going to move a couple rifles and order one in 6.5-284. I happen to love my BC Ti stocks, so hopefully it's similar.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
... I can't get warmed up to the B&C stock . . .

Agreed. B&C needs to take a look at their stock design(s). Thinning the wrist wouldn't hurt any of them.
+2.....I hate that thick wristed bastid!!!...............Hb

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I really like the B&C Stocks. I dont have big hands, neither. I also like the large swelled HS stocks. I've never seen a need to booger hook a rifle stock.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by gerrygoat
Since there still is a bunch of confusion over the parent case of the 26 Nosler, this came from the Nosler site.

We will get the SAAMI drawing posted ASAP, but the cartridge is ultimately based on a 404 Jeffrey.

So do I gather that the 26 Nosler is +/- a 6.5. or.264 Dakota?

Why does a man who is 50 pounds overweight complain about a 10 pound rifle being too heavy?
SCI Life Member 4**
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm sure that the Nosler rifle is of excellent, but for a few dollars more one could buy a Sako ;-)

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
meh ... the "fast" twist 22-250 seems like a day late and a dollar short

True that. Savage will custom build a fast twist for half the price.

HaYen

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Patriot listed on GunBroker (308 and 300 WM) for $1269.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yep, that 300 WM tempted me a little but its gone so i feel much better now.........lol.....if not for the thick wristed B&C stock I would have bought it as soon as I saw it, Northern is a good place to buy guns, I have always been satisfied with my purchases there....................Hb

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
One of these days, somebody is going to get the twist/mag box right. Until then, we'll keep building.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Before we beat up on Nosler too much...

The vast majority of hunters don't use long range bullets that require a mag box the size of a coffin.

The vast majority of hunters don't shoot super light for caliber bullets that require a super fast twist rate.

Doesn't appear they're interested, so keep building because schit has been dying for a century with hunting bullets and standard twists and that's what the majority of hunters use..

Not trying to piss anyone off, but the general hunting public could probably care less about "specialty" twist rates that stabilize very light bullets or blasting stuff with long target type bullets.

When you market something, you focus on the largest section of that market.

I'm guessing Long Range & Ultra light bullet shooters make up a pretty small percentage.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup.

As an aside, I've thinned Ti stocks through the wrist without any adverse effect.

They should do it right from the get go.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Moses,

It'd take you better than a Century,to attain a first [bleep] clue. Congratulations?!?

A 2.8" box,twisted 9" and throated in accords...will of course do it all. I may have a few and that may be an understatement.

Hint.

Looking forward to yet another fascinating recounting of all the things you've almost done,the wares you almost did it with and all the places you almost did them.

Bless your heart.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Tom Thumb,

How ya been?

Call Nosler and cry. They made the rifle.

All I did was try to clue you in on what is obviously their attitude concerning fast twists and long bullets.

Never said faster twists wouldn't work.

Here ya go tiny. Good Luck...

Nosler Inc.
Attn: Sales Dept.
107 SW Columbia St.
Bend, OR 97702

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Moses,

You Whining Kchunt,you were nearly brazen enough to say sumptin' about rifles. Almost. Laffin'!

Fascinating to me,that your Stupidity grants you the delusion that you are going to "tell" me about rifles,boolits,twist rates,COAL and chamberings. Now THAT issome seriously [bleep] funny schit!

I realize that you are that the mercy of your Dumbfhukktitude and are simply doing the best that you can and I appreciate the humor of the fruits of your "knowledge" and "experience". Were you not an incredibly [bleep] stupid Do Nothing Kchunt,you'd know that I laughed at Nosler's stupidity,nearly as much as your's. Neither of which,have ever been a "secret",let alone "new". Laffin'!

The only thing you shoot is your mouth and I appreciate your taking the time to repeatedly expound upon it.

Bless your heart.

Looking forward to your next Whine and an eve longer list of things you've almost done,wares you almost did it with and the places you almost did 'em.

Wow +P+.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I used to think everyone was entitled to their opinion and the readers could glean what they wanted or needed from those who are informed (or think they are) on a given subject. I now have learned there are those who have an opinion and others are only entitled to agree with it. I also have learned there are quite a few folks who are definitely off their medication and should immediately rectify that situation.

Why does a man who is 50 pounds overweight complain about a 10 pound rifle being too heavy?
SCI Life Member 4**
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 41 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,723
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.