Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I can post several deer killed by my boy with a Sierra. Im not impressed with Accubombs based on experience. You won't change my mind.

Add to the list of [bleep] bullets.... TTSX, those extra long coated black pieces of schit Winchester had out around 94. Please feel free to add another Nosler product. The Ballistic Tip. I will admit that my experience was around mid 90's and JB has since informed me that they are different but they still land in my sucks and junk field.

Want the list of winners?

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It sounds as if your buddy had a failure but I can't understand why the bullet blew up. I've never heard of it before. I've seen three deer die to 150 Accubonds and one bull. No bullet recovered and all 4 animals were DRT.

The deer were probably close to the size of a bull calf (200 pounds or so, nice mulies).

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by wyoelk

Not really.

Like you said, I've got my favorites (based on experience) and you won't change my mind, either.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
smile

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Shoot enough elk and you will see the truth.... Ok, maybe not the truth but you will develop opinions on bullets. Use what works for you. Thats a nice bull though..

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Ive always wanted to hunt those rain forrest bulls. One of these years I need to try it. Whole different game.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

yes

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
ok...

Speer Grand Slam. Never loaded these for accuracy. I always stuffed them on top of 72 gr of 4530 and filled the freezer. They work. Odd that they don't get mentioned more.

Sierra Game King. Lets be honest. If you can't make these fly, you suck as a reloader or your rifle sucks. They kill game dead. I hate the lead tip. Never caused a problem, just a personal issue.

Sierra HPBT- We all know my views towards these. I will admit some flaws when pushed fast at elk 30 yards away.

Nosler Ballistic Tip. Kills elk dead. Enjoy the billion chunks of copper in your meat. These have since changed. No experience since the change.

Nosler Accubombs- yeah.....

Nosler Partitions- Possibly the best damn elk killing bullet made. Not as accurate as Sierra.

Hornady- Never loaded or shot. Impressed by friends use.

TSX- Works very well but I have trouble making them fly.

TTSX- Lets just say HIV infected hookers ass. Ruined me on Barnes for life.

Remington CL- Yep, works.

Winchester coated long black things- Shoot yourself. Its easier.

Did I miss anything?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Schit....

I forgot Bergers.

On antelope and deer? Wow.

Elk? Never had one fall over from Bergers but I never chased one either.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
That is the bullet I use in my .308s for a hunting load. I have killed numerous elk with it, including one 5x5 recently.

Not a single one needed a second shot.

Great bullet and very,very accurate.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
ok...

Speer Grand Slam. Never loaded these for accuracy. I always stuffed them on top of 72 gr of 4530 and filled the freezer. They work. Odd that they don't get mentioned more.

Sierra Game King. Lets be honest. If you can't make these fly, you suck as a reloader or your rifle sucks. They kill game dead. I hate the lead tip. Never caused a problem, just a personal issue.

Sierra HPBT- We all know my views towards these. I will admit some flaws when pushed fast at elk 30 yards away.

Nosler Ballistic Tip. Kills elk dead. Enjoy the billion chunks of copper in your meat. These have since changed. No experience since the change.

Nosler Accubombs- yeah.....

Nosler Partitions- Possibly the best damn elk killing bullet made. Not as accurate as Sierra.

Hornady- Never loaded or shot. Impressed by friends use.

TSX- Works very well but I have trouble making them fly.

TTSX- Lets just say HIV infected hookers ass. Ruined me on Barnes for life.

Remington CL- Yep, works.

Winchester coated long black things- Shoot yourself. Its easier.

Did I miss anything?

Yeah, quite a few, but I do like your analogy on the ones listed laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Did I miss anything?

Not as far as I'm concerned you didn't... smile

Sierra's are more accurate...but differences are pretty fractional.Anything you can hit with one, you will hit with the other.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My Browning A-Bolt 30-06 with the Boss shoots the 165 Nosler Partition as good as any Sierra Bullet i have tried in it.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
bsa, I missed something here???

Just seems like there was an insinuation there about the price of the partitions. I see it all the time here. It's always, "it's a small price to pay" yada yada yada. Same song and dance. For those that don't know about this place and I know there are a lot of guys still left out there that don't know about SPS because I still see partitions being sold in the classifieds for $35-40.00/box. You can buy firsts (factory over runs) for $20.00 (.308 180gr. partition) or these blemished bullets that I can't find a damn thing wrong with for $15.95/bag of 50:

http://www.shootersproshop.com/nosl...0-180gr-partition-spitzer-blem-50ct.html

I'd get them while they are hot!! I already have a stash of 500 firsts or I'd be all over these. Thanks god for SPS!!!

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bea175
My Browning A-Bolt 30-06 with the Boss shoots the 165 Nosler Partition as good as any Sierra Bullet i have tried in it.

Speak of the devil:

http://www.shootersproshop.com/nosl...le-please-limit-5-bags-per-customer.html

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I keep several boxes of Partitions of different cal's on hand all the time .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I keep several boxes of Partitions of different cal's on hand all the time .

Yep me too. Along with Hornady interlocks as well...

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have more bullets in my loading room than most of the Sporting Goods Stores around here have.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Bea mostly, yes. With the 06 I noticed a tendency for the Sierra 165 to shoot slightly better than the 165 NPT but it showed up at the 500 yard line and over a few groups....even then, it was not enough to matter on any BG animal.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
bsa, you are right about the Nosler seconds.. Several years ago, I spend some time in Ore.. Went to Bend several trips and picked up quite a few seconds... But so far haven't shot them at big game.. If I am doing something serious on big animals or trophy game that is stout, then for me the price even at Wyo. prices is worth it.. At present I probably have more Noslers, Sierra and Hornady bullets than I have time left to shoot 'em.. But my friends will enjoy them..

Molon Labe
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (44mc, 808outdoors, 7887mm08, 35, ar33c9, 10Glocks, 10 invisible), 1,253 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,692
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.